Discovery Gaming Community
The Miraluka - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Miraluka (/showthread.php?tid=509)

Pages: 1 2

The Miraluka - Dab - 01-07-2006

This is the race of a certain person name Dab/Luciaden. This is a very big post so be prepared to read it all the way through or you won't understand very much. This thread is open to questions (we know you'll have some)and comments.

The Miraluka do not see as humans do. The see in thermal view (like thermal goggles and thermal detecting cameras) and can read a humans thoughts.

The Miraluka see the humans as weak, pathetic, and their ways disgusting. They especially dispise their self-destructive ways.

Miraluka have the ability to control a human through his thoughts. Unlike the Nomads, Necron/Necross, and the unknown beings responsible for the Miralukas destruction, the human doesn't notice the being is controlling them. Thus Miraluka make excellent spys, infultrators, and through clouding a person's mind, a great pilot. The Miraluka's power over a human's thoughts cannot be easily achieved from a distance, thus why they can only cloud another pilots mind. The power is also diminished by the person's attitude to them. If the person is hostile to the Miraluka they cannot be fully controlled except by a master of the technique.

Luciaden is the last Miraluka. The beings that now control Darkstar (though he will never admit to being fully controlled by an alien) destroyed the Miraluka home world causing the few who were not there at the time to scatter as they were hunted to the brink of extinction. The last of the Miraluka Luciaden and his Mentor Earisiae, a master of their thought techniques, hide from the murderers. Earisiae taught Luciaden though before he could finish teaching his student the murderers found them.

Earisiae was slain outright but the beings wanted to study the Miraluka sight and thought processes. Luciaden was taken to a base of theres and was drugged until the leader could get there, but the technique for clouding a mind could be reversed to clear one. Luciaden escaped the facility and fled to an unknown Nomad dyson sphere. He hid there amongst the nomads hoping they were enough to stop the beings coming after him. But then the humans came and destroyed the nomads with nothing more than a few fighters and a horrible battleship.

Luciaden followed them to Sirius and hid in the Omicrons. He slowly started converting skilled pilots to him. Some new his true indentity though most did not. He used them to create wars and alliances amongst the various factions of the humans. This was his chance to lure the beings out. If they came to destroy the Miraluka surely they couldn't resist attacking these weak and pathetic beings. Slowly as his group of humans did a sweap through Rheinland slaughtering the weakened military Luciaden felt the same sensation he had at the unknown facility.

At that point he knew that the beings had finally shown themselves. But to his suprise and dismay he also sensed another Miraluka. It felt like they were near each other but he couldn't tell if the being knew the Miraluka was whithin a lethal distance of the beings message boy and the Necross host, if the Miraluka was working with them, or if the Miraluka was attempting to infultrate the Phantoms and find the murderers of their race. Immediately he went to find them and capture them. Perhaps the torture methods taught to him by Earisiae would make the messenger give up his masters or not... But just as he was about to catch their ship his crew and bodyguard failed him and let the ship get away. A few deaths resulted from that. He had his humans hunting the ship for weeks when he learned of an human elite fighter squadron. He saw this as the easiest way to find and capture the murderer so he joined up. Though even his own people did not fully realize what was going on. All the humans would eventually either folck to his banner or die. That choice was up to them. Though it would take a considerable amount fighting and subterfuge to get that by unnoticed from his master who would be very angry to have that prize ripped away from him.
Oh yes... We all serve a master...

To be continued...

Comon people at least read it. Its only got 11 views 2 of which were mine. The only people who read it are those who already knew about it. And in case you didn't see thie thread is open for questions/comments.

The Miraluka - Firebird - 01-07-2006

so the elite fighter squadron referred to is this [8???] tags i've been seeing?

Yes.

The Miraluka - Constantine - 01-07-2006

Miraluka... Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 a great game :)

Ohh and i'll read the post tommorrow i'm going out now :) way to long to read now.

The Miraluka - The Pirate - 01-07-2006

Nice story Dab Though u could have thought up a more unique name but other than that Very nice story

It took awhile to do the story so I just tried to find the name of an alien race thatv is mostly humanoid.

The Miraluka - Virus - 01-08-2006

A couple things:

A) You stole Kane's "Master's" idea.
B) You "borrowed" our (Kane and I) Alien idea.
C) You used a (most likely) copyrighted© alien name.
D) Your starting to bother me at the fact that you seem to...... Powerplay when you RP.
E) And...... There are getting to be slightly too many aliens. Like when I came up with the idea of a Personal Log. About a week later, many people started.

That may be a couple more than a couple. But uh..... Well... Yeah.

As for your question to me ealier.... Its getting annoying to have so many alien races.... But I guess it most likely won't interfere with my plans.

The Miraluka - Dab - 01-08-2006

Virus,Jan 7 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:A couple things:

That may be a couple more than a couple. But uh..... Well... Yeah.

As for your question to me ealier.... Its getting annoying to have so many alien races.... But I guess it most likely won't interfere with my plans.
[snapback]9608[/snapback]

Quote:B) You "borrowed" our (Kane and I) Alien idea.

As I wrote they are humanoids. The only alien thing about them is thought reading and their sight differences. They don't inhabit the humans they control, they just make them do things. Also the human doesn't know thye are controlled and are not submitting themselves to the control, except for a few cases.

Quote:D) Your starting to bother me at the fact that you seem to...... Powerplay when you RP.

The Miraluka are no stronger than the Phantoms or the Necron. The only advantage over them is their thought reading. And the thermal vision is more of a disability than an advantage.

Quote:C) You used a (most likely) copyrighted alien name.

Checked not copyrighted.

Quote:E) And...... There are getting to be slightly too many aliens. Like when I came up with the idea of a Personal Log. About a week later, many people started.

I'm not going to make a personal log. Just routinely add mroe to the Miraluka. And if you want I'll downplay it a little if you think they are too powerful for you. :lol:

Quote:A) You stole Kane's "Master's" idea.

Mine are completely different trust me.

Sry I kinda cannibalized your quote...

The Miraluka - Virus - 01-08-2006

I was just worried about you powerplaying... I've seen you do it.

Well....... I guess I'm fine with it if you don't.... Over-do it like I am. Well.... I am, slightly.