Discovery Gaming Community
The Black Sails - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: The Black Sails (/showthread.php?tid=32294)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

The Black Sails - Unas - 01-04-2010

Notes before reading :
This group has been made to keep the old community of the OPG alive. We used the OPG disband as our background because it is.

If you have some problems while displaying the content of this post, you will find all its content right here on a google document.

We wish everyone to have a happy new year and a good reading.

[Image: blacksailslogo.png]
Background :

Grimly get at his desk for his usual duties of Scourge. A letter with the seal of the king is waiting...

Quote: The days of the campaign are numbered. Those of us who care. Do so by too much. Those of us who don't care. Represent us badly or not at all.
Many great days have been had and many faces and friends have passed through the halls of the OPG at cadiz.

Many enemies have died,
Many friends have fallen,
Arguments have raged,
handshakes have conquered,

A lot has come to pass since the OPG came in Sirius. Full of hope and inspired by its own past and deeds still to come. Many of those deeds now lie done. The time has come to admit our own end is upon us. at 10.30 today it was decided by the overpirates and myself that the OPG will disband with immediate effect.

I am sufficiently full of emotion that I do not wish to say anymore.

Sparta.
Grimly didn't immediately accept it without so much as a notice from the head of the OPG.
He went in the kitchen to look at the Marauders’ reactions, then left the room with Karolis. They came back shortly after with Grimly striking his fist on the table.

Grimly started ...

" Listen up you all ! I know what you all think about it. But we are both amigos and hermanos, bringing our forces to defend the Corsair nation and make us respected through Sirius ! If you deny this fact, then you can already attach yourself to the canon of one of our salamankas and wait we use your corpse to destroy the bretonian ships ! "

" I won't let our guild fall this way but for this, I need you. We're a guild and we will survive all in this guild ! "
" For that, Karolis and I decided to talk with you all about our next actions. We throw out our differences such as our ranks. As I said, we are both amigos and hermanos ! Everyone have his voice in here. "

" Whoever wish to follow us raise his hand ! "

Half of the old OPG members raised their hand and a long discussion took place. Karolis, of course, Lonestar, Diego del Torro, Vilkas to quote only the firsts, had nothing but a feeling they had to continue the fight, not for Sparta, but for the Corsair nation. They regretted the pilots like Tiburcio Vasquez that got thrown into the sun or other deadly places after reading this news.
The pirates then asked Grimly and Karolis what they planned for the future. At this time, nothing was well prepared; this was even a surprise for the old scourges.

They laid out their plans step by step: first by choosing a flag, then a name, then something to stay grouped, united. In the kitchen, the debate was noisy. Grimly didn't take part in the first moments, but heard a lot of good ideas.

Suddenly he pounded the table once again.

" Hermanos, we have to agree with each other. After these moments of chaotic discussion, we need to organize our ideas and flush them out one by one. "

The proud corsairs shared their opinions and, after five long hours of debate, they came to a consensus on a name: the Black Sails. Dreaded pirates, they were. Feared by all those who traveled in their midst.

" So we shall be known as the Black Sails! "

Here the name and the flag they will fly under was decided. While talking about the flag, they neglected to choose a Flagship. The four Scourges of the OPG started to talk about the old OPG warships. While these ships were ideal, it was dangerous to change the plans for such a big fleet.

They chose one of the OPG Osirises, the [OPG]Executioner. A transmission was sent to the Corsair Council to not repossess the [OPG]Executioner :

Quote: This is a declaration to any corsairs interested.

The old scourges of the OPG Karolis, Jose de Tolosa, Lonestar and I, Grimly, let leave the now retired OPG warfleet with the exception of the Executioner.
This ship is equipped with the last corsair technologies and represent how proud was the OPG and will represent how proud will be their successors.
We rebaptized the [OPG]Executioner Osiris class warship to the Black.Sails.
The ship will stay in the Cadiz close defense fleet until new orders comes.

Grimly, Leader of the Black Sails.

The sailors kept talking in the kitchen about their next moves. Some were pleased to keep their old duties, but others didn't agree with this and wanted to forget about OPG and Cadiz. Etna was proposed. It was in fact the perfect place. It was far from the Omegas, but open to Corsair territory previously neglected by the OPG: the Sigmas and the Omicrons.

The move was made to Etna Base in the Omicrons.

Here started the reign of the Black Sails.

Ranks :

Sovereign : The pirate Sovereign of the Omicrons is the most feared pirate terrorizing the convoys of the Sigmas. He leads a large wing of pirates that fight to the death to make the Corsairs nation the biggest in Sirius. Any external relations and actions are consequences - directly or not – of his wishes.

Buccaneers : The Buccaneers are like the right hands of the Sovereign, they are fear pilots that manage their part of the Black Sails wing. All internal affairs are attributed to them such as the recruitment, promotions, demotions and the punishments. Their count is limited to 2 for the time being.

Treasure Hunters : The most trusted Sailors are given the rank of Treasure Hunters. They are known as efficient pirates and excellent pilots. They are given the right to use some shared ships when their own doesn't fit the needs.

