Discovery Gaming Community
~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ (/showthread.php?tid=2525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-01-2007

Johnny Winter sat on a bar stool mumbling to no one in particular ...
"Ruddy Jay Simon, whats the deal, you'd think he owns the company, knickin' me Ravenclaw."
A large slug of something very alcoholic slipped down his throat.
"Got me flyin' his L-Train, runnin' deut up here from GC, while he's swannin' about down in the Cambridge
sunshine. HA! What have I done to deserve this ?"
The glass slammed noisily on the bar.
"Can I get another one of these."
The drink slid across the polished wood straight into his hand.
"Keep the stuff movin' and I'll see you get a bonus and a percentage cut at the end of it. Yeah right! We all
know what that means. Another orange in me bloody christmas stocking." ...
The third glass dropped back to the bar.
" You wait till me bruvva gets back, then we'll see, no more of this 'Winter do this, Winter do that'. Bet he's
only doing it to get closer to Bettie, I was in there till he decided to he wants to be a fighter jock."
His end of the bar had somehow become devoid of other people.
" I'll show em, got a bit of smugglin' lined up, we'll be rollin' in creds soon, you'll see. Get me own ship,
then we'll be talkin' eh ... Hah you'll see." ...
"Lets have another one over here mate."
The barman reluctantly handed the fourth across the bar.
"Mr Winter thats your last for now, and we have to sort out the tab from your previous visit please."
" Mr Simon gave strict orders on allowances, and you have used up your expenses voucher."
Johnny scowled ...
"Bloody hell, looking over me shoulder here too. We'll show em, you'll see." ...
He reached for his credits card ...

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 05-26-2007

Ensign Hana Arata's eye was drawn to a new poster on the Electronic Bulletin Board in the main room of the Blossom:

Reception Tonight!

in Honor of Celine Squadron.

And the recent promotions of its members:

Captain Hikaru Sulu

Lieutenant Goro Sasaki

Lieutenant Kazuo Sugino

Hosted by Nadiro Akinara, Taisho, KNF

(No boring speeches, please, Nadir-san!)

Congratulations to Celine Squadron
from the staff of the Perfect Blossom!

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Yngen - 06-11-2007

Nebotuda stands with his glass raised over his head:

A toast: (translated roughly from the original Chino-Japarean)

A Fool of a transport pilot

once took a young man from Junyo

to fly as a dragon among the stars.

Such guile has he,

that must be free,

to sew discord in all Sirius Bars!

Hai!

The rest of the bar yell out in unison:

"To the Fool!"

Hai!

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 06-11-2007

The Fool stands, winks at the young Captain, and then bows to him.

"Seiji-san. You rose through the ranks quickly. Are your feet still planted firmly?"

He reaches down next to his chair, and picks up an old, dog-eared and tattered book.

"This is for you, Captain. When all else fails in deciding your course, throw the yarrow stalks, and consult my beloved I Ching. There is nothing in life that does not change. The wise man looks for the changes, and flows with them."

The Fool then turned to his assembled friends and compatriots, and raised his own glass.

"To my valiant Trader Captains. Remember the ways of the Wascal Wabbit I taught you. Use your wiles as well as your thrusters and guns. You will continue to supply the needs of the Blue Lagoon in my absence.

"And to our esteemed Combat pilots. You have faced many enemies, sometimes against great odds. And you have made me proud! I have proudly worn the noses of Chuushin, and of Shikikan. I will keep them in my nose collection and cherish them forever.

"And finally, to our missing. To Sensou Walker. To Wasabi. To the Imperial Guard. And most of all, to our beloved Ambassador. She may have made enemies for Kusari at first; but I believe that she may rest in peace, knowing that her legacy throughout Sirius is now one of respect, honor, and love."

The Fool's eyes glistened, and he bowed his head for a moment to collect himself. There were few dry eyes in the crowded room.

Finally, The Fool raised his glass once more.

"To our Emperor, and to the glory of the Blue Lagoon! Kampai!"

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Vaporlinx - 06-11-2007

I feel terrible. You fool you have given me a problem. I came into the KNF before you, watched as the command rose and fell, and now see you at the door. I have unwittingly lived the life of a lynx. Always there, but hard to see.
Too many secrets have I, too bad i have no one to tell them to.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 06-11-2007

' Wrote:Too many secrets have I, too bad i have no one to tell them to.

The Fool listened intently to the young Lieutenant in the small screened booth they had retired to. Though seeing him through a fog of juniper and quinine, he heard the words very clearly.

"Kaneyoshi-san. You say I have presented you with a problem. I contend I have left you with a challenge.

"I know that you have been dissatisfied with some of the decisions I have contributed to in the past. I know that you feel at times that ours is merely the role of "policeman" for the people of Kusari.

"Protecting traders is not a glamorous role, I grant you. But, my friend, those traders provide food and clothing, and necessities as well as luxuries for our people. They provide part of our war needs."

The Fool reached out and touched Lt. Muto's shoulder; an unusual gesture in Kusaran culture.

"But, do not doubt, Kane-san, that we are in a war. A war for the survival of our culture! A war to preserve the Bushido.. the Kata.. of our heritage. Captain Nebotuda is well aware of that. I believe he will soon carry the fight further. The knowledge that we have indeed broken the Kusari Curse has spread throughout the Blue Lagoon, and beyond. Young warriors even now swarm to swell our ranks. They will need the experience of the more seasoned veterans of our Navy, such as yourself.

