Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-09-2014

That's actually the thruster port. The engine is the half-ring around the hull. Once I apply engine effects in game, it's going to look really cool.

RE: Broken Bonds - Toaster - 03-09-2014

Oh. Woah. Alright, now that I look at it like that it looks amazing.

RE: Broken Bonds - Altejago - 03-09-2014

I don't like how you translated 'Aotearoans' as unlawfuls, considering that implies Maoris are criminals.

As a Kiwi, I don't take this very well.

RE: Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-09-2014

No disrespect towards anyone was intended. Our SC factions were the product of our lead writer and team Aussie, Pieguy. The idea behind the Aotearoans was that the New Zealanders on the Invictus were promised their own state. The Commonwealth later screwed them out of it. Whether they're terrorists or an honorable resistance fighting a guerilla war for their rights is a matter of perspective.

I'll have a word with our writing team about making them an honorable group in a bad situation. There's a lot that can be done in rumors for fleshing out factions beyond what infocards can do.

RE: Broken Bonds - Kazinsal - 03-10-2014

Okay, so, this isn't really what I'd call a major teaser or anything (hence the lack of super fancy official post header), but I did a hitbox for the PR-24 and Cap got it up more or less working in-game. I polished off a few bugs and fired it up to see how it looks.

[Image: jI05ryr.png]

I think we might need to make the engine effects a bit smaller. Or not, seeing as it is a racing interceptor, after all.

RE: Broken Bonds - pieguy259 - 03-10-2014

(03-09-2014, 03:28 PM)Mr. Altejago Wrote: I don't like how you translated 'Aotearoans' as unlawfuls, considering that implies Maoris are criminals.

As a Kiwi, I don't take this very well.
Hi there,

I'm the head writer for BB, and responsible for the Southern Cross content. As such, I was the one who came up with the Aotearoans faction. I just wanted to hopefully address some of your concerns here.

There's a couple of points we stress about the faction. First, not all those of New Zealand descent belong to it. The Aotearoans are to New Zealand as al-Qaeda is to Islam: a small group of extreme hard-line radicals that enjoys very little support among the people they claim to represent. While most New Zealanders in BB would, if polled, say they wanted an independent state, they would also express their firm belief that the Aotearoans are not helping.

(As an aside, not all Aotearoans are Maori either - far from it. There's about an even split between Maori and pakeha.)

Secondly, they have a legitimate grievance. Successive Australian and Southern Cross governments lied to the New Zealanders and their descendants, claiming that they'd receive their own star systems and sovereignty when there was no intention of giving it to them. These guys aren't just criminals, or butchers - they are honestly and legitimately very angry for wrongs perpetrated against them.

So, why did we call them "Aotearoans"? Because Aotearoa is a name that is very evocative of New Zealand - I'd imagine if there had been a NZ ship and subsequent house, they'd have called it Aotearoa. It was certainly not intended to imply that all the terrorists were Maori, or that all the Maori were terrorists, and we apologise for the offence.

All that said, we're more than willing to accept input, and the name of the faction is by no means set in stone. If you feel there's a name that would be more suitable, we'd love to hear it.

Thanks for your interest in Broken Bonds.

RE: Broken Bonds - Pancakes - 03-11-2014

Genuinely the first time I heard of this mod. The backstory seems awesome.

RE: Broken Bonds - Toaster - 03-12-2014

(03-10-2014, 05:09 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Okay, so, this isn't really what I'd call a major teaser or anything (hence the lack of super fancy official post header), but I did a hitbox for the PR-24 and Cap got it up more or less working in-game. I polished off a few bugs and fired it up to see how it looks.

[image]

I think we might need to make the engine effects a bit smaller. Or not, seeing as it is a racing interceptor, after all.

I definitely suggest making it smaller. After all, I think players would like to be able to actually see their ship. (And massive engine effects like that can make the game lag for those of us who have truly ancient PCs.)

RE: Broken Bonds - Kazinsal - 04-01-2014

[Image: newlogo.png]

It's a new month, and that means a new update!

Hey folks! Work on Broken Bonds is continuing at a rapid pace -- if you've seen some of our updates on these here forums, you'll know what I mean -- and because of that we feel it's time to make an important announcement about the future of the game.

We'll be releasing a closed beta sometime later this year, and we want you to sign up now. We don't have exact details as to when it'll be happening, nor how it's going to work exactly, but we'd like to gauge interest a bit early and have a bunch of lucky people testing the game before it's completely done.

So, how do you get in? Simple. Sign up on our forums if you haven't already, then visit our home page and fill out the form in the Downloads section. Use the referral code disco-harlequin when signing up for the closed beta so we can tell where you got the signup link from. By signing up for the closed beta, you're also going to receive exclusive periodic news updates from the Broken Bonds development team straight to your email inbox.

Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you in the Pleiades soon!

RE: Broken Bonds - Sabru - 04-17-2014

(03-11-2014, 11:24 AM)Pancakes Wrote: Genuinely the first time I heard of this mod. The backstory seems awesome.

this.
As an Aussie i think im going to love this mod XD

all power to you. cant wait to (eventually) try it out