Discovery Gaming Community
Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Concerning the last pirate sanction thread (/showthread.php?tid=29081)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Guest - 10-30-2009

Quote: hello there
Quote:You'd better stop

Is certainly better than Halt, considering he RPed even before that.
I have interacted with those two on a few occasions and their RP as pirates is VERY good and this kind of sanction was...kinda off.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry784931

I mean, You give a small RP demand to see if the trader actually knows what is going on...if he'd drift away without ANY kind of response I think i'd have all right to blow his turrets off.

What would YOU have done if you try to roleplay with a trader, who is silent, drifting away...

As a pirate I feel this is rather...strange, the roleplay minimum was more than met, the demand was a threat. That the person should better stop before something bad happens. They did not, further more they didn't respond at all.

I guess if that is the case I can be sanctioned a few times as well, since after my demand to stop:

"Hey there, now put her to zero clicks and don't try to be funny or you might need to have your broadside replaced..."

If the trader stays silent and drifts away, I simply snap my fingers and a fleet of angry barghests rip him a few holes.

So what the hell is a demand and what the hell is not and what is a
Quote: RP minimum

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Tovig - 10-30-2009

Totally agree.

When I face the silent transports who try to cruise again once you CD them, I ask to stop, I ask a second time, I warn them I will destroy their ship if they don't, and If no answer, I start to shot.

Also, this is not a thread to try to remove the sanction or argue with the admins. Just a fair question, what do you expect from us pie-rats.

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Boss - 10-30-2009

On Push Button, if you move away, I follow you talking. About 4k from the starting place, you die. Simple as.

If a trader cannot be arsed to hold still while we chat, or I chat and he listens, his cargo doesn't need to go wherever he wanted it to.

Fear the Barghest.

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Unseelie - 10-30-2009

Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.

"You'd Better Stop" = Halt

In other words, you must demand cargo, money, or that they do something other than stop moving before killing them.

Seriously, we're questioning this rule why?
Its been this way forever. You ask for something, or you're sanctionable.

What we expect from pirates, at the bare minimum, is 2MorDai. HaltorDai is not acceptable...

Trader's within the rules to say nothing. They're actually protected. Pirates aren't required to RP, and neither are Traders. Pirates -are- required to make a demand. Stopping is not a demand. Seriously, how is this complicated?

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - AJBeast - 10-30-2009

One thing is to kill people for the lulz, another is to tell someone to stop and they starting to leg it. I don't get that bit in the rules to be honest... If someone is legging it, then the pirate is supposed to stand there, powerless?

Rules>Common Sense?

PS: Oh, and just because something "has been this way forever" doesn't mean that it is right. Just a thought there.

' Wrote:"You'd Better Stop" = Halt

In other words, you must demand cargo, money, or that they do something other than stop moving before killing them.

Seriously, we're questioning this rule why?
Its been this way forever. You ask for something, or you're sanctionable.
What we expect from pirates, at the bare minimum, is 2MorDai. HaltorDai is not acceptable...

Trader's within the rules to say nothing. They're actually protected. Pirates aren't required to RP, and neither are Traders. Pirates -are- required to make a demand. Stopping is not a demand. Seriously, how is this complicated?

This is complicated.

Traders engage cruise a lot.
You try to type.
You try to demand.
They are silent.

You get angry and blow them up.
You get sanctioned because you gave no RP minimum

They dont get sanctioned because there are no rules against not giving a reply.

So, Baiting is the correct term here.

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Doom - 10-30-2009

' Wrote:This is complicated.

Traders engage cruise a lot.
You try to type.
You try to demand.
They are silent.
You get angry and blow them up.
You get sanctioned because you gave no RP minimum

They dont get sanctioned because there are no rules against not giving a reply.
So, Baiting is the correct term here.
there is much truth in those words...

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - DarthCloakedGuy - 10-30-2009

Let's not forget that by the time you're done typing a demand in an RP manner, they're already 4k away with cruise engines on full blast.

Concerning the last pirate sanction thread - Dusty Lens - 10-30-2009

Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.

If you want I can post our skype conversation.

Probably the least confusing rule in the book.

Make
a
demand

Dont just say stop halt hold it freeze kill your engines or any of the above and then begin to open fire.

The rule was put into play well over a year ago. Maybe even two. People have been sanctioned for it so many times now that I am well and truly flabbergasted.

The rule was put into play because pirates were shouting HALT and then blowing traders up for the lulz. Its a good rule and isn't going anywhere.