Discovery Gaming Community
Concept! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Concept! (/showthread.php?tid=4050)

Pages: 1 2

Concept! - Magoo! - 09-29-2007

Ello, guvs'. I'm slightly afraid to post here... Yeaah. Anyways! I had a rather interesting thought the other day and I figured I might as well post it. I guess I don't really have anything to lose... Other than my feelings... Right! Concept...

So I figured why not have a Highlander-based clan? I mean... If you look past the fact that Connor became mortal again, this could work. I'm talking about the Highlander movies here people... "There can be only one"... Yeah... That. Well, since he's immortal, i.e. ageless, he could have easily gotten here...

Anywho... I just thought it would be fun. I figured the members could just have *name* MacLeod... Assuming you look past the mortality in the end, his agelessness and death-by-decapitation only~ness, I suppose he could have gotten on a sleeper ship, floated, then got here to re-establish his clan.

Right now my mind is being really fuzzy, so I'm not getting my thoughts across as well as what they were before; but if I didn't post now, I'd forget.

I'm thinking Zoner tag/ID or something, since the Clan is just there to protect its plot of land in... Scotland? I guess... Obviously not Scotland but you get what I mean. Anyways, I'll edit this later once I get some sleep. Neutrality would be ideal, but we can't be too neutral in case say... Clan Fraser or something might decide to get frisky. That's assuming somebody had enough time on their hands to make a Clan Fraser.

Anyways... How many paragraphs have I started like that...? I'm not sure... Right... Well, I just thought this would be fun to do. I'm saving up for a Brett. Battleship, and I'm gonna make it 'Connor MacLeod' regardless of how badly this gets shot down. Any Highlander fan would understand my position. If you guys like this, I might start it up and make an official RP, tag, ID, etc.

Bye everyone! Thanks for reading a sleepless man's ramblings. Leave your support, and prefferably not flames, here! Good night, forums. Also, constructive ideas are always helpful. Like spell checks on MacLeod... That's what Wikipedia said, and I really don't wanna dig out the DVDs. Anyways, this makes sense more than any other "fan-freelancer-fiction" clans that have been thought of... Right... Well, good night again!

P.S. Who wants to be Connery's great-great-great-great cryogenecally frozen then un-frozen grandson?
-Edit- I also want to be Brettonianly affiliated... But I don't see how that's quite possible. At all. Whatsoever. It'd just be nice.

Concept! - Dopamino - 09-29-2007

why?
its like having a star wars clan or a star trek clan or a battlestar gallactica ...
:shok:
ok, maybe.

Only it makes more sense... You can't bring a Galaxy from far far away... Or a frontier of some sort... Or bad acting and lighting... It was just a thought... When I couldn't sleep actually... *cough*

You can however bring an ageless man here... Who is from Earth... Its the difference between introducing something completely new and rediculous that wouldn't fit in; and something that makes sense that wouldn't change everything dramatically.

Concept! - uspatriotsf - 09-29-2007

I dont know, Im not a huge fan of bringing other fictional stories and trying to meld them with FL, but hey if you can make it work than more power to you.

Concept! - Tortured_Soul - 09-29-2007

The Immortals couldn't breed. I suppose you could make a single character based around the Connor MacLeod, but I don't think it'd be a great clan idea.

Also, (I don't know if you're from Scotland or not, but I am so right now I'm in the best position to say this) the voice that was used was AWFUl. As one of the my mates put it,

"So where are you supposed ot be from? That place just outside Bordeux!?"

Concept! - Gamazson - 09-29-2007

As much as I like those movies all i have to say is that Highlanders are about as likely to work as Vampires. And we had that discussion already.

Oookay... So fail. Oh well, like I said... Just an idea.

What about a squad based around the pilots of Stealth? They already have the plane.:PThat... That was a joke.

Concept! - Lohingren - 09-30-2007

*cough* yep ok to do a one man thing but a clan nah wont work and yeh scot accent in it was well how can i put it.....GOD AWFUL. but hey what can i say no american/australian/new zelander (or wherever the man was from i know its one of em 3) can do a good scot accent.

take mel gibson for example pretty dang bad if you ask me good attempt but no cookie for you my son.

but hell who am i to judge not my fault i was born with it lol but hey as i said do the one man show thing if you think you can rp a highlander just expect me to shoot you down if i see you doing it wrong lol

Concept! - uspatriotsf - 09-30-2007

Ahhck I do gddreat scootish ackcent! Im Amedican.

Concept! - bluntpencil2001 - 09-30-2007

If they're from Scotland, maybe basing on a Bretonian or Gaian base might be smart...

Considering that we have Glasgow Outpost, Edinburgh System, Islay Base, Planet Harris etc...