Discovery Gaming Community
A new faction RP story - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: A new faction RP story (/showthread.php?tid=4293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

A new faction RP story - Nightblade - 10-22-2007

Formally also known as the Ghosts of Hiigara. Ive changed the name obvisily and ive also changed the faction we represent to the LWB, from the Red Hessians, as the RHA have claimed them already. Ive also made the LWB RP story as much freelancer related as i could.. -.- .. so im hopeing not to get flammed as badly this time round, lemme know what your thoughts are everyone, thanks in advanced.

Ive got a ship restriction in place and i have to re-do my Diplomacy list as we changed NPC factions, i also plan on adding weapon restrictions as well, thats on my To do list ATM

We were once a humble group of farmers, glad to till our fields and supply New Berlin with its supply of food, keeping a little for ourselves. It was a simple life then, but these are hard times now. The simple farm tool has been replaced by a blaster and various other weapons of war. Instead of sitting in tractors, they now sit in cockpits of fighters wondering if this mission will be their last. What happened to lead us to these troublesome times? Depending on who you ask, also decides the answer youll get. The truth is our side of the story, which is the one only we know. As the Rheinland Military completely denies our existance and we are snubbed out by the Synth Foods. We are thus waging a war to regain our farm lands before the Synth Foods destroy all of what we hold dear.

Near the end of the 80 year war, Rheinland government borrowed a rather large sum of money from the Liberty government. That had no way of repaying this debt and turned to a rather harsh action to get out of their debt problems. About to default on their loans to the Libery government, they were forced to give Liberty something. That was our land. The Rheinland Government turned a blind eye to the Synth foods buying up all our land and using it for their own benifit. We were broke and desolate and Synth just didnt care, all they wanted was more and more land. To ruin our land and planets by Terraforming it. They forced us to purchase their seeds and their fertalizer, all the while paying verturally nothing for our crops. They were breaking our backs and the Rheinland Military was allowing it, for it solved their problems. It was then, when our petitions to the government went ignored, that we decided to take matters into our own hands. We contacted the Red Hessians for support of our cause and constructed a base in Stuttgart and called ourselves the Landwirtrechtbewegung.

Me and my four neighboors were the first to take action against the Synth foods. We paid a trader to take us to Vogtland base to talk to the Red Hessians and try to get them to aid our cause. They were delighted to help us because it was one more way for them to strike back at the Rheinland Military. They provided us with weaponry and ships and trained us how to use them. We were basic farm hands being trained to use ships of war. It was slow at first be we learned, we began to understand the basics of combat and battle tactics. As we became more advanced in combat, the more technologies that the Red Hessians allowed us to use. We grew in skill and numbers, as more and more farmers were loosing their lively hoods to a Corperation only concerned with money.

As we became stronger, the threat to the Synth Foods grew as well. The Rheinland Military was forced to aid the Synth Foods defend their operations. With the introduction of the RM into the equation now, we started looking for other allies who could loan us their technology or ships. When they stationed a Battleship in the area, we knew we had to do something. We rallied as many fighters as possible and we had a few bombers that we used in an all out assault against the Battleship. We took it down without too many looses and the remaining Military forces scattered to the wind.

We are assulting Synth Foods almost daily, but their influence over Stuttgrat has grown from 60% at the start of the war, to its current state of 90%. So in secret we sent all of our best pilots to be trained in at the Outcasts homeworld. They were trained in Stealth combat and became very good at Gorilla raids. They had the uncanny ability to show up from nowhere, destroy everything within sight, then dissappear again. They eventually formed an official army of the Landwirtrechtbewegung known as the Ghost of Rheinland. In exchange for letting the Red Hessians use our base as a stageing point against the Rheinland Military, they allow us to use their bases as well. We are hitting Synch foods hard, and the Rheinland Military even harder for turning a blind eye and forgetting about us. We will make the see us, we will make the remember us. In the end, they will know who we are, and they WILL be afraid.

A new faction RP story - bluntpencil2001 - 10-22-2007

Looks good, but I think a Dreadnought is a bit much, personally, since LWB aren't in a full-scale war with the RM. They mostly avoid the military and hit the synthpaste shippers. You can't hit Synth Foods transports in a dreadnought.

Very nice though.:)

hehe ya i agree, but then again its outta commission, so really only if we get into a BIG war

but thx

Do i get a vote for us being a faction? ^.^

A new faction RP story - Exile - 10-22-2007

Half the server is yelling :

Too many factions!
And yet people make them:dry:
Please mate, just join an existing one!

' Wrote:Half the server is yelling :

Too many factions!
And yet people make them:dry:
Please mate, just join an existing one!

Aye, ive heard that, and ive been in a few factions to be honest, my latest being NovaPG, but with the thing where Intox got mad and kicked lots of ppl out (3 of them being my current faction members and friends) we decided to make our own, we currently have 5 players, Id really like to see this faction as an official one if the community wouldnt mind :-D

' Wrote:Looks good, but I think a Dreadnought is a bit much, personally, since LWB aren't in a full-scale war with the RM. They mostly avoid the military and hit the synthpaste shippers. You can't hit Synth Foods transports in a dreadnought.

Very nice though.:)

Ok bud, changed it around a bit to say we hired the dread instead of 'buying' one ^.^

A new faction RP story - Exile - 10-22-2007

And where are the LWB going to get the money to "hire" a dreadnought from ?:dry:

Sorry mate, but i think you wont see any LWB with a ship bigger then the hessian/pirate cruiser. Its just not RP correct.

A new faction RP story - Ion - 10-22-2007

you don't need anything larger then a gunboat to kick the teeth out of any traders or military that come your way.

good luck... i have seen a few of you ingame. if it doesnt work out, join the RHA. they need the numbers

' Wrote:And where are the LWB going to get the money to "hire" a dreadnought from ?:dry:

Sorry mate, but i think you wont see any LWB with a ship bigger then the hessian/pirate cruiser. Its just not RP correct.
Ah ok then, your right when ya actually sit down and thing about it, it was real early when i typed this up so i wasnt usin my thinkin cap. thx for the advice

Quote:you don't need anything larger then a gunboat to kick the teeth out of any traders or military that come your way.

good luck... i have seen a few of you ingame. if it doesnt work out, join the RHA. they need the numbers

ok thx, i hope everything does go ok

A new faction RP story - bluntpencil2001 - 10-22-2007

To be honest, I'd remove any mention of the Dreadnought.

Currently, its place in your backstory marks you as a big, fat target for RM. If you leave that bit out, they might not consider you as worth the effort as you hit their trade.

Also, 'Ghosts of Stuttgart' will sound less generic than 'Ghosts of Rheinland'.