Discovery Gaming Community
Tractor Beam - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tractor Beam (/showthread.php?tid=201497)

Pages: 1 2

Tractor Beam - Frank47_1999 - 01-18-2024

DO all fighters have a tractor beam? I'm currently using a Hammerhead very heavy fighter and when the B keyboard is pressed no tractor beam is being activated

RE: Tractor Beam - Vulkhard Muller - 01-18-2024

It's possible you don't have an ID equiped. All IDs are tractor beams

RE: Tractor Beam - Frank47_1999 - 01-18-2024

ID equipped?

RE: Tractor Beam - Vulkhard Muller - 01-18-2024

Are you on the Discovery GC server? Or are you playing original Freelancer?

RE: Tractor Beam - IahimD - 01-18-2024

You cannot undock without an ID equipped. At least in Multiplayer. Are you sure you have enough cargo to tractor in whatever you're interested in?

RE: Tractor Beam - Frank47_1999 - 01-19-2024

(01-18-2024, 03:16 PM)IahimD Wrote: You cannot undock without an ID equipped. At least in Multiplayer. Are you sure you have enough cargo to tractor in whatever you're interested in?

Yes, I'm unable to tractor escape pods. I then changed ships now using a Falcon heavy fighter, went out and again the Loot symbol appears but pressing the traction (B) key nothing happens. I don't exactly wish to start from the very beginning and try again

I downloaded Discovery from the forum, started a new game and had a tractor beam, updating to a heavy fighter resulted i losing the tractor beam

Something else, going to multiplayer there's no listing of any servers

Did an experiment, I started a new game from the very beginning. Tractor beam works

RE: Tractor Beam - Vulkhard Muller - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 11:53 AM)Frank47_1999 Wrote: Did an experiment, I started a new game from the very beginning. Tractor beam works

Wait hang on, are you on the multiplayer server? Or in single player?

RE: Tractor Beam - Vulkhard Muller - 01-19-2024

Also, do you hear any sounds when you try to tractor?

RE: Tractor Beam - Aingar - 01-19-2024

Sounds like he plays on single player, bought a new ship and didn't re-equip their ID.

RE: Tractor Beam - IahimD - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 11:53 AM)Frank47_1999 Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 03:16 PM)IahimD Wrote: You cannot undock without an ID equipped. At least in Multiplayer. Are you sure you have enough cargo to tractor in whatever you're interested in?

Yes, I'm unable to tractor escape pods. I then changed ships now using a Falcon heavy fighter, went out and again the Loot symbol appears but pressing the traction (B) key nothing happens. I don't exactly wish to start from the very beginning and try again

I downloaded Discovery from the forum, started a new game and had a tractor beam, updating to a heavy fighter resulted i losing the tractor beam

Something else, going to multiplayer there's no listing of any servers

Did an experiment, I started a new game from the very beginning. Tractor beam works

Yes, if you open Freelancer normally, after installing Discovery, you will not find any server when you go to multiplayer. You need to go to t=where you installed Disco, and open "DSLauncher". And open the game that way. Then, when you go to Multiplayer, you'll see the Discovery server