Discovery Gaming Community
Under Level Players ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Under Level Players ? (/showthread.php?tid=5248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Under Level Players ? - Fellow Hoodlum - 12-31-2007

Quote:5.4 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 can be attacked only
(1) if grouped with another character of level 30 or higher, (2) if spotted on site of a clan battle, and
(3) by players of level 29 or lower.

Now this rule seems to be quite clear, but the current penchant seems to be for certain Liberty based factions
to have low level heavily armed and outfitted ships to use, as the damage for those of 30 and above is turned
off. Convenient for those little forays around Manhattan, as the security services will be unable to counter you.
Most are tagged and IDed with the correct affiliation ... The Security Forces are now going the same way to
counter this trend
But this seems to be being used now as an excuse to also attack anyone below level 30 regardless of affiliation
or ID. Those players just choosing to use the civilian ID while they are sorting out their roleplay, or just getting
on in the game. This we don't like ...
Now we can argue the rules on this till the cows come home, and hear about who is good enough in a level 23
fighter, to kill a level 40 one. Not the point guys ...
Its totally not in the spirit of the game to use those rules to kill low level players, regardless of any roleplay.
That rule is there to give them some form of protection up till they have to change the ID, making an RP choice.
So lets not argue semantics on this please, or the rules will probably have to change, and we don't want to do
that, it will spoil it for a lot of other people.
Just be very careful about who you do attack, and why ... Our recommendation would be to only go with
those making the effort to Tag, ID and affiliate for obvious roleplay reasons.

Hoodlum

Under Level Players ? - 13CentKiller - 12-31-2007

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10010

This is my point of view.

If you don't want the new players have a little competition and make them watch their back a little more, make a level 29 admin character to come and kill us before the level 20 Xenos get to the civilians. I mean, you already do it in NY with other admin characters....And don't bother saying you admins don't abuse your 'Hostile to all factions" thing, because in a way you do exactly the same thing. I'm sure others will say the same thing.

If I used the right terminology here...I would say "Its just the pot calling the kettle black"
Your the ones giving people idea's
And once again, I bet another rule will be put in place to counter our fun.
I could go on and on and on.
But I have to go to bed.

Cheers :cool:

Under Level Players ? - BULLDOGNK - 12-31-2007

ok

i will make this short and sweet continue this trend and all i have to do is ask Igiss if i can adjust the .ini file in flhook with the letters LI01 and all the crap and loophole events stop in NY,

do you guys want this??

Cheers

Under Level Players ? - bus - 12-31-2007

How does this rule fit in then?

Quote:5.3 If a player is attacked*, he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. There are no restrictions for self-defense.

*For purposes of these Rules occasional shooting or shooting "for fun" does not count as an attack if it does not result in draining shields to 50% or lower or hull damage. Intentional ramming of any large ship is also considered an attack.

If you get attacked by an underlevel Xeno in NY exactly like 13CentKiller was, are you allowed to kill him?

EDIT: Hope this thing down below:unsure:is not a reply to my post.

Under Level Players ? - Fellow Hoodlum - 12-31-2007

I'm sorry, are you accusing the admins here, of abuse, because that sounds like you are matey ...
Now it seems you have just given yourself the rights to be the low level player killer to just make sure they
watch their backs ? What if they dont want to ?
Up to level 30 implies, they shouldn't actually have to have an eye glued to the radar or the rear view mirror.
They have the odd right or two as well as you, if you hadn't noticed.
Do not make yourself out to be the god given roleplayer here, for everone playing, they may not be reading
from the same book.
And if you are going to quote certain idioms, make sure they are relevant to the subject in hand ...

Hoodlum

[color=#ff6666]Admin Notice

New York is Now a non PVP area again, until we make it clear this will not be tolerated.

I have Just asked Korrd if i can do this and he said Yes, you will now have to wait until Korrd or Igiss reply to this post.

Advice was ignored and people accused Admins of abuse.

so blame yourself People.

Cheers

Under Level Players ? - bus - 12-31-2007

I don't want to discuss the New York PvP status here, I'm just asking if someone could clear up the rules for me because I'm not sure which one takes precedence.

Please! Thank you:).

Under Level Players ? - Equinox - 12-31-2007

I don't see how one player can ruin it for the rest of the server who play fair, we shouldn't all loose out on RP in new York just because 13cent abused this rule..

It is not just 13cent it was other players to.

but 13cent posted rubbish and thats why you all know he did it today,

i will not post who else has done this but they all know who they are.

Cheers

Under Level Players ? - Axe - 12-31-2007

For f***s sake, do you people get dumber by the damn minute? I was killed last night, in new york, outside manhatten IN A LEVEL 5 STARFLIER just because I had the [101st] tag in my name. You see what your loophole exploiting has spawned?

The lower level rules are there for a reason. They're there to help new players to the mod get on their feet and settle in before they have to deal with the likes of you dumbass'.

If people are going to act like this toward potential new players then I vote that the NY PvP be turned off for good.

*walks away shaking head*