Discovery Gaming Community
~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ (/showthread.php?tid=2525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Zelot - 12-05-2009

Jethro was tired.... restructuring Renzu had taken it's toll on the man. Otis had been raised in Liberty, but he had spent much time in Kusari over his life. He thought he knew these people and their culture, but working with these Renzu folk made him re-evaluate his entire view on this house. They were just maddening. Otis needed a drink. When Jay had sent him up here, he had told him about a little watering hole off the beaten path, a place in Kusari where the IND were always welcome, Jethro figured he would be able to find a Libertonian or two to talk with, bring him back to his senses at least.

Jethro came on the place, a little sign outside said Sophie's, and a little symbol Jethro clearly recognized as Discordian. Otis thought about his desire to bring him back to his sense...... none the less, he opened the door and headed in.

The place was empty....and a bit dusty, a young Kusari woman was working behind the bar, and it seemed like there was someone back in the kitchen. Jethro sat down at the bar and ordered a Sake.

Otis pulled out his files and started going over them again.... At least he had found a quite place to work.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Akura - 12-05-2009

"Lookin' mighty busy today sir" A young, not-so-snappily dressed man appeared from a smoky corner, hands on his hips.

His accent was strong, borderworlds Bretonian it seemed...
He swayed forward, and weighed up his superior, sporting his Interspace badge proudly.

"You mind?" he asked, indicating to the empty seat by Jethro.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Zelot - 12-05-2009

"Yea, I guess" Jethro moved his files from the seat, seemingly annoyed that was being disturbed by yet another young IND exec. Jethro thought these guys were growing like weeds these days, all with their "I want to look shady" mentality. It's why he liked Jay so much, he got it. You dont have to look shady to be shady, and looking prim and proper actually made it easier to conduct the shadier side of the business. Aside from some smuggling, Otis preferred to make his reputation in the IND more legal ventures, this man, seemed to be trying to make his reputation in, well... the other.

"Have a seat," Jethro said pointing at the chair, the man sat and Otis offered a hand, "Otis Jethro, I dont believe we have met before."

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Akura - 12-05-2009

"Nice to meet you Mr Jethro sir" The man smiled and shook his hand with a tight grip, "I'm Lance, Lance Valentine sir?" he grinned.

He stood six feet tall, with neat dark hair, his suit creased minimally.

"I work on the Corolla" he waved to the bar for a strong drink, "Mostly with customer relations, though I usually don't have to resort to using a bat" he chuckled and sat down.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 02-18-2010

"Roppongi Control, this is the Waverly's 5th, with a shipment for IND."

"Very well, Zoner.. docking granted."

The sleek yacht moored gently, and a few of the VIPs bound for the Sigmas took advantage of the brief layover to visit the shops on the main plaza level of Roppongi.

Reggie's "shipment" for IND was actually small enough to fit on a small hovercart, which followed him like a devoted puppy as he strode purposefully towards the double doors of the Blossom.

Piled on the hovercart were six cases labeled "WLLC Shaking Mountain Dark Roast", and atop those, two smaller cedar boxes, hermetically sealed. A discrete label on each proclaimed "Canaria Cheroots".

Reggie guided the cart to a storeroom door at one end of the long main bar, and handed a manifest to the perplexed barkeeper.

"To the attention of Jay Simon, if you please, Garcon. Courtesy of the Veranda Gang. And, if you wouldn't mind brewing up a pot of the Dark.. I'd like to check your filtration and brewing apparatus."

Reggie then walked over to a pegboard on the wall behind the bar, and began to search the pegs for something. His search finally netted what he sought.. a large, and somewhat dusty coffee mug with a name laser-etched into the side. The name read "'Pops' Warbucks".

"Well, at least Jay and his crew still consider me an 'Alumnus' of sorts," thought Reggie, as he proceeded to a deepsink and thoroughly washed out the old mug.

The smell of the brewing coffee seemed just right, and soon, he verified that the Blossom's coffeemaker was adequate to the task.

"Will the passengers of the [TAZ]Waverly's.5th please return to docking port 14. Disembarking in ten minutes."

Reggie smiled at the barkeeper and said "That's my cue. Pilgrims from Baffin to the Hawaii.. where no doubt they will undo half the good we did them at the Geode. My compliments to Squire Simon, sir."

Reggie finished his coffee, and headed for the dockinig area.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Tanker - 02-22-2010

Jonathon strolls into the bar after a long series of deliveries. Though tired and worn out, he stops in his tracks as a long forgotten aroma wafts across his face.

