Discovery Gaming Community
Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Greyhound HF needs a Turret! (/showthread.php?tid=20839)

Pages: 1 2

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - Guest - 05-22-2009

So now that the Rogues have our lovely Greyhound fighter made, thanks to Nighthawk *goes all :3* I need to point on one small thing about it...

It's the only Rogue/molly ship, which has no turret!

Sure, 4 class 10 guns are fine, but since we have no middle VHF, we have either a underpowered HF, the Greyhound, or a Light Bomber, the Werewolf, but its still a brick. And must I remind you, that Sammaels are shait against any kind of grav shield, not to mention that if you replace one gun with a debbie you get your lifetime nerfed instantly.

What I propose is simple, give that poor thing a Turret will you? Let the plant stay the same, slap on a turret mount and make this doggies bite as hard as it's bark.

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - tansytansey - 05-22-2009

I even added a place for the turret mount on top of the ship. They chose to mount its' thruster there instead, though. While the Greyhound still works rather well with only four guns, its' loadout is pretty much limited to x4 sammaels, and that's it. If you mount a missile, you suddenly loose your ability to kill shields. Mount a paralyser to make up for that, and missiles become your only defense. x2 debs x2 guns works well for Light Fighers, but only because they are fast and have all the time in the world to whittle down their opponent.

An extra turret will allow us a little more lee-way with our load outs. Personally I'd mount a Deb turret on there, I'm fanatic about my ships' gun symmetry.

Also, the Greyhounds' Info card needs to be changed. It is most definitely not a Heavy Fighter by any of its' defining aspects. Class 10 shield/guns, VHF power core and turn rate. Either rebalance it to HF or rename it to VHF. Preferably the latter, as we all love the Greyhounds' balance as it is.

Ah, not to mention it's supposed to be our original VHF, like the Guardian for LN, and the were is a big VHF like the Avanger

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - Zig - 05-22-2009

Not to mention that whoever's behind the Greyhound's 4.85 infocard was clearly being repeatedly hit with a brick while perpetrating it.
I'll draw up a new one if nobody else is already doing so.

Mention Ashes Yotaka in it, since it is her, who updatatded the current vessel for the LR- wing *goes all :3 again*

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - Zig - 05-22-2009

' Wrote:Mention Ashes Yotaka in it, since it is her, who updatatded the current vessel for the LR- wing *goes all :3 again*

Well, problem is that the Mollys also construct and fly the Greyhound; besides, it's not Tansy's ingame Liberty Rogue that designed its snazzy new model. In fact, are we even assuming, in-arpee, that there -has- been a change in the Greyhound's outer appearance, or are we soldiering on and pretending it's always looked like it does now?

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - Daniel_Feenix - 05-22-2009

' Wrote:In fact, are we even assuming, in-arpee, that there -has- been a change in the Greyhound's outer appearance, or are we soldiering on and pretending it's always looked like it does now?
None of my characters are Liberty Rogues but, I'd ignore the fact that it looked different in previous versions of the mod when it comes to writing in-game material.

Imho, it would be like one of our best mechanics did modifications to the old model, sent the Mollys' and the Terra Haute shipyard the new blueprints for the new production.

But back on topic: It needs a turret. Badly.

Greyhound HF needs a Turret! - MarvinCZ - 05-22-2009

The old Greyhound was far from being "underpowered" with 4 guns, it was actually a very potent ship. I'm not sure how the new model affects that, I would like to see it in combat first. The size didn't change much save for the length. That might make it more hittable, maybe not.
I wouldn't give a turret to the old one, I need to see its performance before I can pass judgement on this one.

I would also assume it always looked like this. The previous look was such an anomaly...

Fair enough, but it really is much longer now. Ill give some feedback, but in short, the rogues right now have a over light VHF and a Overweight VHF, nothing inbetween. Mounting a turret on the grey would fill in that spot.