Discovery Gaming Community
Red Hessian Reporting Facility - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Red Hessian Reporting Facility (/showthread.php?tid=4067)

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-04-2008

Message to: RHA & Ghosts
Comm ID: Fleet Kapitan Conrad Egon

Whilst busy fighting the bounty hunters' guild in Alpha today, I received word over system comms of two CR vessels entering the system via the Tau-37 jump hole. While en route, I asked them about their intentions; they were silent. Thus, I joined our allies in the RoS and 202nd in engaging the two IMG gunboats. All told, there were several fighter-class vessels opposing them, in addition to myself (in command of our flagship) and an Outcast Destroyer.

The IMG ships couldn't stand up to such firepower; and they fled to -37 before we could destroy them. I joined our allies in pursuit, and we chased them all the way across to the Tau-23 jump hole. There I broke off pursuit to return to Alpha, to continue the re-arming of the flagship. Numerous other Outcast fighters and bombers continued, chasing them all the way to their home in Tau-44. Not long after returning, an independent Corsair in a Titan, calling himself "Saky_666". He soon fled once he saw what he was up against.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-05-2008

Comm ID: Fleet Kapitan Conrad Egon

What a battle today! Yet again, the crew of our flagship gains valuable combat experience as a result of my choice for us to remain in Alpha whilst we refit, so that we will have direct and immediate access to new weapons as funds allow. It is a useful proving ground both for our crews, and for our tactics. I have never before captained a cruiser, and truth be told, I need the experience as much as any of my men.

I had sold one of the gun turrets so that we could afford an Inferno; so Der Gotte Krieger (still under her old name, as you can see) was short a gun. Nonetheless, the Outcasts have helped us to defend Vogtland as if it was their home; my crew and I could do no less. I do not know the exact force composition, but here is how it stacked up, according to my (admittedly faulty) memory:

Ours:

1x Outcast Dreadnought - Almeros of the 101st
1x Red Hessian Cruiser - our flagship
1x Outcast Destroyer - Arturos Herrera, independent Outcast
1x Lane Hacker Gunship - [RoS] Crunchy (I think)
1x Falcata Bomber
3x Sabre VHF

Theirs:

1x Corsair Cruiser (arrived late)
2x Corsair Gunboat
3x Praetorian Bombers
3x Titan VHFs

I am especially unsure about the Corsairs' fighter/bomber mixing, but that is my best reckoning. At any rate, our forces engaged all at once. I think a Corsair said something about engaging, but other than that, no words were needed. We knew what was to be done. I picked out a gunboat that seemed to be trying to cruise onward to Malta; I disrupted him and attacked. A short, but glorious fight; the rusted lunchbox stood no chance against our cruiser's firepower.

[Image: Death-Botman.png]

I ordered our gunners to then seek out the other gunboat, but it was nowhere to be found; our allies had already destroyed it. There were calls to target a particular one of their bombers, so that is what we did. The pilot was skillful, and not many salvoes landed on-target. Shortly after that, Almeros was forced to retreat due to heavy damage. That was when things truly began to get interesting.

The Corsair bombers started concentrating their fire on my ship. I ducked and weaved as well as I could, trying to give our fighters time to take out their bombers; but in the end, I was out of nanobots and shield batteries, and forced to retreat with only 15% of my hull strength remaining. A lone Titan pursued me futilely, trying to destroy my ship before she could moor. But by the time we reached Malta's mooring fixture, my shields were back at full, and there was no way his Titan could harm us in time.

Of course, the Corsairs tried to taunt me into coming back to fight them, saying that I was a coward for fleeing. I wonder if they value human life so little? As for me, I am thinking not only of my own family, but of my crew and their families. It is my responsibility to safeguard their lives as best I can, and only a fool responds to such bait as these Corsairs offered. While the Outcast engineers began work on repairing my ship, I kept the comm systems active to help direct reinforcements to the scene of the battle. The Corsairs helped even the odds for us, oddly enough.

[Image: Death-Fratricide-Collision.png]

In the end, we won. It was a long and hard-fought battle, but the Corsairs were at last driven from Alpha. 101st, 202nd, Reapers of Sirius: well done.

Fortunately, the damage was only to the ship's hull and CM dropper, and so repairs are time-consuming but relatively cheap and simple. The refitting continued apace, and tomorrow a new name will be chosen.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-11-2008

Message to: ALL RHA
Comm ID: Fleet Kapitan Egon

I have been patient; things come up that we do not expect.

