Discovery Gaming Community
Pirating in a dessie - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Pirating in a dessie (/showthread.php?tid=21482)

Pages: 1 2

Pirating in a dessie - Guest - 06-07-2009

We all know its bad to pirate in a dessie or up and all, but what exactly counts as pirating in a cap?

Say i am pirating in one system and in group with a dessie, if its next to me, ofcourse i cant pirate.

But what if it's off scanner range and does not participate in the pirating? What if its in another system together?

In rp, there is no rp justification to this rule, since its here to prevent pvp abuse oorp vise, but a pirate would still like to keep in contact with his base of operations and patrols, so i wish to ask again, considering i had many doubthful answers to this before:

Can a non cap pirate demand goods from traders when grouped to a capital ship, who, though, is not taking any partiicipation in the pirating, as it's not on the scanners or is in another system alltogether

This would be very useful to know and ill be waiting for a reply on that.

Pirating in a dessie - casero - 06-07-2009

My opinion is, if the dessie is far from the spot where you're pirating, then go ahead.
But, if by any case, the dessie is in sight of the trader, then don't. Even if it's quiet and at 5k from the target, just with his presence it's intimidating.

Pirating in a dessie - Mere_Mortal - 06-07-2009

' Wrote:My opinion is, if the dessie is far from the spot where you're pirating, then go ahead.
I strongly advise to the contrary. There was talk about this matter before and I'm pretty sure an Admin said that they cannot even be in group, let alone near the the incident.

' Wrote:... in group with someone pirating, and that unfortunately, makes you part of the action whether
you fired a shot or not. Just having the cruiser there is enough I'm afraid.

Pirating in a dessie - Corsair - 06-07-2009

I honestly don't see the problem.

Pirating in a dessie - Nightmouse - 06-07-2009

' Wrote:I strongly advise to the contrary. There was talk about this matter before and I'm pretty sure an Admin said that they cannot even be in group, let alone near the the incident.

The sanction you are referring to seems to imply that the cap was right next to the pirate, and not simply grouped and out of range.

Pirating in a dessie - Mere_Mortal - 06-07-2009

Yes it does, but I was looking for another thread that discussed this, it may have actually derived from that sanction.

well, see, I didn't know admins said that, then, there is no point talking about it:PDON'T BE IN GROUP WITH DESSIES WHEN YOU'RE PIRATING

Pirating in a dessie - Nightmouse - 06-07-2009

' Wrote:well, see, I didn't know admins said that, then, there is no point talking about it:PDON'T BE IN GROUP WITH DESSIES WHEN YOU'RE PIRATING

Which is a bit illogical, don't you think? How can a dessie 2 systems away have any effect on a trader who is being pirated?

Give me a break, if I say A, then it's B, if I say B, then it's A.....
Use common sense gentlement... common sense's always good.

Pirating in a dessie - Weedalot - 06-07-2009

I think it should be fine to be in group. In RP like sindroms said you will be in close contact with home base or base of operation: Dessie. As long as you keep in mind that the dessie should not show its face anywhere close to the piracy. Stay over 13k where you dont show on the radar at all.