Discovery Gaming Community
The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Owned Bases (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta (/showthread.php?tid=201064)

The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 12-10-2023

[Image: BnaCNRQ.png]

Welcome to The Junktion! Your one-stop-shop to suit your iridium needs and more.

The astute traders among you, who have been frequenting the edge world system known as Omicron Delta, may have noticed that there’s a new station in range of your scanners. If you’re one of those who have noticed, I’m sure you have pondered some simple questions; “who put it there? What is its purpose? Should I be concerned?” Well sit tight, because Captain Daniel “D” Richards is about to answer all of your questions.

Who put it there?
This station has been established by a small group of independent Zoners who operate and manage it entirely. Construction was aided with a little help from some friends coming from a few different corners of Sirius. Some fine folks from the Gallic Metal Service have been instrumental in transporting all of our needed materials. Meanwhile an experienced band of the ever-so-resourceful Junkers expertly handled much of the construction, to which I assure you their handiwork on this project far exceeds their reputation.

What is its purpose?
The Junktion was established to bring more affordable prices to some of the best products the edge worlds have to offer. Our staple product is the refined iridium that has long been mined in the system. We hope to be able to provide a consistent supply of iridium to the market, becoming a reliable source of the precious metal. There are also plans in place to expand so that we can offer a wider variety of products.

Should I be concerned?
Yes, but only if you're in the iridium business and scared of a little competition.

So, with introductions out of the way and uncertainties handled, let’s get down to business. Below is an up to date registry of the imports and exports pertaining to The Junktion.

Buying
Commodity.....................Value (credits per unit).......................................................................................................................................
Basic Alloy36
Copper188
Gold205
Industrial Materials24
Iridium Ore75
Military Salvage100
MOX36
Toxic Waste8

Selling
Commodity.....................Value (credits per unit).......................................................................................................................................
Iridium80
Prototype Components2000 for pickup / 2250 for delivery

Miners, you may be pleased to hear that we are accepting assistance in supplying The Junktion with iridium ore. Your cargo will be screened before entering The Junktion to ensure you are not bringing in any unwanted materials or organisms. Once you clear the screening, you may bring your transport loaded with iridium ore to any of the available cargo bays allocated to storing the ore. Each bay is equipped with a mooring point, a docking collar, and automated equipment for offloading cargo containers. Feel free to enjoy the bar while you wait for the unloading process to finish*.

Traders, you may purchase refined iridium from The Junktion to your heart’s content so long as supplies last. We may also be buying your imports to the system. We’ve run an analysis on the manifests of some of the cargo ships coming to and from the system to find out the imports that are most frequently entering the system, and we have decided to included gold and copper to the list of goods The Junktion will be accepting. Additional commodities may be added per request, so be sure to leave us your feedback! As I mentioned, The Junktion is your one-stop-shop so you don’t have to cruise to separate buying and selling locations for your imports and exports.

Salvagers, we are accepting large amounts of salvage from military vessels you find that are no longer operable.

*Please drink responsibly, and do not operate heavy machinery while under the influence.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 12-15-2023

.:INCOMING TRANSMISSION:.

Sender: Danny "D" Richards

[Image: SRoIc1p.jpg]

Good day to you, haulers.

It is with regret that I inform you today that I have located an error in one of the entries in our kiosks' inventory system. I have made the necessary correction, and we are now purchasing gold at the proper price of 205 credits per unit. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused any of you. Our intention here at The Junktion is be an honest trading post for you all, not to provide misleading information.

In other news, we have expanded the station's IFF entries to include traders from the Sirius Coalition as friendly. Traders from the Sirius Coalition, you may now dock and conduct your business on The Junktion as you please. We still uphold Zoner laws within the station, so a reminder to everyone to please be on your best behavior and don't start any sh*te with anyone. Station security has been given complete autonomy in how they deal with any transgressors, and their go-to methods for dealing with law breakers are still an unknown to me. Let this be your first and final warning.

While I'm at it, I've also decided to leave the full list of groups The Junktion is currently welcoming with open doors: Zoners, Junkers, Gallic Metal Service, Sirius Coalition, and independent freelancers are all permitted on the station. If you are not a constituent of any of the aforementioned groups but would like to be granted access, please submit an application or get in touch with me privately. I will see what I can arrange.

.:END TRANSMISSION:.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 12-23-2023

Good day, edge worlders.

I am pleased to announce the Junktion has completed a major expansion to its facilities. One of the wings of the station has been renovated to include a state-of-the-art lab and manufacturing center. It will be utilized by our scientists and engineers to develop new materials and components that may be bought by you to use for various weapons and equipment manufacturing.

Our engineers are already hard at work finding new ways to utilize the salvage of derelict ships drifting in orbit around Delta’s stellar bodies. If you happen to come across any salvageable components from military ships, we encourage you to bring them in to the station where we’ll be sure to reward you in kind while the partitioned space is available for it.

For anyone interested in buying our Zoner-made components, we will be accepting purchase orders soon. Just be aware, your orders will have to be submitted in advance. No open-door sales for these items. Keep an eye out for our next announcement when we start taking on orders.

Additionally, for at least the immediate future, scrap metal will be sold from the station, which is produced as a biproduct of our salvaging process. If that is something that interests you do check us out for this as well.

Lastly, we will be increasing our standard buying price of iridium ore to 30 credits per unit to match our local competitors. However, we are also increasing our buying price of ore, for a limited time, to 40 credits per unit! Take advantage of this offer while it lasts, cause it wont be for long.

All pricing for the items listed above will be included on our main page, as well as an order form for our prototype components at a later date.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 01-24-2024

Good day, spacefarers.

The first thing you’ll find immediately noticeable is The Junktion’s main neural net page infrastructure has been upgraded. You may find it easier to view commodities registered with The Junktion, and with this it is also more robust on the backend, allowing us to easily update prices and add new items as the market demands shift.

On the topic of shifts in market demand, we find ourselves a bit short on manpower at the moment. The Nomad menace still looms large in Omicron Delta and it seems to have ramped up in recent days which has been bad for business, to put it lightly. As a result of the recent efforts of the Nomads, we are increasing our buying price for ore AND for salvage obtained from smashed up military vessels, wild vessels included, indefinitely. Specially trained personnel on board The Junktion will deal with any potential contamination.

Additionally, while The Junktion handles all the restocking of necessary resources, those of you who may be interested in supplementing our efforts will find listings for some additional items. You will find favorable prices for most of these goods in the Sigma-15 system.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 02-09-2024

To: Independent miners and mining guilds

Salutations miners,

Daniel Richards here.

Due to various circumstances over the last couple of months, our ore shipments to The Junktion have dwindled below what I would deem acceptable. We are actively seeking outside assistance to supply the station with the materials needed to keep the refineries going and refined storage topped up. Any miners who are interested may check out our main page for up-to-date prices on our imports. Compensation for your work will be well worth it, I assure you.

Should you decide to take up this venture, do be weary of the indigenous neighbors. They may appear inviting or even delicious, but they certainly do pack a short temper and would most definitely like to control your mind. Fortunately, the local defense forces have been fairly effective at keeping them in check.

Additionally, while not particularly necessary, anyone wanting to help supply the various other materials needed to maintain production should seek them out in Sigma 15 and Frankfurt. Our domestic fleet of haulers are expected to be able to keep up with demand on this front, however, a little extra help is always welcome.

Thank you for your time.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 04-06-2024

To: Traders

Tidings, tinkerers.

I’ve got something I think will interest you. The Junktion is stocked full of prototype components at the moment, 8000 units and counting. If you’ve got a special project requiring these devices then consider checking us out. We’re selling these on location out-the-door for 2250 s.c. per unit, or 2500 s.c. per unit if a delivery is requested. For the latter, be sure to let me know as soon as you can so I can reserve some stock for your request.

Additionally, to all other traders, please check out our updated prices on goods. We are now importing toxic waste for 8 s.c. per unit and, in light of recent events, the price of our iridium has dropped from 85 s.c. per unit to 80 s.c. per unit.

Good trading to you all.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - Denelo - 05-01-2024

Incoming transmission...

Communicator Identification: Yoko Mori
Source: HFL Lonely Sparrow
Encryption: HFE-99B

Beginning voice transmission...

Hi. Is your station supposed to be locked? It almost got me and my crew killed by a psychopathic alien in a cruiser.

Thanks,

Yoko
(she/they)

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - a7om - 05-06-2024

(05-01-2024, 02:42 AM)Denelo Wrote:
(Message From Yoko Mori)

To: Yoko Mori

Ms. Mori,

Your safety in the system is not something we can guarantee, nor is it our responsibility. You are in the edge worlds now, a notoriously dangerous sector of space. Anyone venturing out here should be readily equipped to handle the unexpected. That you are still alive is testament to your ability to think ahead.

The station has been IFF locked to most since its initial founding. We try to limit who enters to avoid any… undesirables from boarding the station. There are plans to incorporate a similar person-scanning system as Freeport 11 and Athens station so we can open The Junktion up to more people. I guess I will have to see about getting this project underway.

RE: The Junktion : A Distribution Center in Delta - Denelo - 05-06-2024

Incoming transmission...

Identification: Yoko Mori, Task Force Prometheus
Source: HFL Ichihara
Encryption: 00-P5

Beginning voice transmission...

Oh. Wow, I can't read, sorry. My bad. Um, glad I could think on my feet, at least. Thanks for the response!

Embarrassed,

Yoko Mori (she/they)