Discovery Gaming Community
Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: BDM| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=703)
+----- Thread: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=60674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Jeremy Hunter - 06-09-2012

' Wrote:Let me tell you what I saw today right outside of the freeport in Bering. One of your Cruisers sits right next to it, suddenly a Trader with diamonds comes out of the lane.
What followed is the Cruiser /1ing the trader to stop and blowing him up not even 10 seconds later because he didnt.
I know that this is more or less fine with the rules, but its quite a bit below the level I'd expect from an official faction.

I agree. I'll forward this to Anne so she gets on it quickly.

Also, throwing the name of said cruiser to her or Tabris can speed up the issue:)

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Jansen - 06-09-2012

' Wrote:I agree. I'll forward this to Anne so she gets on it quickly.

Also, throwing the name of said cruiser to her or Tabris can speed up the issue:)
Kay, sent it to Tabby.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Ursus - 06-09-2012

' Wrote:Let me tell you what I saw today right outside of the freeport in Bering. One of your Cruisers sits right next to it, suddenly a Trader with diamonds comes out of the lane.
What followed is the Cruiser /1ing the trader to stop and blowing him up not even 10 seconds later because he didnt.
I know that this is more or less fine with the rules, but its quite a bit below the level I'd expect from an official faction.
I witnessed the engagment after the /1 demand (was setting up a Surveyor LF and passing FP2 at the time). Kind of shocked that he engaged a trade ship right in front of the freeport, which seems like an invitation to get BDM's docking rights yanked

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - sindroms - 06-09-2012

I just had some great if short RP with one of your Uboats in NB.
Too bad there was only one...
MOAR ACTIVITEH PLOX.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - EisenSeele - 06-10-2012

Cruiser here. The trader tried to escape to the freeport, I have shots of the trader with the dockmsg if you'd like. Along with the 5-10 msg's of him threatening to report me afterwards.

Bottom line, he was breaking the embargo. He was told to stop, he tried to dock on a base to escape. Then he gets blasted.

*EDIT*
Reviewing the screenshots, if you were the AGS-U ship within 5k of the action, you should have seen the docking message.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Lobster - 06-10-2012

Ive talked the issue over with our cruiser pilot in question. His story does check out.

I'm sure everyone here knows how frustrating a running trader who's only RP is spamming report messages. I'm also sure everyone knows the normal reaction to such things, more-so when they are about to dock.

That being said, I am very very glad you posted here. I'm also glad you were shocked. Means we are doing our job well and this exception pushed on our established reputation.

If you would like to discuss anything else, or the answers given do not match with your expectations, please feel free to post again and I will do all I can to address your concerns.

Thank you for the feedback.

EDIT: and thanks everyone for the positive feedback! It goes a long way to inspire our members.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - GrnRaptor - 07-24-2012

We had an incident while chasing the BDM|RNC-Brynhildr today. Had a report of him attacking an IC| barge, so we moved in to assist. It leaves and heads to Kansas, and then takes itself into Virginia. That's right, the [LN] Guard system. We, [LN], have all the exits covered and are ready to move in on it when... It F1s. Yes, it F1s right in Virginia. Because it can't escape, it bails on us by logging. Totally kills any sense of enjoyment we might have had for going through all the work to track it down. And frankly, it's not the first time I've not enjoyed an encounter with this vessel. Sure, it's out to kill tranports and what not, but whenever, and I mean whenever, we get to tracking it down, it syswall runs or it bails out on us like this. It never tries to make a legitmate escape attempt. I, for one, do not find this enjoyable in the slightest, and were it not for the fact that it blasts our tranports and we need to respond to that, I would never ever seek to log to track it down, because I know that I'd be wasting my time and losing whatever fun I would have from trying to catch it.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - EisenSeele - 07-24-2012

:l didn't notice you there. It was 2am and I was trying to take a short cut to rheinland to log and fix my load out when I decided sleep was more important, my apologies if you feel snubbed. Had I known you were tracking my progress, I would have waited to dock properly as a means to log so as to give you the opportunity to attack me. If you'd like, we can continue the encounter that would have ensued had I known that you were tracking my progress. Please contact me over PM if this is the case.

As for avoiding engagements with your ships in other situations where it can be helped, I tend to notice that fights with your ships tend to end with conditions that aren't fun to play against. There's nothing wrong with countering a cruiser with overwhelming cap and snub forces, but I am in no way required to sit and wait to be killed by fighting on your terms. My doctrine is to fight caps with caps, avoid capture against superior forces, and fight only when cornered against ship types that aren't meant to be fought by cruisers. If you'd like to have an interaction with my ship, please contact me ahead of time and we can arrange for something. Also, I'm less inclined to run against things that are not fighter/bombers. I have been spoken to about syswalling long ago, and I have not done it since nor will I in the future. I generally move off plane to lure ships away from possible reinforcements before engaging them with the confidence that I won't have any unexpected enemies.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - EisenSeele - 07-24-2012

As for the interaction in Coronado regarding the IC| Barge, it was supposed to be a private affair to make up for a disconnection earlier. I'm not sure how you found out my ship was in Coronado, and neither I nor the pilot did anything to report of my presence there as we had previously agreed to continue our interaction without additional players present. While I slipped away from the system, I also noticed that you were grouped with a CR| battleship which apparently logged into Coronado as you arrived in system. Might I ask what that was about?

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - GrnRaptor - 07-24-2012

For the Virginia incident, I would call it, convenient, that you were tired and needed to bail in a Guard system, considering we tracked you into Kansas. Why didn't you log out there instead of of in the [LN]'s Guard system? That's seriously poor form.

As for the IC| barge in Coronado, someone observed your assault and contacted one of the [LN] we had about, who then informed the rest us about it, and we had a few pilots log to provide assistance. There was a CR| about, one CR|-CM-Radar.Rider, whom I contacted and forwarded the info to. I asked for permission for our forces to enter, and was given it, and it promised to provide help. Considering you were assaulting an IC| in CR| space, what were you expecting? And yes, the IC| also managed to reach out to us as well. And no IC| members talked to any of my pilots about it being a "private" encounter. I also don't recall that you contacted any of us to say that it was a "private" encounter either.