Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - chovynz - 06-13-2010

And this too.
http://the-starport.net/freelancer/forum/v...268&forum=9

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-07-2010

I updated the first post in the thread.

Broken Bonds - schlurbi - 12-08-2010

I'd love to see the whole Sector being much smaller than the Sirius Sector. You know it's not really cool to have 80 different Systems and 50 Players. I'd even reduce the Factions to 10, not 15. It's better to have less, than too much for a probably smaller Playerbase.

' Wrote:Rheinland is a play on Rhineland. I'm not sure of it's meaning. Seems to be a broad term describing an area in Germany around the two World Wars.
Rheinland is an actual Area along the french Border. Starting at the Borders at Switzerland and has the River Rhein. Rhineland is just the English Name. Old Map

Broken Bonds - SeaFalcon - 12-08-2010

' Wrote:Screenshots

Taken from Pieguy's post in this thread.

No, this isn't Texas...
Well, that star doesn't look like it could light a candle.
AAAAAAAUGH! MY EYES!

Kusari explores?

Looks/sounds cool
Good luck and have fun while building it!

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-08-2010

' Wrote:I'd love to see the whole Sector being much smaller than the Sirius Sector. You know it's not really cool to have 80 different Systems and 50 Players. I'd even reduce the Factions to 10, not 15. It's better to have less, than too much for a probably smaller Playerbase.
There's a map in the first post (that also makes a handy wallpaper on a 4:3 monitor) that shows the systems. We've got 22 systems, so even if we get 50 spread evenly, you'll still run into people. Not sure if we want to reduce the faction count, though. Those ones were the ones that stuck after throwing around lots of ideas. We'll give it some thought, though.

Broken Bonds - pieguy259 - 12-08-2010

' Wrote:Kusari explores?

Looks/sounds cool
Good luck and have fun while building it!

That's actually a light fighter that you'll be able to buy in the mod. Exciting!

But we need more modellers to make more ships.

Broken Bonds - pieguy259 - 12-16-2010

Heeeeeey there, sports fans! Time for a preview of one of the systems from Broken Bonds. So, presenting the New South Wales system!

[Image: nswmap.png]

The Colonial Government of New South Wales is the oldest and first to be formed upon the Australians'€™ arrival in southern Pleiades. Headquartered on Planet Sydney, it holds the strongest authority over the New South Wales system, and proudly boasts of its position as host of the Commonwealth Government (though Canberra Station is officially separate from New South Wales). It has a long-standing rivalry with the government of Victoria that has not yet erupted into civil war, though Albury Border Station sits ever-vigilant by the Victoria Jump Hole as a testament to how suspicious they still are.

And now, the sole planet and its moon: Sydney and Newcastle!

[Image: sydnew.png]

Planet Sydney
New South Wales Government Base
Terrain: Terrestrial
Can land: Yes

After parting ways from the Italians, the Australian colonists made landfall on Planet Sydney, a warm, comfortable world in the New South Wales system, to begin their new lives in the Pleiades sector. Sydney served as the capital of the new colony until the Second Exodus, when settlers left for the newly-discovered Victoria system and the colonists began to grow more independent. Today, Planet Sydney remains the most populous and prosperous world in Southern Cross, and its inhabitants take great pride in the fact that theirs is the oldest human settlement in the southern Pleiades.

Planet Newcastle
Terrain: Ocean
Can land: No

A moon of Sydney, Newcastle remained largely unexplored until a geological survey detected massive mineral deposits beneath the crust. The main civilisation is a massive conglomeration of mining platforms that grew together over the years and now resemble a small city. Other isolated platforms are dotted around the vast storm-tossed ocean covering Newcastle's surface, mining the valuable minerals that help fuel New South Wales'€™ economy. As Sydney Orbital Control is capable of handing Newcastle traffic as well, the New South Wales Government has not yet thought it economically feasible to install separate orbital control facilities at Newcastle.

Some other bases!

Canberra Station
Commonwealth Government/SCDF Base
Gravity: Complete
Docking: Yes

The impressive Canberra Station is the seat of the Commonwealth government that loosely binds the endlessly squabbling Southern Cross colonies together. Though the station is in the New South Wales system, Canberra has been placed under Commonwealth jurisdiction to at least somewhat pacify the other colonies who do not want to be '€œruled by New South Wales'€ '€“ though this has not stopped the colony from proudly calling it theirs.

