Discovery Gaming Community
[Concluded] Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 (Day 1), 4PM UTC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Concluded] Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 (Day 1), 4PM UTC (/showthread.php?tid=200910)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Concluded] Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 (Day 1), 4PM UTC - Barrier - 12-26-2023

MANY TEAMS ENTER, ONLY ONE IS VICTORIOUS*
*others will get some prize money tho...

The Houses of Sirius have grown tried of never-ending war, which has taken the lives of so many of their citizens. As a result of of month-long diplomatic talks, aaaaand let's be real here, you already skipped this paragraph...

Get HYPED for the brawl of the decade! NO.... OF THE CENTURY!!1!

Combat Area
[Image: yfkJ0qY.png]
  • Main rosters start at least 10K away from each other, anywhere. Reinforcement rosters start at New Haven.
  • Every ten minutes, the map will "zoom in" on the inner layer of squares, until everyone is fighting within ~10K of New Haven.
  • If you're outside the current map, you will get hunted by Staff.

Dispositions
  • Main roster:
    5 Players, 20 million worth of hull points
  • Reinforcement roster:
    3 Players, 10 million worth of hull points

Example:
  • Main roster:
    Elbe, Tirpitz, two Donaus, Oder
  • Reinforcement roster:
    Tirpitz, Donau, Oder

The main roster starts the fight. Each reinforcement slot gets activated after gaining a kill.

Rules
  • No going more than 10K above/below plane.
  • No cloaking.
  • No docking with stations.
  • No leaving Connecticut (the main system).

Times & Dates
Dec 30 & 31, 4PM UTC start
You may join an ongoing event at my discretion if your team wasn't ready at the start.

Rewards
  • First place: 4.9mil SC + TBD
  • Second place: 3.7mil SC + TBD
  • Third place: 2.6mil SC + TBD
  • Per-kill bonus: 100k SC + TBD (shared among people on the kill message according to their contribution)
I encourage people to donate towards the prize pool - let me know where your money should go!
You can send the money to Conn-Overwatch.
Donations: 10mil from @tommygun209, 5mil from @Alfred.DK, 5mil from @Crayter Republic

Streams
Please enable 2-minute delay for your stream! Watch party in the Discovery Official Discord: (LINK to channel).

TEAMS
Each team must use the same id/iff for its players (OF and indie ids of the same faction are equivalent).
I will assume people are registering for both days by default, let me know otherwise.

Saturday, December 30
Mooberty Navy (Liberty Navy)
NWI (Coalition)
Assuming Control (Nomads)
Malta Hyperspace Starfleet (Outcasts)
Revenge Of Tekagi (Kusari Naval Forces)
etc.
14.8 / 20 mil | 0 / 10 mil 11.1 / 20 mil | 1.7 / 10 mil 1.6 / 20 mil | 0 / 10 mil 19.3 / 20 mil | 7.8 / 10 mil 13.3 / 20 mil | 5.8 / 10 mil
Captain: Akhetaten 46th|TFA-LNX-Akhetaten @Akhetaten Captain: Typhoon =NWI=CPW-C11-Zhongwei @Alfred.DK Captain: Siris K'Hara|Vemynal @Karst Captain: Ranseur HS>Marsaxlokk @Reno Captain: Komainu =ROT=KNS-Yurnero @9th.Legion
Main 2: Interdictor LSF-Boise @tommygun209 Main 2: Typhoon =NWI=CPW-153-Wuhan @Col.Zhang Main 2: Main 2: Sarissa HS>Tiamat HS>Tiamat @0xCosmin Main 2: Komainu =ROT=KNS-Takao @Venemon
Main 3: Interdictor 46th|TFA-LNS-Des.Moines @Yazov Main 3: Typhoon =NWI=CPW-133-ChongQing @Os_SK Main 3: Main 3: Hasta HS>Vincitore @Karidon Main 3: Takeda =ROT=KNS-Tokugawa @SirJohnKnight
Main 4: Thanatos =CR=FV-Tyran @Anguirus Main 4: Typhoon =NWI=CPW-122-Harbin @Flankernstein Main 4: Main 4: Hasta HS>Tarxien @Schxer Main 4: Takeda =ROT=KNS-Babazaki @Mort
Main 5: Main 5: Hurricane =NWI=CPW-596-Yat-Sen @Jeter.Leo Main 5: Main 5: Storta HS>Artista.Mestisa @CuteyCAI Main 5: Takeda =ROT=KNS-Yokohama @Arcana
Reinforcement 1: Shenandoah Reinforcement 1: Typhoon Sveta_Susuki @Nanosinx (unsure) Reinforcement 1: Reinforcement 1: Hasta HS>Dregion @Kustien Reinforcement 1: Komainu IKN-Anzuma @Gabriel
Reinforcement 2: Reinforcement 2: Reinforcement 2: Reinforcement 2: Storta HS>Sospettoso @JadeTornado Reinforcement 2: Takeda =ROT=KNS-Mizuho @vladimir26
Reinforcement 3: Reinforcement 3: Reinforcement 3: Reinforcement 3: Storta HS>Dominadora @Dark Chocolate Reinforcement 3:
Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: Reserve:
Making an epic name for your team is highly encouraged!

