Discovery Gaming Community
To Admin/Char help - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: To Admin/Char help (/showthread.php?tid=5256)

To Admin/Char help - Troubleshooter - 01-01-2008

Hello to Admin

Hello, to all.
I am new to Discoveryfl rp, and chose to come to this server because the RP here is unmatched by anywhere else. This is what makes the game so interesting. I appreciate the work that has gone into assuring such a great RP environment, and I equally enjoy this mod. I have read the rules thoroughly, and am in accordance. However, after a week of play and logging 16 hours on a character, my account was banned because the Char name is X.

bty, my account has yet to appear in the sanctions section, so i post this here..

I chose this name to represent, and instill a mysterious aspect to my character. In algebra, X is very commonly associated with an unknown variable. In astronomy, X stands for a comet of unknown orbit. This was to be the nature of my char as it progressed. My alliance will be undetermined until I understand the balance of the RP on this server, and this mod, and would fall to one side or the other depending on where it was needed, and where I see respectable players. According the rules; 3.6 Character name on server should not consist of random symbols or contain any abusive content. Remember that Discovery is a role-playing server; choose your name accordingly. I can understand this, but the name, X, is not a random symbol to me. It does have meaning.
On another server, I have been playing the good guy for awhile, and I am part of a well know clan on that server. My char name there is (Elite Sirius Fighters) =ESF= HONOR. And I stand by what this name implies 100%. It is the basis of my character in real life. The X char, was meant to give me some freedom to change my game play. Honor is still the foundation of any char I control.

I am not a bad person the reason I was banned is because after logging 16 hours on this char, a message came up during game that said you will be kicked, change your name. well, I could not believe my eyes so I logged back on to see if this was true, and make sure that I saw what I thought I saw. Hence, the ban. I was not trying to get away with anything

I will agree to change my name, or have it changed by Admin if that is what it will take to play some great RP. But I would ask once, and will not take this matter further To Admin, may I please keep this char?, this X was to be my trade mark, and I believe I will be able to add some good RP to the overall game play. I plan to play for a long time and build X into a character known, and skills sought after, by all.

PS. I noticed that I need 2 mills to get a name change. I really do not want to start over. Getting to the point when I can actually participate in the real RP takes way to much time, and I am already on my way. Please, is there anything that we can do that will satisfy us both?

Thanks, Troubleshooter a.k.a. X

here is an ss of char X stats.. i dont know if this means anything to you, but it shows my hours and level
i took this as soon as i seen the "getting kicked" message after i logged on the second time.

[Image: Freelancer2007-12-3010-19-42-84.jpg]

To Admin/Char help - BULLDOGNK - 01-01-2008

ok i will look into this for you ok

Cheers

To Admin/Char help - BULLDOGNK - 01-01-2008

ok try your name again,

correct you was banned, but save enough credit for a name change, single leters or numbers i dont think are role play names.

Cheers

To Admin/Char help - Troubleshooter - 01-01-2008

' Wrote:ok try your name again,

correct you was banned, but save enough credit for a name change, single leters or numbers i dont think are role play names.

Cheers
Thank you, much appreciated...
i will get the name change as soon as possible