Discovery Gaming Community
'Wireframe' ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 'Wireframe' ships (/showthread.php?tid=48194)

Pages: 1 2 3

'Wireframe' ships - minuit - 10-09-2010

Since nowadays I have way too much time on my hands and I'm somewhat an artistic person, I decided to try this out and see how it worked. What I was aiming for was a sort of 'under the hood' view showing the internal parts of the ship, but that kind of got lost in more of a 'technical schematic' view. At any rate, any feedback is appreciated, just don't troll me too bad.

Avenger
By far my favorite of my wireframe series, this is also the first one I did.

Upholder
I don't know what to think of this one. I think it's just a little plain but I'm proud of the SNAC inset.

Liberator(Unfinished)
I'm not done with this one, but I like how it looks so far. I've been on Disco more this past week (combined with me getting killed less) so I haven't done much to it recently.

Bastet
This one is a request made by Crackpunch. I like it overall so I'm posting it here.

Eagle
This was requested by Sand_Spider. I'm a fan of the colors, which came out significantly nicer than I expected.

Depending on the phase of the moon and my mood on any given day, I may do requests if enough people like 'em.

'Wireframe' ships - Crackpunch - 10-09-2010

You got skillz.

You should do a couple Order ships as they look fairly nice.
Particularly the Bastet and Resheph.

'Wireframe' ships - Sand_Spider - 10-09-2010

Do want an Eagle wireframe.:nyam:

Pretty interesting side project 'ye got goin' there, could be a nice sig piece, or perhaps even something to put on a faction's "allowed ships" page and showcase each ship as a wireframe, even have them pay you to do specific ones.

Though, that's just an idea. If you just wanna do 'em for fun, that's fine too, they're awesome regardless.:laugh:

'Wireframe' ships - sean24 - 10-09-2010

Wow nice work. I really enjoy looking at wireframes. As you said they look more 'technical'.

I'm not quite sure how you did these but they look great:)

You could also try wireframe renders in a 3d modeler those also look nice. I'd show a pic but I can't find any on my computer O_o

' Wrote:You got skillz.

You should do a couple Order ships as they look fairly nice.
Particularly the Bastet and Resheph.
Thank you. What color would you like them to be in?

' Wrote:Do want an Eagle wireframe.:nyam:

Pretty interesting side project 'ye got goin' there, could be a nice sig piece, or perhaps even something to put on a faction's "allowed ships" page and showcase each ship as a wireframe, even have them pay you to do specific ones.

Though, that's just an idea. If you just wanna do 'em for fun, that's fine too, they're awesome regardless.:laugh:
I've thought about sending them to the Wiki guys and using them as an alternate picture. While I'm at it, I might also write some reviews, as anyone who's met me ingame knows my relationship with the Guardian.
What color do you want that Eagle in?

'Wireframe' ships - Crackpunch - 10-09-2010

' Wrote:Thank you. What color would you like them to be in?

A yellow like the standard Order skin.

What program did you make these in?

' Wrote:A yellow like the standard Order skin.

What program did you make these in?
Gotcha.
Adobe Photoshop CS4.

'Wireframe' ships - minuit - 10-10-2010

Updated first post with a link to the Bastet.

'Wireframe' ships - Crackpunch - 10-10-2010

Bastet looks great, sig worthy in fact.

'Wireframe' ships - Gareikn - 10-10-2010

While I can't think of an actual use for any such things I must say they look awesome.