Discovery Gaming Community
Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question (/showthread.php?tid=202409)

Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question - Redline.Inc - 03-30-2024

Am I crazy (opinions vary) or is mining silver ore in Omega-7 a much bigger pain in the arse than any other mining?

Did the mods transpose some numbers or misplace a decimal point? The 'roids there are noticeably more difficult to
hit than anywhere else. You really only have a decent chance to hit the near ones, mid-range is maybe 25-30% and longer
range rocks are in the realm of "fugeddaboudit". Definately different than other fields.
Even with a good rate miner, it takes relatively forever. My gunnery is good, I've been mining since forever.

But those rocks there........

RE: Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question - Redline.Inc - 04-01-2024

(03-30-2024, 03:06 AM)Redline.Inc Wrote:
Am I crazy (opinions vary) or is mining silver ore in Omega-7 a much bigger pain in the arse than any other mining?

Did the mods transpose some numbers or misplace a decimal point? The 'roids there are noticeably more difficult to
hit than anywhere else. You really only have a decent chance to hit the near ones, mid-range is maybe 25-30% and longer
range rocks are in the realm of "fugeddaboudit". Definately different than other fields.
Even with a good rate miner, it takes relatively forever. My gunnery is good, I've been mining since forever.

But those rocks there........

Upon further review, I believe that my problem may be due to the forward camera on the Ragnar.
Although a lot of rocks are still impossible to hit (intended? since I've noticed similar happenings elsewhere as well)
using a humpback there got a somewhat better result.

RE: Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question - firesilver - 04-01-2024

Some of the larger mining ships can have issues with hitting rocks from the external camera perspective. The Hegemon, for example, almost requires you to be in the cockpit view in order to use the Mining Array because of how far back the external camera is, anything infront of it is basically out of the view distance and disappears, but in cockpit view appears fine. So perhaps try from the cockpit view and see if this also solves the issue for you.

RE: Omega-7/Silver Ore Mining Question - Redline.Inc - 04-02-2024

(04-01-2024, 11:17 PM)firesilver Wrote: Some of the larger mining ships can have issues with hitting rocks from the external camera perspective. The Hegemon, for example, almost requires you to be in the cockpit view in order to use the Mining Array because of how far back the external camera is, anything infront of it is basically out of the view distance and disappears, but in cockpit view appears fine. So perhaps try from the cockpit view and see if this also solves the issue for you.

I always use cockpit view since I read that this can cause issues.
I wish it were that simple.