Katoomba Research Station
Commonwealth Government/SCDF Base
Gravity: Complete

Katoomba was constructed to survey and research the curious gravitational anomaly in the Blaxland Ice Cloud. It is from the research conducted at Katoomba that many of Southern Cross'€™s advances in engine and transit technology arose, including the Jump Hole Stabilisation Ring that allows reliable, fast interstellar travel and the Engine Overchargers that slingshot Southern vessels across star systems faster than could ever have been possible before.

Thredbo Base
Bushrangers Base
Gravity: Partial

Thredbo, the hideout for New South Wales'€™ local Bushranger gang, is carved out of a large asteroid well-hidden in the vast Perisher Ice Cloud. Though numerous attempts have been made by the New South Wales Police to locate it, the ice cloud'€™s sheer size and sensor-scattering properties have rendered the task futile.
A small contingent of Aotearoans is stationed aboard with the Bushrangers'€™ grudging consent.

Some fields!

Blaxland Ice Cloud

A small pocket of ice crystals in the northeast of the New South Wales system, the Blaxland cloud would be entirely unremarkable were it not for the Wentworth-Lawson Gravitational Anomaly near the centre. The Commonwealth Government has established Katoomba Research Station to study its curious properties.

Macquarie Asteroid Field

This field has been the source of most of New South Wales' mineral wealth since arriving in the Pleiades, and still enjoys sizable production today. However, recent years have shown a startling and sudden drop in mining yields, which could spell the end of the field's glory days (though New South Wales politicians insist this is no more than a statistical aberration).

Taree Debris Field

This field of scrap metal and space junk is left over from construction in western New South Wales, particularly Wollongong and Canberra stations. Over time, tidal forces have pulled it and other debris into this area. Environmentalists in New South Wales Parliament have been making noise about cleaning it up for years, but their cries have gone all but unheeded.

Perisher Ice Cloud

This large, dense field of ice crystals in southern New South Wales is believed to be the source of the Blaxland cloud further north, which probably broke off and was pulled towards the Wentworth-Lawson Anomaly millions, if not billions of years ago. Its density has a sensor-masking effect, which prevents lawful ships from penetrating it too deeply. Bushrangers and Aotearoans are a common sight within the cloud's borders.

That's all for New South Wales - join the Broken Bonds community and be a part of our superduper modiooper! Which is totally a word!

Broken Bonds - Coin - 12-16-2010

Im liking this a whole lot.

comments:

1. the tradelanes. im thinking that if you turned them on their side, so you always entered the right or left hand lane, then it'd escape the 'bloody similar to ageira tech' comments. the trade lanes developed in pleiades could look -slightly- different. perhaps squarer? triangular? bigger so that large ships dont stick?

2. there's the order there too?
are nommies in the mod? is the vanilla order the same as the pleiades order?

3. is everything on the datum plane like vanilla, or is it more 3-d?

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-17-2010

' Wrote:Im liking this a whole lot.

comments:

1. the tradelanes. im thinking that if you turned them on their side, so you always entered the right or left hand lane, then it'd escape the 'bloody similar to ageira tech' comments. the trade lanes developed in pleiades could look -slightly- different. perhaps squarer? triangular? bigger so that large ships dont stick?
The trade lanes will be getting new models altogether, and will appear different depending on which of the houses you are in. They were developed independently of each other, so there will be clear visual differences in the technology. RPly speaking, they operate on different technological principles altogether.

' Wrote:2. there's the order there too?
are nommies in the mod? is the vanilla order the same as the pleiades order?
There's no nomads here. The Order in the Pleiades is an entirely different organization. It's full name is the Order of Sparticus, and they're dedicated to ending slavery in the Lucanian Empire. They also smuggle them to freedom in the Southern Cross Commonwealth. There's more information on them (along with the other factions) in the original post in this thread.

Yes, slavery is legal in Lucania. Huge institution, as a matter of fact.

' Wrote:3. is everything on the datum plane like vanilla, or is it more 3-d?
So far, we've been sticking pretty close to the plane, since that's what FL players are used to. That doesn't rule out the possibility of moving things around a bit later.

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 12-30-2010

Mkay... that is awesome. It is so god damn awesome, that I wet my pants while looking at the first post. And that was before I even read it. Once I had read it I was... well, no need to explain what happened then.

Anyway, sounds/looks great! And THANKS for the new trade lanes!
Since I didn't read the entire thread, I shall, even if it has been done before, ask, when is this gonna be done?! CUZ ME WANT IT!!!!11!!!ONEONE!!!11eleven!