Discovery Gaming Community
Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: BDM| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=703)
+----- Thread: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=60674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Goddess Astra - 07-24-2012

Speaking as the pilot who "assembled the troops," so to speak, these are the events that occurred leading up to assisting the barge:
- I heard on the [LN] chat that an IC| barge was under attack and needed assistance.

- I logged my bomber, sent an inRP PM to the barge, and offered my assistance, which they said they needed.

- I got invited to a group of other [LN] snubs, whom I told of my intentions, and they decided to assist me.

- We arrived in Coronado, and CR|- reinforcements joined our group.
As far as I can tell, the battleship hadn't arrived by the time I showed up, but the Brynhildr fled immediately after I emerged from the jump hole and announced my "stand down and prepare to be destroyed" message.

Just inputting my side of the story for further clarity.

~ [LN]-Nicole:Hayes

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - EisenSeele - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:For the Virginia incident, I would call it, convenient, that you were tired and needed to bail in a Guard system, considering we tracked you into Kansas. Why didn't you log out there instead of of in the [LN]'s Guard system? That's seriously poor form.

You can call it convenient if you'd like. When your strikeforce left to Cortez, I moved through to Tau-117, Newcastle, Inverness, Cortez, Magellan, Kansas, then Virginia. Throughout the ENTIRE trip, I did not see or hear from ANYONE, which made me assume that you had disengaged and were not pursuing me. I apologize for not metagaming using the chatlist to see if anyone had been tailing me. Please don't presume to know my motives with insufficient evidence to back up your accusations.

Now, I have offered you a chance to continue the interaction in Virginia should you wish to take it. The offer still stands if you feel offended enough at not being noticed through the chatlist. Apart from apologizing for not noticing your tracking me through several systems through the player list, and offering to make up for any offense you have taken from it, I don't know what else I could do.

' Wrote:As for the IC| barge in Coronado, someone observed your assault and contacted one of the [LN] we had about, who then informed the rest us about it, and we had a few pilots log to provide assistance. There was a CR| about, one CR|-CM-Radar.Rider, whom I contacted and forwarded the info to. I asked for permission for our forces to enter, and was given it, and it promised to provide help. Considering you were assaulting an IC| in CR| space, what were you expecting? And yes, the IC| also managed to reach out to us as well. And no IC| members talked to any of my pilots about it being a "private" encounter. I also don't recall that you contacted any of us to say that it was a "private" encounter either.

There was no assault, no shots fired. The barge was asked to drop half of its cargo and move to Barrier Gate Station instead of on its normal course to what it described as an SFC base in Z21, and the barge complied. You were not contacted because you were non-entities up til that point. The interaction was nearly done by the time you appeared in Coronado. If you suggest that you should have been contacted prior to your spontaneous appearance in Coronado, I would say that it would be unnecessary since I have no right to forbid you from interacting with me in an encounter in space, and I find it silly that the logical conclusion of that suggestion would have me inform everyone on the server just to continue an interaction that was cut short by a disconnect. The "privacy" of the event was only said to convey that neither the barge nor I called in to involve anyone on the outside to attend the continuation of the interaction. At least when we discussed the terms of continuing the interaction on skype anyway. If the IC| barge did call for help, contrary to the gentleman's agreement, then it was without my knowledge and I apologize for the mistake in saying so.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - GrnRaptor - 07-25-2012

I suppose I can't know what your motivation was. Just don't log off in your enemy's Guard system then. That's ridiculous. I would even add that you don't use a Guard system to escape your enemy, either. Honestly, this is my biggest sticking point. I would appreciate it if you not repeat that.

As for the Barge thing, you can see Hayes' report on the incident yourself. I can confirm that's what occurred to the best of my knowledge. I wasn't claiming that you should have /fm'd the [LN] to say "Hey, private action here", but if you saw our pilot and it was something you were continuing from previously due to a disconnect, perhaps a "// we're concluding some unfinished business" would be in order? Anyway, that's water under the bridge right now.

~ [LN]-Alan.Polstari.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Miranda - 07-25-2012

Speaking as the person from IC| that organized this event I can assure both sides IC| never called for assistance. Given normal circumstances we would, but this was intended to be a resume of the previous night's events, with the Brynhildr having the same chances that he would have had if the barge pilot's computer hadn't died. From what I heard from the barge pilot a passing freelancer saw what was happening and alerted [LN] which given the unique situation was unfortunate.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Dane Summers - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:I also noticed that you were grouped with a CR| battleship which apparently logged into Coronado as you arrived in system. Might I ask what that was about?

On separate occasions, CR forces had confronted Brynhildr on it loitering in Coronado, and were very explicit in stating that said ship not cause trouble. CR, at the moment, is courting positive diplomacy with Liberty, and seeing as Brynhildr was being a nuisance, and doing exactly what we said not to do, it was time to lay the heavy end of the hammer down, and then tell Reinhardt to keep his cruisers out of our front yard.

