Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - Chev - 02-28-2011

' Wrote:Incidentally, the sleeper ship model he used in that rendering is the same model we're using for it in game. It's a dockable location in one of the Frontier systems. Maybe we'll tell you more details about it in a future update. :)

Making it a dockable station is an nice idea. However, to make it more eye-candy, put some towers and other stuffs. I mean, make a conversion from Sleeper Ship to Sleeper Station (Sleeper Ship with station addons).

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-28-2011

We're using it as a diplomatic station for the two houses. It's neutral ground for the peacemakers of the two nations. The Invictus was chosen for that role because of its value as a symbol of cooperation and understanding. It's not a utilitarian structure, the form is important. It's just as much a monument as it is a space station. Keeping the original form maintains the old symbolism.

It's been completely remodeled inside, and given that it moved an entire civilization, there was no need to expand outward. There's plenty of room in the original hull.

Broken Bonds - Kuze - 02-28-2011

The map looks neat, but why those Alpha, Beta, etc names? IMO the stars in Pleiades have awesome names to use. Just my 2 cents.

Not all the stars are named, however. Only two of the Frontier systems are placed around named stars. Only one of those two systems has the star actually in it, either. Gamma is actually a small portion of an Oort cloud, rather than the whole system. The rest of the named ones are in house space.

What we can do, though, is name the stars themselves to their real-world counterparts wherever we used one. For example, the star in the Lazio system would be named Taygeta, or Merope for the star in the New South Wales system.

Thank you for the suggestion.:)

Broken Bonds - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 02-28-2011

Did I heard Lazio? :cool:

You did indeed! It's the heart of the Medicean Empire, where the Emperor twirls his mustache and plans his evil deeds. Or, it's where the Glorious Emperor presides over the greatest civilization in the history of the human race, and plans to bring enlightenment to everyone else.

Depends on your point of view. :P

Broken Bonds - Erasmas - 03-10-2011

Back for some more updates! Today we present you some teaser pictures of some of our ships.

Heavy Fighter

Transport

Supertransport

Supertransport refit

Research Ship

Explorer Ship

You can drool now... :cool:

Broken Bonds - schlurbi - 03-11-2011

Mass Effect Freighter? The others look really good though, can we see them textured too?

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 03-11-2011

Those look AWESOME! I<3Prowler!

Broken Bonds - Erasmas - 03-11-2011

' Wrote:Mass Effect Freighter? The others look really good though, can we see them textured too?

Not yet :crazy:

Teasers are meant to tease after all... :cool:

And yes I admit a visual influence from Mass Effect 2 for the supertransport, but only vaguely for the shape. Every model in the teasers is genuinely built by me, and as a general rule you will never see imports in Broken Bonds.