Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - Hades - 05-10-2011

Well I'm back! I've also got a WiP shot of the new Legion cruiser, it's the modern variant, because we're going to split the ship lines in two, having the 'older models which are slowly being phased out but still in service, and the newer models, which are phasing the old ones out. This allows us to create more ship variety in both gameplay and visuals, as we can play with the styles and have the older line look a bit different stylistically.

Enough talk! Here's the screenshot.
The red are torpedoes, which will have a 360 cone of tracking (hopefully) like on the ANS Yamato from Starlancer. It has two forward laser cannons, pew pew. Rest isn't final.
The blue stuff is your token futuristic glow crap, may be subject to change.

Broken Bonds - Domjan - 05-10-2011

' Wrote:Liberty is named after America's ideals and apparant slogan
Bretonia is a play on Britain (I would have named it Albion or something personally)
Kusari is Japanese for chainmail or something, which is quite a symbolic name, each ring in chainlink extends to the chainlinks around it, individually they are worthless but linked together they are strong.
Rheinland is a play on Rhineland. I'm not sure of it's meaning. Seems to be a broad term describing an area in Germany around the two World Wars.
Gallia is something to do with the latin word for the french I think, the Gauls or something.
Lucania even, an ancient province of southern Italy.

But Queensland? It's a state of Australia.

It's just... too obvious and uninspired.

Oh brother, too obvious and uninspired? And you're playing Discovery? :lol:
Look at Discovery, then going by your logic it is way too obvious and uninspired.

Also to the Broken Bonds devs, I signed up on your forums a long time ago, just can't wait till you finish it, and the storyline looks awesome, especially the fact that police faction are merged with military.

Love it, keep it up.

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 05-10-2011

That ship is sexy as always. But what's that smaller ship next to the SCDF and Legion cruisers?

Broken Bonds - Kuze - 05-10-2011

Yea that legion cruiser looks neat...and finally some normal bad ass turrets for capitals not the, ehm how to call them nicely, ones from vanilla:D

Broken Bonds - Kazinsal - 05-11-2011

' Wrote:That ship is sexy as always. But what's that smaller ship next to the SCDF and Legion cruisers?
That's an unfinished concept model for the SCDF frigate. It's meant to act as fire support backing up cruisers. Also makes a hell of a light patrol craft.

' Wrote:Yea that legion cruiser looks neat...and finally some normal bad ass turrets for capitals not the, ehm how to call them nicely, ones from vanilla:D
The only downside is that they're rather high poly. So we'll obviously be lowering the poly count on them before setting them up to be actual turrets in-game. Which means I need to code some turrets, yay!

Broken Bonds - Hades - 05-11-2011

' Wrote:That ship is sexy as always. But what's that smaller ship next to the SCDF and Legion cruisers?
As Kaz said, the SCDF frigate I'm working on on the side.

' Wrote:Yea that legion cruiser looks neat...and finally some normal bad ass turrets for capitals not the, ehm how to call them nicely, ones from vanilla:D
Thanks. Generally, our capital ships are going to be more like they are in Starlancer, large behemoths of war, bristling with dozens of death-dealing turrets and as awesome in repose as they are in battle, not like the diminutive warships in vanilla Freelancer. Our frigates are Freelancer's largest cruisers, our cruisers are Freelancer's largest battleships, our dreadnoughts are incomparable.

Weapons will be very similar to the ones used in Starlancer and the FL intro, as well. I'm not totally sure on what all types of weapons we'll have, but railguns like in the FL Intro, and torpedoes like in Starlancer are definite.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-11-2011

' Wrote:I'm not totally sure on what all types of weapons we'll have
Lasers for point defense on caps are definate, too.

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 05-11-2011

Alright... any chance of reserving a SCDF Cruiser and Frigate for me when the mod comes out? :ylove::ylove::ylove::ylove::ylove:

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-11-2011

' Wrote:Alright... any chance of reserving a SCDF Cruiser and Frigate for me when the mod comes out?
Sure, provided you can raise the credits and pay for it. :P

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 05-11-2011

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Will it be easy to make credits in Broken Bonds? Like, no more 4-day-mine-grinding to get a Cruiser?
Or how about a credit-bonus for the first 100 accounts?:nyam: