Discovery Gaming Community
Next version of mod - 4.74 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Next version of mod - 4.74 (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Igiss - 07-05-2005

Features that (may) be included in the next version, dependent on whether I'll be able to add them or not:

- New flyable ships: Nomad ships, Luxury Liner, Osiris, Prison Liner, Train, Large Train, Rheinland battleship, Kusari battleship.
- Cruisers and destroyers will have unefficient thrusters (+10-15% speed only).
- Battleship normal speed will be increased to 90 or 100 (no thruster).
- Cruisers and battleships maneuverability will be slightly decreased.
- New commodities - maybe not this time, but in future versions.
- Price of Starflier increased to 20000, this means +10000 when buying a new ship.
- Fixed infocards for capital ships
- (maybe) Missions with battleships

- Server rules.

Next version of mod - 4.74 - xit - 07-05-2005

Sounds good. I just hope you don't mess with the current commodities and where they are. They are fine just as it is. :)

Next version of mod - 4.74 - PotatoSamurai - 07-06-2005

I'd love some new commodities. Perhaps Nomad Essence? It'd be a better drop than the Niobium I usually get from them, lol.

I agree with decreasing the maneuverability of cruisers and battleships, but keep the thrusters reasonable on the destroyers. You'd want them to be faster than the heavier ships.

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Circadian_Lupine - 07-07-2005

To the mods: i read in a previous post that you weren't planning on changing the icons for the capitol ships or possible new commodities. If you want to specify a size and format i could try my hand at creating some. Not sure how often i'll be checking these forums so email me if you want me to give it a shot <tiphreaker@yahoo.com>

Next version of mod - 4.74 - daedalus - 07-08-2005

How about increasing the cruise speed of light fighters to 400 or 500? Or thrust speed? Other than the agility there's little reason to fly a light fighter at higher levels. This would provide another reason.

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Denier-of-Soup - 07-09-2005

Battleships are the ones that need faster cruise speeds. That huge reactor and engine at the back must go at a faster speed than 300m/s, right? =/

By the way, when is version 4.74 coming out?

Next version of mod - 4.74 - daedalus - 07-09-2005

Denier,
I think a large engine is needed because of the ship size. Igiss is suggesting that normal speed for battleships (all capital ships) might be increased, that sounds OK. Maybe increase cruise speed as well for cap ships then and thruster speed for light fighters? It would only be a small change, most other ships would travel at "normal" speeds.

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Wrath - 07-09-2005

Hopefully you are going to fix the large transport so it can dock on planters, and the Bretonia battleship tractor beam.

I've seen the large transport dock on planets fine, but I think they turned the atmospheric damage radius down a bit. Or if you turned that off, perhaps the rhineland ships would work fine?

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Igiss - 07-09-2005

A few more things for the next version.

- Nomad weapons more difficult to get;
- Capship weapons power will be slightly decreased to make them less lethal to smaller ships, but hitpoints of some of them (NPC) will be increased.
- Add mooring fixtures to Malta and Crete (they've got none I remember)

Turning off atmosphere damage will make things a bit unrealistic, but if there will be no other choice...

Cruise speed is a constant. I cannot increase it for some specific ships.

You cannot dock to docking ring, you need to dock to mooring fixture, it works all right as far as I'm concerned.

Release date - probably next weekend.

Next version of mod - 4.74 - Denier-of-Soup - 07-09-2005

Other mods have unlocked the Rheinland and Kusari battleships without turning off atmospheric damage. There must be some other way around it. You can ask the Evolutions mod developers, I'm sure they'd be glad to help you out.

http://pathfinderstudios.com