Discovery Gaming Community
PSA: Discord images - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: PSA: Discord images (/showthread.php?tid=201914)

Pages: 1 2

PSA: Discord images - Sombs - 02-24-2024

Use Imgur or other image hosts from now on instead of Discord. As you will possibly have noticed, Discord-linked images are no longer working outside of Discord.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Geno - 02-24-2024

[Image: OUUls4l.png]

A lot of my bbcode relies on me uploading complementary images on Discord, this update really really really fucked me over. I now have an absurd amount of picture links I need to reupload and replace. I genuinely want to die.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Toaster - 02-24-2024

Ah, piss.

RE: PSA: Discord images - TheKusari - 02-24-2024

(02-24-2024, 08:04 PM)Geno Wrote: A lot of my bbcode relies on me uploading complementary images on Discord, this update really really really fucked me over. I now have an absurd amount of picture links I need to reupload and replace. I genuinely want to die.

I can relate. Numerous inRP reports I've posted used images linked to Discord. Quite an annoying process ahead...

RE: PSA: Discord images - Kherty - 02-24-2024

Once again, Discord shows themselves to be a completely unreliable application willing to bother their userbase as much as possible and whenever they can. Thank you for the heads-up. To be honest, I always thought hosting images on Discord was not reliable anyway so I always used Imgur. Tough luck for you people who do/did.
One day maybe we'll have something better than Discord.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Sombs - 02-24-2024

(02-24-2024, 10:03 PM)Kherty Wrote: Once again, Discord shows themselves to be a completely unreliable application willing to bother their userbase as much as possible and whenever they can. Thank you for the heads-up. To be honest, I always thought hosting images on Discord was not reliable anyway so I always used Imgur. Tough luck for you people who do/did.

... Discord was never intended to be an image hoster. They have their reasons as to why they don't allow external use of stuff anymore. It's just inconvenient for us people who have relied on it for a long time.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Kherty - 02-24-2024

(02-24-2024, 10:12 PM)Sombs Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 10:03 PM)Kherty Wrote: Once again, Discord shows themselves to be a completely unreliable application willing to bother their userbase as much as possible and whenever they can. Thank you for the heads-up. To be honest, I always thought hosting images on Discord was not reliable anyway so I always used Imgur. Tough luck for you people who do/did.

... Discord was never intended to be an image hoster. They have their reasons as to why they don't allow external use of stuff anymore. It's just inconvenient for us people who have relied on it for a long time.

I'm not talking about Discord being a image hoster fam. I'm talking about the service they provide in general not being reliable at all. I don't use it as a image hoster. Other people did.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Kauket - 02-24-2024

Everyone was forewarned of this. Why is anyone shocked? You had months - maybe a year at most - to prep to safety proof it.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Geno - 02-24-2024

Because not everyone is always online to pay attention to everything that happens at all times.

RE: PSA: Discord images - Penthrite - 02-24-2024

Another common W for non-forum roleplayers