Sunday, December 31
TBD, will update at around 8pm UTC on Dec 30.
Players available on Sunday only: @Chronicron

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - tommygun209 - 12-26-2023

Can we have ships from different(or even hostile) factions on one team? Also, donated 10 mil to the overall prizepool, pease distribute it between 1st, 2nd and 3rd places: https://imgur.com/a/OPJRfjz

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - Akhetaten - 12-26-2023

(12-26-2023, 03:13 PM)tommygun209 Wrote: Can we have ships from different(or even hostile) factions on one team? Also, donated 10 mil to the overall prizepool, pease distribute it between 1st, 2nd and 3rd places: https://imgur.com/a/OPJRfjz

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: Each team must use the same id/iff for its players.

In other news, sign me up on the Navy team, 46th|TFA-LNX-Akhetaten
Suppose Mooberty Navy works as a team name unless anyone disagrees lmao

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - tommygun209 - 12-26-2023

(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)Akhetaten Wrote: [quote="tommygun209" pid='2320239' dateline='1703600003']
Can we have ships from different(or even hostile) factions on one team? Also, donated 10 mil to the overall prizepool, pease distribute it between 1st, 2nd and 3rd places: https://imgur.com/a/OPJRfjz

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: Each team must use the same id/iff for its players.

Huh, so that means I can't sign in as LSF battlecruiser to the LN team. That's not fun

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - Schxer - 12-26-2023

From what I gather, this will be a team battle royale, a fight for survival. So how would the staff manage it if a group decides to run while the others fight and weaken each other?
The 'Zoom in' thing makes sense but what if that team also plans in advance to get away from the battle every time the 'zoom in' happens.

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: You may join an ongoing event at my discretion if your team wasn't ready at the start.
And this...only worsens the mentioned problem.

So you cannot bring indies if others have an OF ID?

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: No going more than 10K above/below plane.
How would you keep track of that in massive fleet battle?

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - Barrier - 12-26-2023

(12-26-2023, 03:24 PM)tommygun209 Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)Akhetaten Wrote: [quote="tommygun209" pid='2320239' dateline='1703600003']

Huh, so that means I can't sign in as LSF battlecruiser to the LN team. That's not fun

You have two options - create your own LSF team, with blackjack and hookers. Or just buy a LN id and /droprep for the purpose of the event. It was either that or forcing people to have the same tag, which would get annoying.

RE: Chaos in Connecticut - Dec 30 & 31 (two events), 4PM UTC - Barrier - 12-26-2023

(12-26-2023, 03:26 PM)Schxer Wrote: From what I gather, this will be a team battle royale, a fight for survival. So how would the staff manage it if a group decides to run while the others fight and weaken each other?
The 'Zoom in' thing makes sense but what if that team also plans in advance to get away from the battle every time the 'zoom in' happens.

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: You may join an ongoing event at my discretion if your team wasn't ready at the start.
And this...only worsens the mentioned problem.

So you cannot bring indies if others have an OF ID?

(12-26-2023, 03:05 PM)Barrier Wrote: No going more than 10K above/below plane.
How would you keep track of that in massive fleet battle?

1. I cannot control how people decide to play. I hope that the monetary incentives and the reinforcements are enough to encourage people to engage.
  2. This is to solve the issue of people being perpetually 5-10 minutes late for events. Anything beyond that, especially if teams have already died, means you probably won't get in.
  3. That's fine I guess - there's probably multiple OFs without that many active players. I'll update the rules.
  4. Myself and with the help of staff hopefully. This is primarily aimed at conflict avoidance, so if a massive fleet battle happens more than 10k above that's fine.

(12-26-2023, 03:27 PM)Barrier Wrote: You have two options - create your own LSF team, with blackjack and hookers. Or just buy a LN id and /droprep for the purpose of the event. It was either that or forcing people to have the same tag, which would get annoying.

Well, that would be weird for LibNavy IFFed ship to have a name "LSF-%something%", like in my case. And /renameme has the loooooooong cooldown of 14 days, as far as I know

(12-26-2023, 03:34 PM)tommygun209 Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 03:27 PM)Barrier Wrote: You have two options - create your own LSF team, with blackjack and hookers. Or just buy a LN id and /droprep for the purpose of the event. It was either that or forcing people to have the same tag, which would get annoying.

Well, that would be weird for LibNavy IFFed ship to have a name "LSF-%something%", like in my case. And /renameme has the loooooooong cooldown of 14 days, as far as I know

Well that's what I'm saying, buying a certain ID and then /droprep is very easy, and you can do the same thing after the event to go back to your original id/iff. Renameme is not required in this case - it doesn't really matter what your name is for the event.

Ok, fine. Sign me up as LSF-Boise, LibNavy IFF Interdictor. @Akhetaten may join your team, if you want to