I have been understanding; the loss of Kapitan Moritz hit us all hard.

However...

I have had enough.

Dammit to hell, where are all the Hessians?! It has been 21 days...21 days!...since anyone other than myself posted a combat entry in our message dump. And if I don't count Nantz's entry, the number is even worse. 50 days. That is not sad, that is not regrettable. That is pathetic. Perhaps I've been too easy on everyone...that comes to an end NOW. I will see some thrice-damned activity from you people, or the lot of you are going to find your sorry selves demoted faster than you can say "Yer momma was a Corsair!"

Do I make myself clear, people? I'm hauling the flagship down from Alpha back to Dresden to personally supervise activities, interrupting the much-needed refit she needs. I thought we all had a common purpose. I dare you, I dare you all, to prove that we STILL have a common purpose. Prove that the Hessian cause, which our ancestors-in-spirit have died for over the past 116 years, still lives.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - Varyag - 01-11-2008

If this is just for RHA, this will be my only com traffic. Let me know if you don't want me on this freq.

The Varyag has still been mounting successfull patrols on a near daily basis. My crew, working out of vogtland has cleared sig13 of corsair scum several times in the past few days, yesterday working with a lib corps fighters, we showed the lib fighters out peacefully afterwards as well, and has succefully engaged draumann forces near new berlin //sorry just npcs no real opposing force lately//. Please let me know if you need our assistance for an assult you are planning in the future.

I have establish a private link to your headquarters for secure correspondence if that is nessesary.//pm me

Commander, RH Cruiser Varyag

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - Jwnantze - 01-12-2008

COMM Id: OberLuitenant Nantz
SUbject: Today's activities.

Today was a very productive day. I took my bomber from Theta where it was based to attack corsairs and did an exploring mission, finding serveral rare weapons in the proscess. The cruiser Verheerer Showed up and together we entered the uncharted area known as omega-58 in search of some lost bretheren of ours reported to have gone missing. We encountered serveral fighters that apeared to be nomad infested, flying the familiar Wrath, but we also found these strange ships, only id we could find on them was scorpian. These strange ships were smaller than our Gunboats, but were nearly impervious to my bomber's and the cruiser's firepower. In this battle, the cruiser was overcome, and I quickly tractored the crew and ran. I found our missing comrades but was to late to save them. On my way back to base in Theta I ran across a corsair flying a titan class ship. Obviously poorly armored and poorly trained, I downed him quickly with just the guns I had mounted. Here is the shot from the gun camara:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/JW...screen192-1.jpg

Transmission over.....

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-12-2008

It is good to be home, to see my friends and family once again. The journey was uneventful; passed a few surprisingly friendly CR and BSG in the Taus, watched a trade convoy flee in terror as if I was actually going to attack them, and passed an independent Corsair in Omega-5. While en route, I was able to have a conversation with our newest Rekrut, Matt Black. In spite of not being a Rheinlander, he seems to have his diamonds in their slots, so to speak.

His dedication is not lacking, that much I can vouch for. While doing missions together, we were waylaid by a Military-tagged Bounty Hunter capital ship...it was either an extremely well-equipped destroyer, or a battlecruiser. I think it was a destroyer, but I had no time to find out. By the time the undocking sequence was complete, the vessel - called AEGIS - was merely 4k from Vogtland.

Matt and I engaged him immediately. We did well, but our flagship's poor armor and outdated weapons showed. Had the Sternenfaust been properly equipped, it would not have been a terribly difficult battle. But instead, as damage reports began pouring in from all decks and the smell of smoke filled the bridge, I was forced to order a hasty retreat to Omega-54. Not content to allow his prey to retreat, AEGIS pursued us all the way to our guard base.

Presently, Sternenfaust is docked for repairs. I expect her to be ready for action again in a day or so.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-15-2008

Message to: RHA

Due to his consistent dedication to our cause - including acquiring (alone) a friendly donation of weapons and goods for Vogtland from a passing Junker - Rekrut Matt Black is hereby promoted to Leutnant, with all the benefits and responsibilities that come with the rank. I'll let him fill you in on the details of said Junker, so he can receive special treatment for his kindness; for now, Leutnant Black, enjoy a night of revelry in Vogtland's bar. Not too much, though, because I want you back on patrol with everybody else tomorrow.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - Varyag - 01-16-2008

