Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GRN feedback thread - Wesker - 01-26-2017

Justin what did you expect its the GRN feedback thread, all that happens here are butthurt comments from the opposing side's players.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Kalhmera - 01-26-2017

It is sad to leave an Event like that especially after all the Hard Work Spazzo has done for it. Here is my Feedback

Dear GRN|, Please show some class, finish the events that you are apart of, regardless of the outcome.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 01-26-2017

@TheShooter36, while I appreciate the conversation we had on Skype, if you could wait until I get home and can reply to you poking me there before making posts like these I'd be much happier. One way or another, I hope the discussion we had smoothed things over a bit. Smile

@Jansen, since I gather you are part of CR| feel free to ask Shooter to relay what I already told him regarding the details of my pulling out. I won't go in depth here, but suffice to say I didn't really give two figs about showing up to the event in the first place - it's my faction's playerbase that were turned off by the treatment they received and decided to walk out. I am just making a statement based on the various friendly posts and PMs I was beginning to rack up. If you want to blame anyone, take your pick from either your own side for the caps-on-snubs incidents that set this whole thing off, or from the officials and a couple of indies on my side who swore off further logging based on what they saw.

@Kalhmera, I honestly couldn't care less about what you think.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Alley - 01-26-2017

Too bad you bailed out, you were going to have a nice surprise

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 01-26-2017

Unless the nice surprise consisted of @Rodent, @Redon, and maybe a couple of others storming back to Disco full of motivation, cheer, and with about another 5-10 fresh-faced eager players at their back, I don't know if the surprise would have done me much lasting good, Alley. Thanks anyway, though Smile

RE: GRN feedback thread - Kalhmera - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:29 PM)Omicega Wrote:

And this is why people say GRN blows... look at your attitude, you should step down as 1ic and let someone who is not a complete douche lead.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Kauket - 01-26-2017

--------

RE: GRN feedback thread - xiphos - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:45 PM)Kalhmera Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:29 PM)Omicega Wrote:

And this is why people say GRN blows... look at your attitude, you should step down as 1ic and let someone who is not a complete douche lead.

Your attitude is not much better it seems. So what are you trying to say here?

RE: GRN feedback thread - Jack_Henderson - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:29 PM)Omicega Wrote: [...] it's my faction's playerbase that were turned off by the treatment they received and decided to walk out. I am just making a statement based on the various friendly posts and PMs I was beginning to rack up. If you want to blame anyone, take your pick from either your own side for the caps-on-snubs incidents that set this whole thing off, or from the officials and a couple of indies on my side who swore off further logging based on what they saw.

Funny seeing you blame CR pvp behaviour for the failure.

The fact is: CR was beaten ~ 30 : 3 kills in 2 prime time fights (plus a few small skirmishes), and actually it was "XX : 0" in the major organised fights because the 3 kills were scored not in the prime time fights but in smaller skirmishes.

And guess what: your members had no problem with motivation back then when they could wipe out hordes of CR easily and rake up the kill score to that ludicrous result of a ratio around 10 : 1.

Now, the small difference:

> CR did not quit and bail out.
> Even though motivation was not running high after a defeat of around 10 : 0.
> After this first defeat, they logged the next day.
> And got beaten the same way again. Again zero kills. Around 10 dead.
> And did they quit and bail out?
> No.
> They logged again on day 3.

See the difference?

You constantly complain how unfun it is to face a superior force.
You know: It was not too much fun for the CR forces to be raped twice by superior snubs/players without any chance.

So, the only difference here is:

GRN could not win easily (and you still got lots of blues in that 3rd fight although they lost), and therefore bailed when they were still leading with a 2 : 1 ratio in the overall event.

The moment that there was a fight that would have required effort, creation of ships, adjustment of tactics, motivation of members, conversation with the other side on how to make it better, and summed up "leadership"... that moment the motivation was suddenly gone. The moment GRN could not force their style of "snubs only" onto their opponent for a cheap and clean massacre win, they stopped flying. "Snubs only or no game".

This whole thing is wrong.
Pulling out is just wrong for an official faction.

You can now try to call me "whinging" and whatever you keep calling it, you can blame me for whatever abstruse thing you want, you can oorp threaten me or my faction... in reality it's not CR, not me, not Shaggy, not anybody... but your bitter-vet mentality that is the problem in all of this.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Dave Synk - 01-26-2017

I will say only this. Disco's cancer and why it's so "abandoned" compared to the good days, it's because all the incapable people lead powerful factions (more or less) and abuse power, heavy metagameing and lots of OORP-reasoned conflict, only to crush some other people's time because, I don't know... they are either jelly, frustrated or... just don't know better.

I guess the community, at least those capable, should do something about all this. I feel some people need to be taken a little bit down from their power and just leave those who can really contribute to the community's progress. Sometimes I feel the RP aspect is only on the surface and it just covers the frustration and passive-aggressive behavior of many whiners and like such. If this cancer won't stop, like usually, the community will die and I guess those people who know themselves and are known by many, will end up playing with themselves in a lifeless server.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the event here, but I watched carefully, not only this, but many other events that go around and it's quite the same cancerous pattern.