"We have proved that the SF cannot stop our Traders. We have proven our worth to our enemies to the north of us. We must now prove through our strength and prowess in combat that we are deserving of peace; which must be gained through that combat.

"You have proven your worth as a Gunboat Commander. The Shikikan has been decommissioned, and will be accompanying me back to the south, flying the [~V~] colours. The KNF will require a replacement Destroyer very soon. I will recommend to Captain Nebotuda that you be promoted to the rank of Commander, and that the Shikikan's replacement will be yours to command."

"If you are the lynx of the KNF, Kaneyoshi-san; then it is time you moved from the shadows, to hunt your prey in the open, proudly! In the ancient tongue, this dangerous feline was called "Rinkusu". A very fitting name for a dangerous ship. A name that will strike fear in the hearts of our enemies."

"I have not lost my faith in you, my friend. You must not lose faith in yourself or the KNF either. You will prevail, of that I am certain. And, on that proud day, I will be there to offer my gratitude for continuing and suceeding in what you began long ago.

"My tongue is loose from this fine Sapphire. Loosen yours with me, and then we will join our brothers in arms once again. Kampai!"

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Septuna - 06-26-2007

Well in honor of first patrol as an KNF pilot id like to pay everyone here a round of drinks. So what does everyone want? Just remember im just a pilot with a low pay so keep it cheap. Ill start with a Sake and a Riceball.

Myouri

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 06-26-2007

Ensign Yomigae walked into the Tea Room, and noticed his new recruit friend nursing a drink and looking forlornly at his neural net datapad. He walked over to the table and causually threw down a 1K credit chip as he sat.

"Myouri-san. I do not know how you spent your enlistment bonus so quickly. Perhaps you are courting a few of the local ladies? At any rate, I have some left; and I would like to join you in celebrating our survival today on our first mission."

Myouri looked over at his new-found friend, and gave a shy smile. "Hai. We did well, did we not?"

"We did very well my new friend." said Yomigae as he motioned to the pretty young waitress. "We are still alive.

The two young Ensigns sipped at their drinks, and relived their harrowing day in vivid if somewhat overblown detail.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 07-11-2007

Chijin looked up from reading the news about the ongoing war in the Omicrons between the Corsair remnants and the Hellfire Legion and its allies. He noticed that a few more strangers had entered the Perfect Blossom since his arrival. Very few KNF or KNT pilots frequented this place any more.

Since the Kusari Naval Traders had dropped their affiliation with IND and had begun to work under the auspices and direction of Kishiro Technologies, they did not seem to congregate here as they did in the past. There was still a clientele of independent traders, as well as the tough, experienced traders and Epsilon Wing pilots of the IND; but the KNT lads had taken to congregating at Nago Station in Tau 29, the staging point for the dangerous deuterium run; or at Yukawa Shipyards while their vessels were being repaired and resupplied.

His fellow KNF pilots usually got togther on the Matsumoto, since their redeployment to Hokkaido; or tended to visit the small, well-appointed bar on the Battleship Sado in their home system of Hiroshima.

Chijin was still drawn here out of habit; and because of lingering bittersweet memories. He recalled the happy evenings he had spent here in the company of Nadir-Taisho and Ambassador deLuna. He remembered becoming pleasantly drunk and discussing a possible future of peace and harmony among the Houses of the Sector. Those dreams had been smashed in an instant, on a faraway planet that was now merely a critical link in the supply chain for the ongoing war effort against Bretonia.

And then there were the rumors. Disturbing rumors about the untimely death of the Ambassador and her family on that strange planet. The rumors were even more raucous and damning on the Kiretsu bases of Shinjuku and Shinegawa.

Chijin still came here to the Perfect Blossom in an attempt to find the truth. He sought information from those outside the Imperial Fleet. He spoke with the occasional trader from Gran Canaria, especially the somewhat reclusive and mysterious TAZ clan. He wished to quiet the suspicions and the pains which troubled his mind regarding those tragic circumstances. To no avail.

Chijin sighed, and returned his gaze to the data panel imbedded in the table. The conflict with Bretonia had been strangely quiet lately. It almost seemed that both the SF and the KNF were content with an uneasy truce while their leaders waited to see what would result from the conflict in the Omicrons. However, he realized that new hostilities with Bretonia could erupt at any time. Captain Nebotuda was not one who would ignore the will of the Emperor and the interests of the Blue Lagoon for any length of time at all.

Their enemies to the north also seemed occupied with other agendas presently. That as well could change in the beat of a doves heart. Chijin was of the opinion that a warrior should not be concerned with the directions of political winds. He would much rather be faced with a known and direct threat to his homeland; one which he could respond to in familiar and sure fashion. And, the unknowns regarding their departed Ambassador only compounded his frustrations and uncertainties. He must know!

Just then, a familiar face entered the Perfect Blossom.

Simon-san! Please, join me for refreshment. It has been a long time. We have much to discuss.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Yngen - 07-13-2007

The Blue Saffire bar tender notices Chijin and walks over.

"Chijin, you have a message, closed wave transmission."

The bartender hands Chijin one of the bar data pads. Chijin read the message,

Chijin,

Somehow I knew to send this to the bar. You have ever shown your prowess at drinking and talking! Alas I cannot join you as much these days. Your detailer indicates you are still traveling on R&R. It is my earnest wish you find safe harbor before too long.

Your bunk at Matsumoto is reserved, we await your return.

-Nebo