Discovery Gaming Community
KNF Players Handbooks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Kusari (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Forum: [KNF] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+----- Thread: KNF Players Handbooks (/showthread.php?tid=65515)

KNF Players Handbooks - Kusari Uchugun - 08-29-2011

KUSARI NAVAL FORCES PLAYER HANDBOOK

--> Document incomplete, working in progress. <--

Konnichiwa honourable player, welcome to the Kusari Naval Forces!

This player handbook will introduce some of the basic things you should know before sitting in your cockpit and fight for the Emperor.
For this should be a fast read, this document will keep a simple approach but it is still valid that you should take some time to read all pinned
threads listed within all sections of this forum, as most answers to your questions could be probably catched from there.

Ship Naming Guidelines

- Must be a Kusari-ish name unless special RP is provided;
- Must not be already taken by another player or npc/station;
- Fighters: It's open to the player choice;
- Bombers: It's open to the player choice, Katana models names has been suggested, discuss it here;
- Gunboats: It's open to the player choice, Japanese birds or climate conditions names are recommended;
- Destroyers: It's open to the player choice, Japanese city names are recommended;

Alpha Frequencies Subscription to these is highly recommended, you will receive a notification email (customizable) everytime someone post inside.

Kusari Legal Codex

All currently enforced laws in Kusari, its violators and the licenses archive.
All Kusari licenses owners are listed here.
Kusari Legal Codex

General hints about how to be promoted

Fully complete all steps of the recruitment process.
Write recurrent reports of your operations.
Complete evaluation flights with KNF senior instructors.
Join and use Kusari Tactical Skype Comms.
Obtain a recommendation from a ranked officer.
Show to know patience and common sense.
Roleplay.

Action Reports

Quality and quantity of the reports posted is one of the predominant factors that have weight when it comes to assign rank promotions.
Before starting to write reports please reserve some time to familiarize with the process, eventually looking at already present contents as an example.
If you are having any trouble with writing reports (general questions, language issues, etc) or have any doubt always inform high officers about it.
KNF Alpha action reports

The Perfect Blossom Tea

During a period of close relations with Interspace Commerce,
the Perfect Blossom Tea House and Gin Joint was opened on Roppongi Station for the sole use of Naval, Police, and House Pilots.
In past decades, off-duty Naval pilots would often get together to regale each other with tales of glorious battles.
While not required, Officers are encouraged to socialize with fellow pilots. You will fight harder for a brother than for a friend.
The Perfect Blossom Tea

Console Commands and Chat macros

Using an external tool (input devices macros, other Freelancer mods) to gain advantage on other players is not allowed but, using server integrated technology is.
The Official Discovery RP Server 24/7 do feature some useful tools, console commands and chat macros are not only very useful, but even essential as they can potentially save precious seconds during a battle/encounter where all seconds count.
Few examples.
It is possible to invite every online member of your faction (thus sharing your location on their scanners) by pressing only few buttons instead of many more.
Characters can be transferred from an account to another using a console command.
Be sure to check them out!
In-game user commands
Server Commands - Wiki

How to prevent weapon groups from resetting
LoTeK_ Wrote:As I felt this to be a huge problem during my freelancer experience and as it seems rather hard to find an answer to this in any faq (unless I missed it),
I wanted to post the solution so to prevent other people to have this same frustrating issue.

Weapons groups will reset when your ship dock with station/planet/base/stationary bs (not trade lanes) with a different group than group 1 activated.
So to prevent weapon groups from resetting you just have to dock with group 1 activated. That's all.

Discovery Account Recovery Service, a backup service for your Freelancer accounts!

Useful links

Freelancer Official Homepage
Lancers Reactor: Fuel for the Flight
Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
Freelancer Mod Manager 1.4 Beta 4
Freelancer Account Manager
Discovery Mod Website
Teamspeak

KNF Players Handbooks - Kusari Uchugun - 05-04-2012

Kusari common usage phrases and words:
Yes hai
no iie
please (as in "go ahead") dozo
Thank you. domo arigato / Arigatou
Thank you very much. domo arigato gozaimas Domo is a formal prefix.
You're welcome. doitashi ma-shyt-ay
Good morning. o hi yo gozaimas / Ohayou
Good afternoon (or "hello") kon nee chee wa / Konnichiwa
Good evening / good night kon ban wa / Konbanwa Oyasumi or Oyasuminasai are more appropriate for 'goodnight.
Nice to meet you (1st time) Ha ji may ma shytay
Nice to meet you (again) Dozo yo ro shikoo
How are you? Genke deska? / Ogenki Desu Ka

Excuse me. Su me masen
See you later. Jan ay
I'm sorry. Gomen nansa

How much? I ku ra de ka?
Thank you for the meal. Gochi so sa ma.
Cheers! Kampai!
happy gen ki
father (dad) oh tow san
daughter mu su me
mother (mom) okah san
delicious oy shee
great! segoi!
like (to favour) ski
favourite daiski
welcome (heard as you enter businesses) irasshaimasse
hot towel given at beginning of a meal oshi bori
green tea ocha

a pub izakaya
a restaurant where you cook own food okonomiyaki
fried noodles (in above restaurant) yaki soba
restaurant serving grilled skewers of chicken yakitori
fish fried in a fluffy batter tempura
bowls of noodles in a meat broth ramen
dumplings with fried veggies & pork gyoza
raw fish served in small bits sashimi
Japanese horseradish root wasabi
sweet rice that is firm and elastic mochi
soup made of fermented soybeans & salt miso
I am fine Genki Desu
Anata Wa? - And you?
Watashi-mo, Genki Desu - I'm fine, too.

Other phrases:
Mata asht-ay - See you tomorrow
Hajimema-sht-ay - How do you do? (polite)
Oai Dek Te Ureshii Desu - I'm glad to see you.

Good Luck Genki de ne!
I'm sorry Gomen Nansa
Let's Go! Ikuzo
Fool - Towakemono
Enemy: Kataki
Death: Takai
Gun-Boat: Hou-fune / Hokan
Destroyer: Hakaisha
Battle-Ship: Kaisen-fune
Maru - 丸 "circle" In conjunction with ships it means to return home unharmed - making a perfect circle
>>>
One cannot simply translate a Japanese expression to a single English word.
Over the internet translations from Japanese into English and German for example differs a lot.
The speakers gender also changes a word, for instance Boku versus atashi and iie versus eya. Our use of odd words is rough and inaccurate, but just for flavour.

KNF Players Handbooks - Kusari Uchugun - 06-24-2012

Operational Zones
KNF presence is not appreciated within Okinawa. Until a permanent agreement is made, we are to remain outside of the Okinawa system except in cases of :
  • Actively pursuing a target from Kusari space.
  • Invitation from a Kishiro or GMG representative.
In addition: a respectful distance of 7k should be kept from Aomori station in Honshu.

[Image: Aomori-Zone.png]

Any patrols entering Kepler should stay on the Kusari side of Ames research station, and not cross the line.

[Image: KNF_MAP_KEPLERline.png]

By observing these boundaries we avoid unnecessary confrontation with our neighbours of the Gas Miners Guild and Liberty.

Thanks to Minister Misaki and General Matthieu Reynaud, our operations in the Taus now have more scope. The Tau decree details our areas of patrol.
We may now pursue targets into tau twenty three and patrol there as needed. We may operate in the eastern half off Tau twenty nine, within vicinity of Shinkaku Station, Freeport Six, and the tau twenty three jump-hole.

[Image: map_tau29_knfgrn_0.png]