Discovery Gaming Community
"Civil War" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: "Civil War" (/showthread.php?tid=47030)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

"Civil War" - Wolfspirit - 09-16-2010

Greeting!

If someone follow the events he see that we are at the beginning of a possible civil war in Rheinland between WRF and RFP (+indy military, and we dont know actually about official RM, but whatever). 1st I let to know it to admins before a report wave starting - not sure the civil war will happen but better prepare for it how maybe same IDed players will shoot each other.... I saw only one inner war, HAF-OPG and that was very nasty, I personally wanna avoid that style. So my question: any rule about civil wars? Guess Admins learned the noted event and maybe made stepps for future inner wars happens in "civilized" form.

"Civil War" - Sly - 09-16-2010

It's nice to have a piece of chaos. I'm already tired of that smooth style of RP. It got really boring. Why, the obstacle we have to face is developed storyline. We can change it only after 4.86 release, that is, I'm afraid, the main problem we can face.

Next step would be settling rules coverage for such actions because it's not everyday you see allies shooting themselves with anger. That would be a first step to Rheinland revolution.

So forth on, unhappy people decide to rise a revolution against the Republic of Rheinland; people who can shoot and have guns try to hunt down the remains of Reinwehr. Liberty ain't gonna miss its chance, they send a major fleet into Rheinland to ensure everything's going by plan.

That was a quick sketch of consequent scenario.

"Civil War" - DarthCloakedGuy - 09-16-2010

Since you're going against the Kanzler, you'll be needing Freelancer IDs, since you're not Rheinland Military anymore.

"Civil War" - Schatten Research Facility - 09-16-2010

Just so you know, the WRF "embargo" constitutes as cargo piracy since you're demanding goods that aren't contraband.

Also, see TCG vs Order| circa several weeks ago - as long as all parties are informed and consenting, the Admins let it go

"Civil War" - Moreton - 09-16-2010

' Wrote:Since you're going against the Kanzler, you'll be needing Freelancer IDs, since you're not Rheinland Military anymore.

when Civil war nearly broke out the Order| and TCG|, nether had to change any of their equipment (I think TCG| caps changed to Zoner and Basic weapons though). I think most, if not all of the TCG| still use Order IDs and equipment, even though they've been FR5ed.

If this escalates I expect it to be very smiler, if not, the same.

"Civil War" - Kubotan - 09-16-2010

I suggest we let the Admins give their inputs here.

Secondly, Hekatoncheir - as long as the [RM] Official Faction is not against the actions of the WRF, they will not be FR5'ed by the Rheinland House.

The RFP cannot FR5 the WRF from the Rheinland House, only the respective Official Faction Military has that authority. At least that is the way Liberty works.

"Civil War" - Backo - 09-16-2010

That'll be quite the chaos... Considering 1/2 of [RM] shares RFP's side but is still ordered to stay out of the conflict. Stuttgart will get even uglier.

"Civil War" - Tomtomrawr - 09-16-2010

This civil war will not go anywhere until the RMHC state their opinion on the situation, and who they will be supporting. Because whichever side has the [RM] on their side will win.

The problem with this is the activity gap. The WRF has three members online at the same time once a day at the least. We had three members on at the same time for the first time in about a month today. So if this happens the fights are not going to be accurately proportioned.

The RFP is the entire Polizei. So with all of those Banshee NPCs all around Rheinland and Phantom NPCs in Halle. So we'd have a pretty large force brought to bare, even if they're Banshees and Phantoms and if we don't have many to spare fighting the WRF.

We can't restrict you from landing on planets and other police stations. Can't have Police NPCs attack when they see you. Really, we can't do anything except bring two or three people online at the same time to try and actually RP a civil war.

But this is where the [RM] comes in. Because if they support the WRF then the RFP is utterly screwed InRP. The troublemakers in the RFP would be executed or something and everybody else would get back to work. Or the entire police would be demolished and Rheinland could have a Military Dictatorship.

However if they support the RFP then the WRF are screwed. Because the RM could restrict WRF docking rights with FR5s, and have a decent player base available to hunt them whenever they came online.

So it's a one-sided civil war. Whichever side the [RM] decides to support is the one that will win. So InRP would it make more sense to support the Polizei than a small section of the Rheinwehr which has started this mess without actually asking for authorization. Because if the WRF want to do something they just do it, then ask for permission after it's too late to turn back.

InRP supporting the Polizei would make sense. But OORP, I believe it is leaning toward the [RM] supporting the WRF. So I will try and reflect this by having the Rheinland Federal Police NPC faction be removed, as of course the Rheinwehr could no longer trust them to follow the path they want after this incident.

"Civil War" - AeternusDoleo - 09-17-2010

If that happens I'm half expecting a large number of these RFP players to switch over to either RHA or, preferably, Bundschuh. Bundschuh is description wise the faction who'd argue most against a military dictatorship... And would probably welcome ex-cops who said no to military harassing civilians. RHA might welcome em... but might mistrust em. This way it allows for continuous RP.

Either way this will distract the military a little from it's current war, if they need to start police duties as well.

"Civil War" - Wolfspirit - 09-17-2010

' Wrote:Since you're going against the Kanzler, you'll be needing Freelancer IDs, since you're not Rheinland Military anymore.
Better if those write here who know what is going on:). And sure I await Admin Team's oppinion, but of course I enjoy the players too.