Discovery Gaming Community
Aboard of The Ring - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Aboard of The Ring (/showthread.php?tid=202400)

Aboard of The Ring - RedEclipse - 03-29-2024

As the Dromedary-class freighter left the high atmosphere of New Berlin, Christian thoughtfully turned course for the Ring docking section. He'd had a good vacation on the planet, with plenty of skiing and natural gravity. A sort of mini vacation, it had been a hell of a long time since he'd been in the space of the great houses, having only visited his hometown on the planet Erie before, but apparently that was something to forget about forever. He shook his head as if waking up from a dream, wanting to perk up and concentrate on the upcoming event. Christian turned to The Ring's control tower to let automatics handle everything on its own "Freighter 'Lyra' to The Ring, requesting permission to dock." Receiving an affirmative response, he engaged the autopilot for docking and left the pilot's seat, preparing to exit.

A shudder ran through the ship and the humming subsided - the ship had successfully docked inside. Christian stepped into the airlock, the door closing behind him. The compressors hummed, gradually equalising the pressure. The door ahead opened and before his eyes stood a huge platform with various ships. Some, like him, had just arrived at the station and were unloading, some were hastily getting ready for departure - initially Christian was confused and couldn't figure out where to go, he wasn't used to the crowd and the rhythm of the houses.

Noticing the signs, he followed them, exiting the mooring deck into the corridor leading to the administrative section of The Ring. Reaching the reception desk, he asked the handsome woman if the appointment with Ms. Toast. Nodding in the affirmative, she led Christian further down the corridor and into a spacious room filled with the white light of natural light coming from the planet's surface through a panoramic window. Once inside the room, the woman left him alone. Christian sat down at a round table facing the panoramic window, watching the sunlight play whimsically in the upper atmosphere of New Berlin, awaiting for the DHC representative.

RE: Aboard of The Ring - Yannis - 04-19-2024

– Investors are flowing, at the moment. Our deals with the-

– Your appointment has arrived, Herr Gehrig. Conference Room C, deck 5.

Rupert Gehrig sighed. The meeting took so long that even Christian Burton arrived before it ended.

– Alright, I’ll make my way there, then. Gentlemen, I’ll leave you to it and expect a full report once I return.

The businessman started to make his way to the Conference Room C. While Der Ring was a great centre of activity for Daumann, there was no noise across the corridors leading to the elevator. The calm contrasted with the movement that you could see from the portholes. Rupert stopped for a second at the fountain, and drank a bit. His throat was a bit dry, as he had been talking for far too long for the past few hours.

A few meters away, he pushed the digital terminal to call for the elevator, entered, and pushed the Deck-5 button.

The door shut, and the elevator moved rapidly. Rupert always liked the feeling of gravity in his stomach as the machine went up or down. A robotic voice announced “Deck 5”, and the door opened. The conference room was right in front of him. Rupert stopped and stretched for a second, and cleared his throat. He then opened the door with assurance.

Guten Tag, Herr Burton. I am Rupert Gehrig, Betriebsleiter of Daumann Heavy Industries. Welcome aboard Der Ring! I hope that the journey was not too harsh and long to Neu Berlin!

Rupert put his hand forward, and waited for Christian to shake it.

RE: Aboard of The Ring - RedEclipse - 04-28-2024

Christian looked away from the window and took a few steps toward the visitor, extending his hand for a handshake. The handshake was strong and for Christian it was already a good sign, as it is a common trait in the outlying worlds, worlds where people are strong in mind.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Christian Burton, leader of the Phoenix Zoners at your service. Thanks for asking, I arrived on planet New Berlin beforehand and spent some time at your ski resort. It was wonderful, especially since I haven't seen snow with my own eyes in over ten years." he hesitated a moment and gestured with his hand, pointing to the table and continued "I see Daumann's business hasn't changed much in the last few years, since you've been doing us a favor..." he sat down at a chair and leaned back. He continued thoughtfully - "A small favor that could only your industries to handle in tight deadlines. Did Ms. Tost tell you the superficial details of our meeting?"