Discovery Gaming Community
Returning Player - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Looking for Group (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=400)
+--- Thread: Returning Player (/showthread.php?tid=200662)

Returning Player - Enko - 11-22-2023

Hi,

I used to play Discovery in about 2008-2010 period give or take, and played a few during that.

People may know me from

Bretonian Armed Forces - I think Capt.Samantha.Reid was the highest I got, I also ran HMS-Kent.
Queen Carinia's Privateers - Josephine Monsoon (?)
I played in Golden Chrysanthemums in Kiretsu - Enya Shinkaku
Planetform Industries - Can't remember this one.
I played with Ironwatas's group with the Consortium.
Liberty Cruiser?

And more that I probably forget, I used to focus a lot around Bretonian and Kusari space.

As a returning player I am curious to meet up with anyone I may know left over still playing, but also the following:

Looking to return into BAF and other Bretonian factions, BMM, Bowex etc.
Looking to play in Kusari space as Lawful or Unlawful GC/Dragons again including trade companies.
Interested in playing in Liberty space as well.

Overall I am quite flexible and wouldn't mind trying out different groups, but how are the state of various places these days?

RE: Returning Player - Barrier - 11-22-2023

---NEUROCYTE DATALINK UPDATE---
Welcome back, unit.
---NEUROCYTE DATALINK ENDED---

I would recommend browsing through the faction info and the latest dumps. There's also a general discord now with a lot of brief faction info and a bunch of other stuff (invite link). I would say most of the old npc-based lawfuls and unlawfuls are still there, just different people at the helm with newer cleaner rules. If you want something similar to consortium, I'd suggest the Technocracy of Auxo.

Make sure to click on that "returning player" link at the top, and hope you enjoy your time back here!

RE: Returning Player - TheKusari - 11-22-2023

Hello there! Welcome back Smile

Glad to see another vet returning. There's still some vets that play, others who have returned recently with the 5.0 patch only having been released.

I'd recommend looking over the Official Factions to see what's down your alley in terms of RP.

You can go for a Veteran's Package to get a jumpstart into refamiliarizing yourself with Discovery Smile

RE: Returning Player - Shimamori - 11-22-2023

Hello and welcome back. Both Bretonia and Kusari are a bit inactive compared to Liberty atm (rl is tough). For Kusari lawful side, just hop on KNF discord. This is where all the corpos, KNF, and all other Kusari lawful players and unofficial factions like mine are hanging nowadays. For unlawful Kusari, the GC or Hogosha would be your best bet as FA and BD are non-existent. Samura got a nice buff last patch so you can try the vicious corpo RP, too.

Best of luck!

RE: Returning Player - Semir Gerkhan - 11-22-2023

Welcome again!

Lately I'm seeing a lot of returning vets, which makes me very happy because I'm also one Smile

The most "complicated" thing, from my own experience, is to get up to date with the rules, and do a little research on what has happened with the Lore so far.

As for the rest, it's like riding a bicycle, no matter how much you stop doing it, when you come back right away it's as if you had never stopped riding. Don't forget to apply to your veterans package like @TheKusari says, it really helps.

Enjoy your return, and see you in Sirius!

RE: Returning Player - Enko - 12-02-2023

(11-22-2023, 12:48 PM)Shimamori Wrote: Hello and welcome back. Both Bretonia and Kusari are a bit inactive compared to Liberty atm (rl is tough). For Kusari lawful side, just hop on KNF discord. This is where all the corpos, KNF, and all other Kusari lawful players and unofficial factions like mine are hanging nowadays. For unlawful Kusari, the GC or Hogosha would be your best bet as FA and BD are non-existent. Samura got a nice buff last patch so you can try the vicious corpo RP, too.

Best of luck!

Would you be able to throw me an invite to the KNF discord again?

RE: Returning Player - Shimamori - 12-03-2023

(12-02-2023, 04:30 AM)Enko Wrote: Would you be able to throw me an invite to the KNF discord again?
Here you go

RE: Returning Player - -Revenant- - 12-03-2023

Welcome back!!

RE: Returning Player - Jean Paul Richter - 12-03-2023

(11-22-2023, 12:12 PM)Enko Wrote: Hi,

I used to play Discovery in about 2008-2010 period give or take, and played a few during that.

People may know me from

Bretonian Armed Forces - I think Capt.Samantha.Reid was the highest I got, I also ran HMS-Kent.
Queen Carinia's Privateers - Josephine Monsoon (?)
I played in Golden Chrysanthemums in Kiretsu - Enya Shinkaku
Planetform Industries - Can't remember this one.
I played with Ironwatas's group with the Consortium.
Liberty Cruiser?

And more that I probably forget, I used to focus a lot around Bretonian and Kusari space.

As a returning player I am curious to meet up with anyone I may know left over still playing, but also the following:

Looking to return into BAF and other Bretonian factions, BMM, Bowex etc.
Looking to play in Kusari space as Lawful or Unlawful GC/Dragons again including trade companies.
Interested in playing in Liberty space as well.

Overall I am quite flexible and wouldn't mind trying out different groups, but how are the state of various places these days?
o7 welcome back mate, pleasure of having you back here ^^ I hope you will have the same fun you had back in the days

RE: Returning Player - Lord Helmchen - 12-03-2023

Forget the Navy. Join Orbital Spa and Curise. We pay mich better than the Navy and we even give you Health Insurance and a Retirement Fund. Plus the Benefit of 2 Weeks Paid Vacation a Year at any of Orbtial Spa and Cruises Liners or Planets.

Atention OS&C is not Liable for Deaths or Loss of Health during Working Hours. OS&C Health Insurance and Returement Fund is a Voluntary Service of OS&C to its Employees. It is not Posible to Sue OS&C in any court if OS&C Decides that OS&C dont Covers a Medical or Retirement Case. Please Enjoy your Work for OS&C