Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - MarvinCZ - 05-11-2011

Interesting idea about incentives, I think we should think about that - but of course that's just my idea, no promises.

Bear in mind that our cruisers are comparable to Disco Battleships ... a bit of work should be needed.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-11-2011

Our plans at present for raising credits are to have trading, mining, and missions all be viable ways to make money, that way you can do it how you wish. With missions, for example, you could fund a mercenary character entirely in character, without having to grind on you trader to do it.

Broken Bonds - Klaw117 - 05-11-2011

This mod looks VERY promising and I will most likely try it out when it comes out. Most mods don't usually win me over, but this one definitely has.

I just have one question. Will this have any connection to Sirius whatsoever in the present or the future? For example, will any of the people be able to contact or reach the Sirius Sector through some uncharted jump hole that you may put in as a future idea?

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-11-2011

' Wrote:This mod looks VERY promising and I will most likely try it out when it comes out. Most mods don't usually win me over, but this one definitely has.

I just have one question. Will this have any connection to Sirius whatsoever in the present or the future? For example, will any of the people be able to contact or reach the Sirius Sector through some uncharted jump hole that you may put in as a future idea?
Our plans are to keep the two sectors completely seperate. It would be rather hard to put Sirius back in, as we're recycling Vanilla infocards and faction entries as well as other stuff rather than making new ones.

Broken Bonds - jammi - 05-15-2011

Just to note, the Broken Bonds development team are currently running a competition on our home forums. Folks are more than welcome to head over and suggest contraband commodities for use in Medicea and Southern Cross. Winning suggestions will net the player a single fully equipped fighter or freighter of their choice upon release! See here.

Broken Bonds - Kuze - 05-16-2011

' Wrote:Weapons will be very similar to the ones used in Starlancer and the FL intro, as well. I'm not totally sure on what all types of weapons we'll have, but railguns like in the FL Intro, and torpedoes like in Starlancer are definite.

So it means kinetic energy weapons? Oh great if yea...I am very tired of all the particle guns in all mods...it is getting boring.

Broken Bonds - Kazinsal - 05-18-2011

Plenty of bullets and chunks of DU will be thrown around in Broken Bonds battles indeed. As well as bright flashing beams, of course. But plenty of other forms of projectile death.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:Plenty of bullets and chunks of DU will be thrown around in Broken Bonds battles indeed. As well as bright flashing beams, of course. But plenty of other forms of projectile death.
Yep! Broken Bonds: Offering up hot death in a variety of pleasing flavors since 0 AA!

Broken Bonds - jammi - 06-14-2011

This is just a general update to let folks know that we've set up a Community Chat for people interested in Broken Bonds. You can all use it to question developers and ask them awkward questions. It'll also help you to get to know the other players you'll be playing alongside when the mod is actually released.

If you're interested in being added, just contact me here, on Skype or post in this thread.

Broken Bonds - Politus - 06-21-2011

' Wrote:We have two new teaser previews for you!

LARGE TRAIN: yes, it's a replacement for vanilla trains (still has not final confirmation, it may change). And yes, there's other variants with less containers.
Looks kind of like one of the Nanny ships from Starlancer attached to a container rig.