Discovery Gaming Community
Old Disco Player LFG - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Looking for Group (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=400)
+--- Thread: Old Disco Player LFG (/showthread.php?tid=201159)

Pages: 1 2

Old Disco Player LFG - Sloths - 12-16-2023

Hi guys, Played between 2007-2012.

Played Most of my time as an Outcast, Hessian and GMG. So naturally have been pulled towards these factions.

However having spent the past few days Smuggling away, I think it's time to start playing with people. Back in the day I used to focus on PvP, but alas I'm a lot older now with commitments so I'm taking more casual approach now.

I don't mind how I play, trade, combat mining etc. I'm just looking for a At least semi active group, not fussed on faction tbh, be nice to RP something different, but again not fussed

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - jammi - 12-16-2023

Hi! Welcome back. We do have a returning player scheme that can set you up with some extra ships if you wanted them.

If you use Discord, the community server has a 'looking for group' section where different factions have recruitment ads as well.

My own shameless pitch is the CDI, a Bretonian police militia I recently started.

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Elvinos2003 - 12-16-2023

Welcome back!

It’s always refreshing to see vets returning. If you want to try out, there’s a new AI faction.
Discord: The Enigma Confederacy

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Leo - 12-16-2023

Welcome back.

While I'm a leader of a secretive Freelancer organization headquartered out in Omicron Delta, we don't have open recruitment. However, that isn't to say that there aren't many factions around on Discovery that are open and willing to bring a returning veteran back up to speed! A couple have already recommended themselves. As @jammi already stated, there is a returning veterans program that you can apply for to help you get a leg up back into things.

Looking forward to seeing you out there! Best of luck.

~Leo

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Prysin - 12-17-2023

Hello. What was the name of your outcast?

I used to play OC back then, was briefly leader of 101st during that period too

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - TheKusari - 12-17-2023

Welcome back to Discovery Smile

The usual bits and pieces have already been mentioned, so I'll throw this out there. Not sure if the whole "exploration & research" angle is down your alley in terms of RP, the Starfliers are exactly this type of faction.

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Sloths - 12-18-2023

Hi, I've been looking up The Starfliers a bit, and been trying out how you guys RP and play myself (LFs with no weapons etc) However My RP probably isn't up to your level and I don't quite understand all this Jump Driver, Hyperspace beacon stuff, was never a thing when I played.

Any guides or anything to set me on the right path, as I'm enjoying the "practice" Surveying RP but I feel like I'm not too great at it

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Sloths - 12-18-2023

edit

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Prysin - 12-18-2023

(12-18-2023, 04:17 PM)Sloths Wrote: edit

hmm, i think i remember that name. i was playing under the name Martino Perez back then. I also flew a Storta, later a Sarissa called MNS-Razorspine. If those names ring any bells

RE: Old Disco Player LFG - Chenzo- - 12-18-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:09 PM)Sloths Wrote: Hi guys, Played between 2007-2012.

Played Most of my time as an Outcast, Hessian and GMG. So naturally have been pulled towards these factions.

However having spent the past few days Smuggling away, I think it's time to start playing with people. Back in the day I used to focus on PvP, but alas I'm a lot older now with commitments so I'm taking more casual approach now.

I don't mind how I play, trade, combat mining etc. I'm just looking for a At least semi active group, not fussed on faction tbh, be nice to RP something different, but again not fussed

Welcome back buddy!!!