Sailors : The Sailors are the main parts of the guild. Without them, the guild would turn into bits in no times. Those pilots have already an average experience that make them still redoubtable for any trading corporations and even the elite outcasts pilots.

Slaves : When it comes to enter a such important guild, the rights we get at start are close to nothing. The Slaves earn their rights through hard tests that only few pilots survive. To add to that, the slaves, once in the guild, are given one month to turn their sails to the full black and become a Sailor. If they don't, they are hunted down and killed for they possess, albeit limited, inside information about the Black Sails guild.

Roster :
Updated May 30th 2010

Sovereign :

Buccaneers :

Treasure Hunters :
Rodrigo.Alavera
Ariazo
Jongleur
Vega

Sailors :
James.Scott
Giulliano
Deimos
Tony Berlucci
Pedro
Mirrage
Vixen
Gabriel
Lonestar / Spaceball_3
Mejor_amigo
Viggo
RedDog
Sergio

Slaves :
Nagala
Jessy

Retired, but not forgotten (Come back whenever you want guys. We're waiting.):
Grimly
Karolis

Naming convention :
[color=#000000]<Name>|Sails - No rank is to be displayed.
The shared ships are named differently following the pattern Sails.<Shipname> with the exception of the Black.Sails (Osiris).

Faction alignment :
[color=#000000]Corsair tag/ Corsair guard tag
Corsair ID/ Corsair guard ID

Zone of Interests :

[color=#000000] * Omicron Eta (Etna base) -- Home base.
ZoI map

Ship use :

[color=#000000] * Legionnaire (punishment vessel) - No rank restriction
* Decurion - No rank restriction
* Centurion - No rank restriction
* Gladiator - No rank restriction - At least one ship of this class (or Titan)
* Titan - No rank restriction - At least one ship of this class (or Gladiator)
* Praetorian - No rank restriction
* Correro - No rank restriction
* Pirate Transport - No rank restriction
* Pirate Train - Sailors and higher only - To purchase in Freeport 11 only.
* Raba Transport - Treasure Hunters and higher only - Limited to the "Sails.Devorador" - Informations
* Corsair Gunboat - Sailors and higher only
* Osiris Battleship - Buccaneers and Sovereign only - Limited to the "
Black.Sails"

Weapon use :

[color=#000000] * Any weaponry sold on corsair (guard or not) bases.
* Two Code weapons are allowed per ship.

Diplomacy :

[color=#00FF00]Allied - Stop whatever you do to help them:
Corsairs
Friendly - Respect them (at least) :
Hogoshas
Farmer Alliance
Gaians
Trafalgar Junkers ([Trafalgar])
Neutral - Ignore them until they bug you :
The Order
Zoners
Orbital Spa and Cruise
Cryer Pharmaceutical
Hostile - To pirate on sight :
Everyone not listed
Mercenaries
Freelancers
Unfriendly Pirates pirating in our zones
To kill on sight - You stop whatever you do to annihilate these bugs :
The Junker Congress (.:j:.)
Outcasts
GMG
Blood Dragon
Golden Chrysanthemums
Bounty Hunter Guild
Any Bretonian (BAF, BPA, Molly, BMM, Bowex, Planetform)

The Black Sails - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-04-2010

Seems we raided your piggy bank now ...

The Black Sails - Dusty Lens - 01-04-2010

Funds yarrd. Thread open.

The Black Sails - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 01-04-2010

Remove me from the rooster pl0x

The Black Sails - Unas - 01-05-2010

' Wrote:Remove me from the rooster pl0x
Sorry, we didn't think about updating the roster with your recent retirement.
It has been fixed.

The Black Sails - Benjamin - 01-05-2010

hey boys. been pretty inactive last few weeks with work getting nuts around this time of year (snow day today hooray) so I haven't met you guys in game.

Anyway I guess I'm just posting from a Cryer standpoint and would like more details re: your stance to us.

that is all, good luck, love benjamin.

The Black Sails - Zig - 01-05-2010

' Wrote:Remove me from the rooster pl0x

Jeezus, what did you do to the poor rooster that you had to have a friend remove you from him?

The Black Sails - Grimly - 01-05-2010

' Wrote:Jeezus, what did you do to the poor rooster that you had to have a friend remove you from him?
For information, Argonaut left because he had no time. Real life comes first.
While I'm on it, I thank Argonaut for his 2 ships (PTrans and bomber) we made shared.

The Black Sails - Tomtomrawr - 01-05-2010

What are you currently doing with recruitment? Are you having it as invite-only or are you looking at every application that comes through your door?

The Black Sails - pruskis92 - 01-05-2010

' Wrote:What are you currently doing with recruitment? Are you having it as invite-only or are you looking at every application that comes through your door?
It's not invite-only, just pm any member in game/forum and ask him for one of high rank contacts. I guess we'll open recruitment thread if we'll get approved.

EDIT:

The admins do not let unofficial factions to have their own recruitment thread so it may be the reason you don't know about we still accept anyone (we can't even in flood where Ivan tried it for the OTC).