Discovery Gaming Community
[Event] Operation Nordseetour - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Event] Operation Nordseetour (/showthread.php?tid=201868)

Pages: 1 2

[Event] Operation Nordseetour - Einbeck - 02-21-2024

Operation Nordseetour
Sigma-15
Combat Event

[Image: image.png?ex=65e85c63&is=65d5e763&hm=d6a...093196417&]

OVERVIEW

Having just returned from a mission in the deep Omegas, the RNC Einbeck once more prepares to sail into hostile seas after reports of a large Corsair raid days prior. With high hopes of another successful deep-space mission, the crews of both the aging Donau and its auxiliary ships prepare for a challenging long week ahead of them. Should they cause enough instability, however, the residents of Thuringia will likely find themselves next to a now-awakening beast.

Dates:

Until the Wild Hunt begins; or until update 5.1 arrives.

Details:

• The RNC Einbeck will begin short patrols of the near Sigmas, with the task of both overseeing movements in the Sigma-15 and causing chaos wherever possible;

• No registration is needed; patrols will be announced in this thread 1 hour prior to their start so that people may freely log either Wild, Nomad, or other factions;

• Patrol composition may differ on the outcome of a previous one. As before, this will be announced in the thread. If a patrol by the Einbeck fails, the next one will be a scouting mission; if a scouting mission succeeds, a Nomad raid may follow. This is done so that all sides may impact the event;

• Have fun! This is likely the first such event to be done for Wild since the addition of the regional Wild IDs and I am very excited to see what may come out of it. Keep in mind ID restrictions, however!

NOTES

This event is meant to be a test-bed for future Wild events in Rheinland, Omegas and Omicrons.

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Couden - 02-21-2024

Ffs cant I just ruin someone pob without fighting bop defendsrs?

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Karst - 02-21-2024

I'm a little confused by the premise here.

Rheinland Wild going into the Sigmas is all well and good, but why is this explicitly linked to the attack declaration on that POB? What is the connection supposed to be there?

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Einbeck - 02-21-2024

PoB sieges attract people. People like to defend, or attack bases. I want to make use of this opportunity to see how much luck I have in acting as a 3rd party and getting players to create Rheinland Wild ships for future events.

At large, the declaration itself is being used as a reference point, though that is likely to change depending on whether we find the base location ourselves inRP and the base siege time itself. If it's at some obnixous, morning time siege window, expect the premise of the event to change accordingly.

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - kleinsuess2000 - 02-22-2024

Can someone explain which factions in this event? Is it the Bundschuh fighting against Military (disguise by Wild)?

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Max Morse - 02-22-2024

(02-22-2024, 08:16 AM)kleinsuess2000 Wrote: Can someone explain which factions in this event? Is it the Bundschuh fighting against Military (disguise by Wild)?

There are no factions in this event except for the Wild, they're looking to generate activity for their group by jumping on activity that is going to be generated by a POB siege that has nothing to do with them. The siege itself is Bundschuh and ALG trying to remove a Zoner POB that is extremely close to their bases in the system that is known to be allowing Outcasts to dock there.

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Czechmate - 02-22-2024

If you can shoot stuff, you can come, and since everyone can shoot aliens and wild, everyone can come Big Grin

RE: [Event] Operation Nordseetour - Max Morse - 02-22-2024

(02-22-2024, 09:40 AM)Czechmate Wrote: If you can shoot stuff, you can come, and since everyone can shoot aliens and wild, everyone can come Big Grin

This event is a Wild Donau flying around in Sigma-15 looking to fight things. That's it. I don't see how this is an event for anyone involved excluding the person that decided they were making it an event. You'd think a Rheinland Wild player looking for activity would be going and playing in Omega-7 right now with the massive silver event currently ongoing.

It's how sieges work now - 2 hour mini combat event - like it or not, they very much invite stuff like this and the attention is good to bring life to the region. I expect glorious mess and have no clue what will get down Big Grin

And wild are way more fitting for S-15 than O-7 surely anyways