Discovery Gaming Community
Broken Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Broken Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=37767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Broken Bonds - Black.Pegasus - 03-11-2011

The ships are quite stunning, I'm sure they will look great ingame!

Supertransport is my favourite.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-11-2011

The mobile base variant of the supertransport will be used as a dockable base in at least one location, as well as being available for general player use. It'll be a good RP wagon for a company HQ, or a mobile city of sorts traveling from place to place, or anything else you can imagine. Really, the possibilities are endless.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-19-2011

Time for another update. Lately, I've been wading into the murky waters of ALE editing, tweaking visual effects, and whatnot. Today, I'm showing off a couple of the results of my labors.

First up is the Nuclear explosion for use on a torpedo. For this video, I've attached it to a missile, though since then, we've created a dedicated weapon for this, with a much larger projectile. This will be a bomber/cap weapon. After doing a little reading on the differences in behavior in nukes between atmosphere and space, I tried to replicate how it would look if you detonated a nuke in space. I didn't succeed exactly, but the effect is plenty impressive enough on it's own.

[Image: 42f26f-4.jpg]
The other one I'm showing off today is a prototype for the Medicean Dreadnought's main gun. The weapon currently has a range of 5k, and it gets to it's maximum range is a second. If this thing weren't boresighted on an absurdly large ship, it would be unfair. It probably still will be. In technical terms, there's nothing too fancy going on here, and I'll undoubtedly end up tweaking it some more when we have a proper ship for mounting it on. It still looks good enough to show off, though, so enjoy.

[Image: 423e08-4.jpg]
Well, folks, that's all I've got for you today. Keep checking back, and we'll have more for you as we get stuff done!

EDIT:
It occurs to me that I've accidentally previewed something else, too. In the first video, it looks like I'm firing the torp at a large ship. Actually, I'm firing at a smaller ship in front of the big one. The big one is the refit sleeper ship Invictus, and it's a dockable base. That's actually SolCommand's sleeper ship model converted for use in FL, and retextured a bit to make it slightly brighter and cleaner. We're not done with that yet, as there were some errors on SolCommand's model that we're still working hard to correct.

Broken Bonds - Jeremy Hunter - 03-19-2011

Ok, why do I have an inkling a story isa third party attacks Invictus, kills diplomats, then tells both sides the other gave the orders?

Otherwise, awesome!

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-19-2011

' Wrote:Ok, why do I have an inkling a story isa third party attacks Invictus, kills diplomats, then tells both sides the other gave the orders?
I'm not sure why you have that inkling. I doubt the story will take that turn, though. It's too predictable. :P

Broken Bonds - Erasmas - 03-19-2011

' Wrote:there were some errors on SolCommand's model

That is... an EPIC understatement...

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-22-2011

We have a page over at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-broken-bonds

All released info will be posted there, and major updates will be posted there and linked to on the Broken Bonds forums.

Broken Bonds - Toaster - 03-22-2011

Oh my god... the title picture with the sleepership looks like... [insert obscene phrase here]

Edit: In a good way.

Broken Bonds - DartStriker - 03-23-2011

Hey Morgan, do you guys have any textures worked out for the Roman Capships? I pulled out that old battleship I made for Broken bonds and was thinking about getting it finished. I just need some textures to put on it.

Broken Bonds - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-23-2011

We haven't got any at the capitol level. We have a bronze/red theme going on with the fighters, but I'm not sure that would look good on a classical roman themed cruiser or battleship.

[Image: 1.jpg]

That's an example of a Legion LF with a partially completed texture. We're still using the fighter you gave us as a civilian ship that used to be used by the Legion. We went with the new line since we only got the one fighter from you.

Anyway, as I was saying, that looks great on a fighter, but wouldn't work with the Classical Roman theme for the cap ships, and it's not supposed to. So, to answer your question.... no, we don't have a texture set for Medicean capitals.

On the subject of Medicean caps, do you still have the early version of the Dreadnought model with the Trireme-like front end? That would make a great base for a cruiser.