Next time we see Brynhildr, CR has orders to kill it on sight. Enough is enough.

' Wrote:On separate occasions, CR forces had confronted Brynhildr on it loitering in Coronado, and were very explicit in stating that said ship not cause trouble. CR, at the moment, is courting positive diplomacy with Liberty, and seeing as Brynhildr was being a nuisance, and doing exactly what we said not to do, it was time to lay the heavy end of the hammer down, and then tell Reinhardt to keep his cruisers out of our front yard.

Next time we see Brynhildr, CR has orders to kill it on sight. Enough is enough.

Let me get this straight. You are deciding to declare war on the Rheinwehr because a Rheinwehr vessel was in unclaimed independent space. No mess was made, nor any interaction with the CR| was had except for instances where CR ships noted the presence of a Rheinwehr vessel passively and peacefully occupying some space in neutral territory.

You're a crippled fragment of a force that is desperate to survive, and your reaction is to make enemies with a previously peaceful yet ruthless force that has no trouble with fielding surgical strikes that specializes in eliminating local superior forces - in a move that will be perceived by the freelancers, mercenaries, and other assorted individuals, all of whom gave the IMG such hell for similar circumstances, as an act tantamount to declaring Coronado as a militarized pro-Liberty Navy, CR zone.

Nothing has been done in RP as of yet, and the Rheinwehr doesn't yet know that you've made this most unfortunate decision. I'll leave it for you to decide if making a dedicated enemy is really worth it.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Dane Summers - 07-25-2012

inrp, you can assume you have carte blanche wherever you want, but as much as you may feel you have rights everywhere, you don't have rights in the areas that CR feels as being under their interest. In this particular case, we have asked you not be a nuisance, and you are - we were nice about it the first time, and the second time we told you to get out or we'd shoot you - the third time was when Concordia logged to basically say "three strikes, your out" - As for declaring war, thats not the intention - its more of a "hey reinhardt, one of your cruisers was being a derp, and refused to leave our space, and was attacking people when we told it to leave - it opened fire, we blew it up, sorry - but next time, keep your cruisers out of our front yard, and we wont have an issue" - if rheinland wants to declare war on us for blowing up one of its military intelligence cruisers, then its perfectly fine with us.

As for your surgical strikes threat - having something to shoot that isnt vaporware gallia, would be fine with us too.

After all, you want to get offended by my explanation as to why your now persona-non-grata in CR turf, then good for you.

' Wrote:inrp, you can assume you have carte blanche wherever you want, but as much as you may feel you have rights everywhere, you don't have rights in the areas that CR feels as being under their interest. In this particular case, we have asked you not be a nuisance, and you are - we were nice about it the first time, and the second time we told you to get out or we'd shoot you - the third time was when Concordia logged to basically say "three strikes, your out" - As for declaring war, thats not the intention - its more of a "hey reinhardt, one of your cruisers was being a derp, and refused to leave our space, and was attacking people when we told it to leave - it opened fire, we blew it up, sorry - but next time, keep your cruisers out of our front yard, and we wont have an issue" - if rheinland wants to declare war on us for blowing up one of its military intelligence cruisers, then its perfectly fine with us.

As for your surgical strikes threat - having something to shoot that isnt vaporware gallia, would be fine with us too.

After all, you want to get offended by my explanation as to why your now persona-non-grata in CR turf, then good for you.

No offense taken at all:PSounds like potential for fun.

As for the interactions you've described - You must have been much to subtle for me. I'm rather slow, from all those strudels I've been having - I remember only two instances in which I encountered CR| in Coronado. Neither of them said anything about leaving your space - or even referring to Coronado as your space. The Concordia logging was only something I noticed on the player list after I eluded the [LN] patrols that showed up.

As for declaring war, I'm afraid that your ID requires you to openly declare war on a house before you can do anything that resembles shooting at a house military vessel - just an oversight with the ID which probably needs fixing.

Other than that, I look forward to having interactions with your ships in space - other than the creepy-forest-critters-silently-sitting-there-not-saying-a-word-while-scrutinizing-your-every-move thing that I've observed in the two previous interactions. I've seen what you can do against disorganized but overwhelmingly numerous predictable enemies, and I'm actually kinda curious as to how things will go given the change in setting and enemy type.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Alley - 09-17-2012

Is your faction's main activity is to sit in NY 300k above the plane?

Because in my books intelligence is like gathering information, working out to add spies inside the enemy ranks to gather flypaths, intell, maybe operations or technology stuff like that. That doesn't work 300k above the plane, yet I see it almost every day.

Buro der Marineintelligenz Feedback - Lobster - 09-17-2012

Could you please give us a bit more detail on the situation you are speaking of? I can't remember any "sitting off plane in NY" taking place within recent times.