Discovery Gaming Community
To: Kishiro| || From: '\S/' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Kishiro| || From: '\S/' (/showthread.php?tid=202834)

To: Kishiro| || From: '\S/' - TheKusari - 04-27-2024

[Image: t9mWlni.png]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: Representatives, Kishiro Technologies
Subject: Optronics

Hello, representatives of Kishiro Technologies. My name is Albert, newly appointed Leader of the Starfliers.

As I have been going over older transmissions between Leon and our company, I am quite surprised that a sponsorship was agreed upon from the great Kishiro. Reading over the terms, it appears to be well in order without any adjustment from my side.

With this in mind, I would like to request some assistance regarding a project we are currently planning. We are looking to build a telescopic platform that utilizes the scanning suite normally found on a Deep Space Explorer. It is my assumption that a particular grade of optronics are required to construct this observatory.

As the largest exporter of Optronics, it is within my best interest to continue our partnership and gain some insight into what grade of Optronics you would recommend.

Signing off, Godspeed

RE: To: Kishiro| || From: '\S/' - Promotheus - 04-27-2024

[Image: michael-dziedzic-0W4XLGITrHg-unsplash.jpg]

Kishiro Technologies

Sender: Arakan Yukimura
Recipient: Starfliers

27/04/834

Konichiwa McKenzie-san.

It is always good to hear from such a trusted business partner as the Starfliers organization, a good example that outsiders can occasionally be trusted indeed.
We too are satisfied with the standing agreement and would consider it a failure of the original negotiators, and a sign of bad faith, if such established negotiations would suddenly have to be changed. Fortunately that is not the case.

Regarding your questions on the type of optronics, it would depend on the type of performance you would like to emphasize.

The type of optronics can influence the following aspects:
  • Scanning Range
  • Scanning Details
  • Longevity and durability of the product

Additionally we also have a Premium option.

I should mention that the Premium option, while significantly more expensive than standard optronics, positively influences all three aspects, albeit not to the degree of the individual alternatives.

To put it in laymans terms, if each component boosted their aspect by a factor of 2, the Premium option would boost them all by 1.5.

The premium option also requires Kishiro engineers to help install the optronics, so there is a bit more maintenance as well. This fee is included in the pricing.

Please let us know which of the following factors you consider most important and we can ship you a sizeable amount of the type of Optronics required to realize your project, for a reasonable fee, of course.

Forever a humble servant of Kusari.

Respectfully,
Arakan Yukimura

End of Message

RE: To: Kishiro| || From: '\S/' - TheKusari - 04-27-2024

[Image: t9mWlni.png]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: Arakan Yukimura, Kishiro Technologies

Hello, Arakan.

Previous negotiators? Perhaps it was a subsect of your umbrella that Leon had the agreement with previously. Your acceptance to take this same sponsorship and continue it is significantly appreciated by myself and my staff.

Out of the three aspects you have described, Ideally it would be best to have the strongest elements of all applied to this project. Realistically I know this isn't an option, unless a miracle can be performed. In these type of cases, at least in my experience, it's more of a "pick two" type of arrangement.

Between scanning range, quality of information and durability, I will have to choose the former two. The range of the telescopic platform and the details it can obtain are what we most care about as researchers. There is a high level of trust between my teams not to misuse or carelessly take on a task that would leave the equipment in an otherwise irreparable state.

As this means the durability and longevity of the observatory may be it's weakest link, we can provide quarters for your technicians so it is easy for them to perform maintenance. As we do have a couple transport vessels, they may be able to add in a round of Optronics from Shinagawa into their travels to ensure that there's stock needed if any urgent repairs are required.

Without specific pricing, I will round down to the lowest denominator and get a prototype built using your standard optronics product range.

Signing off, Godspeed