Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 02-12-2012

You can not imagine how many rainbows I just puked. I assume it won't be flyable in the demo?

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-12-2012

We haven't actually decided yet. We'll be discussing that, but I'm thinking it's a possibility. You'll need something to shoot at in a bomber, after all. They're a fair bit heavier than Disco's bombers.

Broken Bonds - Aingar - 02-12-2012

' Wrote:They're a fair bit heavier than Disco's bombers.

As in heavier than Challenger/Fafnir?

' Wrote:As in heavier than Challenger/Fafnir?

I read Morgan's post on bombers in the BB forum, and it seems they'll actually be pretty large things. Fafnir-size, I guess.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-12-2012

Here's the SCDF's bomber, the Eureka.

You can see the pilot and co-pilot sitting side by side in the cockpit. Our idea for bomber scaling was inspired by Starlancer bombers. Big, heavily armed, but rather weak against fighters. You'll want to get in, release your ordinance, and get back out as quick as possible. Enemy fighters and interceptors will be trying to take you out quickly, and failing that, trying to knock out your torpedoes before they hit their target.

As usual, awesome.

Broken Bonds - jammi - 02-12-2012

Interceptors - our light fighters - will have the important role of chasing down enemy torpedoes during fleet actions. Unlike standard Freelancer, the torpedoes will have relatively large models, and suitable hitboxes. This will enable them to be actually targeted.

Actually finding them may be difficult though, seeing as so far as I am aware, torpedoes don't appear on any of the radar screen filters. We may add a rather large smoke plume to the torpedo to make it nice and easy to spot, to counterbalance this.

Broken Bonds - Aingar - 02-12-2012

With each post it sounds more and more like Freespace, love it! I just hope there will be no "insta" weapons like our SNAC/MR+Mine, and game will be more orientated toward tactics than personal pvp skills (Like current disco that emphasises agility over armor)

Broken Bonds - jammi - 02-13-2012

' Wrote:(Like current disco that emphasises agility over armor)
Well, that's at least partially a problem with the game engine. In Freelancer, agility is always going to be the biggest advantage, due to the game's twitch based nature.

That said, we're making combat slightly different. It'll probably be quicker, for starters. To compensate, our death penalties will probably be a lot less restrictive and time consuming than Disco's.

Still, the demo will be a live fire practice for our weapon balance, I guess. We'll probably make adjustments after seeing how badly people manage to break the system. :P

Broken Bonds - Dashiell - 02-13-2012

Any idea how this will install? FLMM or something?