I went on a extended patrol a few days ago to harrass our Brit enemies and while cutting across Texas to the Cali jump I was intercepted by an SA pilot. He was flying a Raven's Claw and was no threat. He attacked me at once doing nothing to my ship. I held my fire and explained I currently had no fight with him. He continued to engage and I proceeded to ignore him, Untill he called in a SA cruiser. The cruiser fired on the Varyag at once scoreing a few hits with it's forward gun. I must give credit to my gun crews. They made short work of his shields and hull. Just as his hull was buckleing from the salvos I ordered my crew to cease fire and I gave the Ship the option to leave with her crew alive. They ignored my mercy, rammed our fine ship and lined up her forward gun. It is the policy of this ship and it's captain to use disgression in killing all but our hated enemies, but I was forced to fire and take out the vessel. At this point the original SA Raven's Claw continued his attack, this time joined by a Xeno in a Eagle. Scanning the Eagle I found many navy officers and civilians in his hold and questioned the partnership. They continued to fight and my patience grew thin. My gunners vaporized the Xeno Eagle instantly and the SA Claw broke and ran. With tensions building between Rein and Lib I do not want to burn bridges with Liberty but this attack made it hard not to. What is RHA's stance with showing mercy to Lib Corps and Military forces?

To my next point, ICO. They are a independent security force that seems to have been driven from Liberty and are spreading to our space. I caught ICO Havoc in Dresden but he left before I was able to engage. They seem properly equiped. I have come across them a few times and this is my info on them so far. The Brits will have to wait for now.

Havoc: BH Destroyer with Corsair turrets and 4 cruiser battle razors
Bahamut: BH Battlecruiser, mostly Cerbs and zoner turrets.
The others are flying liberty light fighters.

On a side note, the Liberty Rouges treated my ship and crew well and gave us pemission to dock at one of their bases to restock and rearm. We sustain minimal damage in the fight and where able to get back underway to return to Vogltand without further issue.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - LancerZero - 01-16-2008

Message to: Cruiser Varyag

You did exactly as I would have done: gave them ample time to disengage, as well as a second chance before finishing them off. I don't understand why they insisted so heavily on attacking you...we don't pirate in their space, and I'm sure you were just passing through. One would think that, given the rising tensions, Liberty forces would be somewhat more tolerant of the enemies of their potential enemies.

However, to be more specific: the RHA has no policy towards Liberty forces, because we never meet them. We never enter Liberty for any reason; the closest we'll come is Bering or Hudson. So, as an independent Hessian, it is up to you to create your own policy on the matter, as it seems you have done. And it seems to me a good one; a pity the lawful forces never seem to extend the same mercies to us.

And thank you for the information regarding the ICO's capital ships. We will keep an eye out for them and, if need be, will launch our Thor wing to take care of them.

Red Hessian Reporting Facility - Varyag - 01-18-2008

After killing a gunboat while on patrol in New Berlin I recieved a report of a British Bomber taxing traders with a military ID in Sig 13. I moved to the jumphole to investigate and immediately encountered the bomber. Since the Britonia Military is one of our hated enemies I engaged. We traded shots and I was destroying the bomber when I was confronted by our Allies the Nova in a gunboat. He asked that I stopped fireing and I did while I explained the situation to him. Durring this lull in my fire the bomber scored a few hits with it's supernova. I could not ignore this amount of firepower so I proceeded to reengage the bomber. To my and the rest of my crew's suprise the gunboat opened fire on us. I gave one warning, it was not heeded, so my crews concentrated all fire on the gunboat till it's shields failed and We where working on her hull. I again held my fire and gave the Gunboat the oppertunity to run which it took. I again fired on the bomber till it was literally one shot from death. It escaped, and I was unable to pursue because of the Varyag's 10 mile turn radius. Shortly after I was attacked by a super heavy fighter which may or may not have been connected, it was dispatched with ease.

I talked to the Nova pilot about the fight and he said he was only trying to keep me from killing the bomber, this may be true but if given the chance the bomber would have destroyed my ship without mercy. If it were not for his tone I would have hunted him for this treason. At this moment I have no intention of pursuing.

To my point. The Varyag is an equal oppertunity killer. The Britonian Military is our enemy and I have treated them as such, but the universe is changing. Are we going to put our differences aside for this building conflict, and hold our fire for the sake of our allies, or are we still on our old ground. I will cease operations against the British if RHA endorces it, but, even if you do they will need to stay away from the Varyag, this commander cannot trust them.

As for the Nova, I hope this does not set a president for attacking us at whim. If they are willing to take on the Varyag, what would they do for a smaller ship. I will be keeping my eye open for them, but will continue my support if the Varyag is needed for a operation against our Corsair enemies.