"What is that heavenly smell?" Jonathon asks the bartender. The bartender replies with a grin "Why, That's the shipment of coffee that Mr. Warbucks brought in last week"

"Coffee?!!, That's not coffee!, That is heaven on Earth!" Jonathon exclaims. "Please, set me up a carafe of it. I'll be over at my normal table"

Jonathon walks over to his table near the back with a slight spring in his step. As he sits down, he recollects what he has been drinking these past weeks with a shudder. "Freeze dried, artificial, simulated, synthetic , almost but not quite ,crap that they call coffee. Never again!"

As Jonathan breathes in the aroma and takes his first sip, his face lights up with a smile.

...After a while Jonathon makes a note in his wrist computer.. Send a thank you note to Mr. Warbucks, and an inquiry where this most outstanding coffee could be found..

With a sigh as the last drop is consumed, Jonathon gets up and heads back to work....

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Ophiuchi - 03-24-2010

Reggie to Jay:

Sorry I didn't have more Shaking Mountain to leave last visit.

Will half a BWT's worth do?

I forgive you for missing our Open House, lad. But the salmon are running next month. If you miss that, you're a heathen.

Regards,
"Pops"

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Ophiuchi - 04-29-2010

To: Interspace Neuralnet Division, Assets Dept., Roppongi
Cc: J. Simon Esq.

Gentlemen,

I have just docked at Roppongi, to give my load of refugees time to stretch a bit before proceeding to Okinawa.

I also visited the Blossom, and a bleached-blonde bimbo behind the bar was gracious enough to show me the establishment's Ledgers...

Frankly, I am appalled.

I don't even comprehend how you manage to pay the One Credit/Month Lease on this place from the traffic and gross revenues indicated.

Now, old friendships and coffee mugs are one thing; but I find it outrageous that a fine piece of real estate like this has fallen into such disrepute.

Gentlemen, you have two weeks to turn this place around, or I will either find someone else to manage it, or take it back under the Laughing Goddess umbrella myself, and turn it into a Sophiebuck's Coffee and Pastries Shoppe.

I'm sure there are plenty of Zoners and Kusaran citizens who would love to stop in for a little Canarian and nosh.

(Sorry Jay, but that's the way the Dutch Apple crumbles..)

Reginald

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Tanker - 09-04-2010

"Please look after the scorch marks on the hull. I had a small run in with the Liberty Rogues yesterday" Jonathon tells the landing bay technicians as he was heading up to Sophie's.

As he was heading down the hallway, a delicious smell of the best coffee known to man came wafting through. Jonathon pauses for a moment relishing the smell..reminiscing..

As Jonathon enters the bar, he notices it being fairly empty.. "A carafe of your best coffee, please Sophie"

Jonathon sits at his usual table near the back and relaxes... There will be a time when it will be next to impossible to relax...business as usual. But for now..great coffee and blessed silence.

~ Perfect Blossom Tea Room ~ - Malaclypse 666 - 04-19-2011

The kimono-clad waitress was used to seeing' robed figures. After all, this was Kusari. Both Shosho and Shinto Buddhism were still practiced; and monks often passed through on pilgrimage or temple business.

However, this one was... different. Under his cowl, he appeared to be gaijin. She bowed politely, expecting an order for tea and rice cakes in one of the quiet alcoves. Instead, this one silently pointed to a corner, and then gestured towards a bottle of Four Winds saki behind the bar. She bowed again, and discreetly watched as the man unfurled a worn tatami mat on the floor, and assumed za-zen as fast as she could blink.

From his robe he produced a small dog-earned and weathered book, and a small silk bag .

As she approached with the monk's saki, she observed that the bag had contained three tarnished coins.. actual money! She had heard of such things.

And now, she was certain the person was gaijin.. instead of ceremonially warming and sipping from the small ceramic cup, he had grabbed the bottle and.. well, it was disgusting.

"Yesh.. c'mere babies, 'n speak to ol' Fool. My previous oracle took a powder. Go with what ya got, eh? Gimme some breadcrumbs.."

He cast the tarnished coins six times.. noting the result from top to botton.. two changing lines.. nines in the third and fourth places. So.. two judgements for the price of one. "My lucky day..heh!"

He then opened the book to read the first Hexagram, and began to chuckle.

He grabbed the saki bottle and downed the contents in a single gulping swallow. He sobered a great deal upon reading the changing lines:

"A 'stranger in a strange land', eh? That's what I am?"

Following the moving lines, the Fool turned to the second Hexagram. A quick glance, and he threw the book down, shaking his head.

After a few moments, the man rose and removed his dirty robe, revealing a garish oversized "Hawaiian" shirt which almost covered his baggy tan shorts. He threw the robe onto the mat, along with the coins and book, and strode purposely towards the entrance.

He didn't even need to read the second 'gram. He knew it by heart.