Discovery Gaming Community
Sorry for the recent downtime... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Sorry for the recent downtime... (/showthread.php?tid=50)

Pages: 1 2

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Igiss - 07-11-2005

I really don't know why the PC where the server runs is not working. This does not depend on me because the server is hosted remotely and I have no direct access to the machine. What's worse is that I have no idea now when the server will be back.
My apologizes to everyone. :sleep:

Sorry for the recent downtime... - daedalus - 07-11-2005

Nice to know you're still there, thanks for the update. Good luck getting it back! I'm getting twitchy and feeling the need to buy diamonds....

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Circadian_Lupine - 07-11-2005

interestingly enough, my install of freelancer stopped working shortly after the server went down, and i still haven't been able to fix it. I've wiped all the saved games, uninstalled and backed up .ini files from every mod i ever used (including discovery). and overwritten 40% of the system data files straight from the .cabs on the CD. None of that has worked, and i'm to the point where i'm considering just copying my user ID key out and reinstalling the whole deal from scratch.

Probably unrelated to the server troubles, just figured i'd chip in my $0.02

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Play_god - 07-12-2005

Actually thats happened to me to, mine has stopped working since the server went down as well, probably just coincidence but u never know... :(

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Wrath - 07-12-2005

So I take it after the most recent downtime, the player base is wiped?

I just hate having to start over, especially if you are going to install a new version next weekend.

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Igiss - 07-12-2005

No! Your chars on Discovery are OK, but the server on which you are playing is FAKE.

Our server is still DOWN and I'm trying to fix this, most probably we were hacked. I haven't taken enough precautions because this is not a large and popular server, but now I realize I was wrong.

I don't know yet what a'hole hacked us and who stole our server name (maybe the same person).

Anyway the server launch will not be easy this time because of those new safety issues. Again, I apologize.

Sorry for the recent downtime... - Igiss - 07-12-2005

Now our server is back. Please check it out, because it's behind a firewall and I don't know if it will work for everyone outside our LAN.

Sorry for the recent downtime... - daedalus - 07-12-2005

Igiss,Jul 12 2005, 05:20 PM Wrote:Now our server is back. Please check it out, because it's behind a firewall and I don't know if it will work for everyone outside our LAN.
[snapback]468[/snapback]

Igiss,
Works OK for me, I logged in at 17.30 GMT. Hurray! Thanks for working to get this back. Good luck with 4.74.

The stats page doesn't seem to be available though at the moment.

daedalus,Jul 12 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:The stats page doesn't seem to be available though at the moment.
[snapback]470[/snapback]

Back now

:D