Discovery Gaming Community
Order Using IMG Ships? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Order Using IMG Ships? (/showthread.php?tid=5517)

Pages: 1 2 3

Order Using IMG Ships? - ivr56 - 01-14-2008

So are they allowed to use them?
The info cards says nothing so they could be neutral with each other?

Order Using IMG Ships? - Monk - 01-14-2008

Sounds like bad RP to me. The Order has nothing to do with the IMG. Order should only fly Order ships, Corsair ships, Civilian ships and Hogosha ships (which I don't believe there are any).

Order Using IMG Ships? - Laowai - 01-14-2008

' Wrote:Sounds like bad RP to me. The Order has nothing to do with the IMG. Order should only fly Order ships, Corsair ships, Civilian ships and Hogosha ships (which I don't believe there are any).

Actually, it could be a little ambiguous.... on Gran Canaria the blurb on the ravons claw, or talon.. whichever it is said that the ship was made by the IMG for commercial purposes... that could be interpreted as for people to buy it? as it doesnt have enough cargo space to be a commercial (trading) vessel

Order Using IMG Ships? - RickJames - 01-14-2008

' Wrote:Actually, it could be a little ambiguous.... on Gran Canaria the blurb on the ravons claw, or talon.. whichever it is said that the ship was made by the IMG for commercial purposes... that could be interpreted as for people to buy it? as it doesnt have enough cargo space to be a commercial (trading) vessel

Given the size, small, and the nature of the Order, covert operations. I'd think it would be in rp for them to use any factions ships they are not enemies with. Just my opinion. The only opinion that really matter though is the admins.

Order Using IMG Ships? - bluntpencil2001 - 01-14-2008

That and I'm sure they sell Raven's Talons on their bases...

Order Using IMG Ships? - Monk - 01-14-2008

Right...created for commercial purpose thus making it a civilian ship. That is the limit no others like the IMG GB.

Order Using IMG Ships? - bluntpencil2001 - 01-14-2008

Right, makes sense. Hell, it's infocard does say that it is very popular with pirates and mercenaries... so why not the Order too?:)

Order Using IMG Ships? - Panzer - 01-14-2008

Not to mention the practical reasons behind that gunboat.

Order Using IMG Ships? - pchwang - 01-14-2008

I wouldn't say that you aren't "allowed" to use them, it's just that we will all scream at you for bad RP.

It is a commercial ship, but the thing is...there is a reason why Order members use the Nepthys and Anubis. They get uber-equipment to combat the nomads, and in my mind, I can't really see why a member of the Order would give up cutting edge technology that's not open to random civilians for something that is(IMG Ships).

Then again, that's simply my idea of RPing, and you really can't say that it's the absolute one. It's going to depend on your own tastes, but if you do get an IMG ship, come up with a decent reason for it.

Order Using IMG Ships? - McNeo - 01-14-2008

Well, I see everyone flying RT's. Not so much now, since the nerf scared everyone off, but it is still a very good ship.

For instance, both Outcasts and Corsairs (some on either side) fly it, against each other. The Order builds them, its sold on Mito shipyards too. Not to mention, the Phantoms also have access to it.

I see no RP for any of these factions haveing them (Corsairs included) so... meh?