Discovery Gaming Community
Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery (/showthread.php?tid=493)

Pages: 1 2

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Vtec - 12-31-2005

Wen i play Freelancer and follow the story you now that reinland use Cloaking devices from nomad technology.

Maybe it is an idea for new version that all players can buy an cloaking device with an high price on it so its not easy to get it.

i now thats unfair for players that cant buy it.
So maybe its posible to all so create an cloaking detection device so you can follow an player that has cloaking but not target it 100%

I dont know how difficult it is to program such thing but its an idea

:)

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Firebird - 12-31-2005

Vtec,Dec 31 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:Wen i play Freelancer and follow the story you now that reinland use Cloaking devices from nomad technology.

Maybe it is an idea for new version that all players can buy an cloaking device with an high price on it so its not easy to get it.

i now thats unfair for players that cant buy it.
So maybe its posible to all so create an cloaking detection device so you can follow an player that has cloaking but not target it 100%

I dont know how difficult it is to program such thing but its an idea

:)
[snapback]9093[/snapback]

I would suggest that while cloaked weapons are disabled (of course). And random firing by an attacking may be able to disable it (sort of like the cruise distruptor, if a cloaked vessel gets hit, cloak becomes disabled for 10 seconds) Again, not sure how doable.

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Vtec - 12-31-2005

Firebird,Dec 31 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:I would suggest that while cloaked weapons are disabled (of course).  And random firing by an attacking may be able to disable it (sort of like the cruise distruptor, if a cloaked vessel gets hit, cloak becomes disabled for 10 seconds)  Again, not sure how doable.
[snapback]9094[/snapback]

Point i fergot to mension that but good thinking. :)

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Korrd - 01-01-2006

Ahh.... the cloak... The eternal question...
Cloaking devices had been largely discused in all FL related forums.
The cloacking devide cannot be activated or deactivated. It works as follows:
When you mount it, it makes you invisible. You cant be seen, targeted, anything.
There is no way of turning it off until you unmount it.

So cloaks cannot be implemented... The cloak actions from the storyline is heavily scripted and specially made for that part of the game.

This has been discused before. I recomend we drop this topic. No more talks about cloak tech...

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - urgel - 01-01-2006

i do think that it would be possible to code in, if anyone is good enough.

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Vtec - 01-01-2006

Korrd,Dec 31 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:Ahh.... the cloak... The eternal question...
Cloaking devices had been largely discused in all FL related forums.
The cloacking devide cannot be activated or deactivated. It works as follows:
When you mount it, it makes you invisible. You cant be seen, targeted, anything.
There is no way of turning it off until you unmount it.

So cloaks cannot be implemented... The cloak actions from the storyline is heavily scripted and specially made for that part of the game.

This has been discused before. I recomend we drop this topic. No more talks about cloak tech...
[snapback]9103[/snapback]

That i did not know :(

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Gwynzer - 01-02-2006

I knew it also. hoped you wouldnt mention it tho. maybe they might of got somewhere.

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Virus - 01-02-2006

I can tell you, that cloak mods are banned on The Lancer Reactor. It has been deemed to cheap.

The only cloak mod I've been able to get my hands on is very unstable and made by one of my friends. You have to deactivate a weapons to decloak, but you can fire while cloaked, you can't be seen, and you can't be targeted. I never use it.... 'Cept on Stoners World every couple of months.

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - AW-Eldfrey - 01-03-2006

omg can this be turned into an obserber mode? so people can record the vidios??? that would be awsom because people couldent acsidently kill the recorder. Sry im into movie making in other games and its hard to find somting that doesent have half the screen blocked by the gun/ship and hud

Maybe an idea for new ver of discovery - Angel - 01-03-2006

Well, i can tell you that I have a CLoak Mod, but it Doesn't work with Discovery, only Original SP, but it has the Cloak Animation and all the bells and whistles, can be equiped on anything.

But like Korrd said, might as well drop it Cloak Mods r Banned :unsure: