Discovery Gaming Community
picking it up one more time - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: picking it up one more time (/showthread.php?tid=202675)

picking it up one more time - MissBlueBerry - 04-17-2024

Good day. So I have played freelancer way back in 2003 when it first came out, fell in love with it. It was awesome finished it many times over and is one of the only games i seem to go back to.

so now in 2024 i was going through some old backups on DISK and found an ISO copy of freelancer that I had forgotten about,
now im playing the campaign again and hit lv 11 this morning. So when I was looking in hopes of finding an interactive star map i remember there were a few and as I was doing my search I found you all one again. The only thing that seems new to me is the DSAce.log but I could be wrong its been 15 yrs when I played last .

I wanted to enable usage of the "/map system/base" and "/pos in system" commands in-game, so I wnet looking for DSAce.log file.
so now where do i find the DSAce.log file I can not find it on my PC any where, iv looked the following places
C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\ freelancer
C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\freelancerHD
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Freelancer
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\FreelancerHD
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

Is there something i am missing?
Do i have to install Discovery? I don't want to, as I enjoy playing my games alone i am not in to PVP gaming. and from what i was reading I will loos access to my current game LV 11 with 200 hrs as I am Meticulously searching each system I go into. One square at a time Very slow, asteroids and debris fields are always in the wrong spot But again, I'm not playing this game to speed run it.

RE: picking it up one more time - The_Godslayer - 04-17-2024

C:\Users\-----\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\DSAce.log

I've never got that function on the nav map to work. The nav map also is for discovery, not for vanilla.

Not even sure how you'd find vanilla stuff, there's probably a wiki for it or something.

RE: picking it up one more time - DragonRider - 04-17-2024

Interactive Nav Map is for Discovery mod.

If you want a interactive map for vanilla Freelancer, there is a program you can use called Freelancer Companion.

RE: picking it up one more time - Traxit - 04-18-2024

(04-17-2024, 11:55 PM)DragonRider Wrote: If you want a interactive map for vanilla Freelancer
here

RE: picking it up one more time - MissBlueBerry - 04-18-2024

(04-17-2024, 06:56 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote: C:\Users\-----\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\DSAce.log

I've never got that function on the nav map to work. The nav map also is for discovery, not for vanilla.

Not even sure how you'd find vanilla stuff, there's probably a wiki for it or something.

When I opened the navmap page at first i was YES i hit payDirt! But quickly found that it was not working at first I thought it was dead let alone the game and to my surprise it seems very much alive. even thou I could not use the map for major location it did help my navigate system to system much faster then just using ingame map.

(04-17-2024, 11:55 PM)DragonRider Wrote: Interactive Nav Map is for Discovery mod.

If you want a interactive map for vanilla Freelancer, there is a program you can use called Freelancer Companion.

That was my thought but had to ask to be certain, I am using FLcompanion, I have been useing it for my smuggling runs (Im at the point Liberty space is RED Wink
but having to tab out is a pain, kinda why I like the NavMap here as I can load it on my iphone.

(04-18-2024, 12:22 AM)Traxit Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 11:55 PM)DragonRider Wrote: If you want a interactive map for vanilla Freelancer
here

Oh Sweet! Thank You!!!