Discovery Gaming Community
The Mollys - Feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Mollys - Feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=68290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Mollys - Feedback thread - TheOrangeButterfly - 11-03-2011

' Wrote:Charos does not lead the mollies. Neither does Timo, or Govedo.
We simply have a good second layer of lieutenants.
In fact our true leader rarely shows his face.

I want to emphasize this. We have a good command structure within the faction, trust me, every decision and every hair that falls onto the [M]ollies is looked over by the Leader. He's pulling the strings. We have a very good support system to deal with outside and inside threats to our faction.

Mario, myself, and Charos do not lead the [M]ollies, Marcus does. Marcus is an effective leader capable of making decisions. Everything passes through his hands for at least a look-over as the "Second-layer" is generally fairly good at our assigned tasks.

That is all. Welcoming more constructive feedback.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Dab - 12-15-2011

So.. Why are the Mollies using Hessian Odins, Hessian guns, LWB guns, Unioner guns, Unioner Arbeiters, Sabres, Lane Hacker Bayonets, and Lane Hacker Gunships?

The only Molly ships I see that are actually pirate line, are your destroyers.

Does this not seem a bit odd that a faction refuses to use its own ships, but instead mixes tech from several sources for the best pvp combinations?

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Charos - 12-15-2011

' Wrote:So.. Why are the Mollies using Hessian Odins, Hessian guns, LWB guns, Unioner guns, Unioner Arbeiters, Sabres, Lane Hacker Bayonets, and Lane Hacker Gunships?
The only Molly ships I see that are actually pirate line, are your destroyers.

Does this not seem a bit odd that a faction refuses to use its own ships, but instead mixes tech from several sources for the best pvp combinations?
We made the special ships (Odins and Arbeiters) shared so people would use Molly ships for their personal ships instead of those. As for the tech, Arbeiters and Odins are using their factions' weapons (Protectors/Destroyers and Natterturn Zweis) and very few members are using guns other than Trefoils on their Molly ships and as for the Lane Hacker tech, it's only used by the Wild Geese which are supposed to be out in the Taus/Omegas. I wouldn't say that Sabres are that common in [M] as the only ones I know are the 2 shareds and only one personal. As for the ships we're using from the Molly shipline are mostly Greyhounds, Barghests. Rogue gunboats and Scyllas.

' Wrote:We made the special ships (Odins and Arbeiters) shared so people would use Molly ships for their personal ships instead of those.
When everyone has access to those accounts and uses them regularly, that kind of defeats the purpose? You should be encouraging people to use their personal ships, not giving them all 100% access to use shared out-of-faction ships.

And you didn't answer my question, why do you need or have them?

' Wrote:As for the tech, Arbeiters and Odins are using their factions' weapons (Protectors/Destroyers and Natterturn Zweis)
You're forgetting that ships are balanced to their enemies, not all of Sirius. Arbeiters are balanced to fight other Rheinland ships. They are not balanced to fight Bretonian ships.

' Wrote:and very few members are using guns other than Trefoils on their Molly ships
There are no members using their Molly ships.

' Wrote:and as for the Lane Hacker tech, it's only used by the Wild Geese which are supposed to be out in the Taus/Omegas.
Maybe you should remind him.

' Wrote:I wouldn't say that Sabres are that common in [M] as the only ones I know are the 2 shareds and only one personal.
Yes, we know, the Odins are far more popular with the memberbase of your faction.

' Wrote:As for the ships we're using from the Molly shipline are mostly Greyhounds, Barghests. Rogue gunboats and Scyllas.
Now if only some of your membership would actually fly them.. Oh wait, Scyllas, yes, those ones are used. Could we see some of the others occasionally as well?

The issue here is not in that you share tec, but in the scope of your tech sharing and the utter absence of using your own. You have over a dozen ships from other factions, those being Sabres, Odins, Arbeiters, and LH GSs. These are all placed in shared accounts anyone can use. So, of course, that's all everyone ever uses. It's quite obviously for pvp reasons, most of those tech deals were brokered on Skype, not the forums, and in an OORP context, not an RP context.

If those ships were removed from shared accouts and used sparingly, like the SCRA did with their Odins after they received wide-spread criticism for doing much the same as what you are, then there wouldn't be an issue. Because they'd be seen occasionally, instead of constituting the bulk of your forces in every single encounter.

As it is, we see more Hessians flying with Molly IDs, than we see Mollys. And that is not how the Molly Official Faction should be behaving.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Charos - 12-15-2011

Quote:You're forgetting that ships are balanced to their enemies, not all of Sirius. Arbeiters are balanced to fight other Rheinland ships. They are not balanced to fight Bretonian ships.

That's why Arbeiters aren't used in Bretonia. Hell, they aren't even used.

Quote:There are no members using their Molly ships.
I can give you a number of people using their Molly ships even the name of the ships.

Quote:Maybe you should remind him.
Indeed I will.

Quote:Yes, we know, the Odins are far more popular with the memberbase of your faction.
Yes, because Werewolf is a big target in group battles and we tend to get in a lot of those.

Quote:Now if only some of your membership would actually fly them.. Oh wait, Scyllas, yes, those ones are used. Could we see some of the others occasionally as well?
We -do- use them. Not my fault you are not there to see it.

Quote:The issue here is not in that you share tec, but in the scope of your tech sharing and the utter absence of using your own. You have over a dozen ships from other factions, those being Sabres, Odins, Arbeiters, and LH GSs. These are all placed in shared accounts anyone can use. So, of course, that's all everyone ever uses. It's quite obviously for pvp reasons, most of those tech deals were brokered on Skype, not the forums, and in an OORP context, not an RP context.

Lane Hacker and Hessian stuff were RP'd not so long ago. Odins were the first ones to be RP'd when [M] were unofficial. Lane Hacker stuff were received from the Hellfire Legion. We got Unioner and LWB things from old [MR] permits as AGS were kind enough to switch the permitions to the current Molly faction.

Quote:If those ships were removed from shared accouts and used sparingly, like the SCRA did with their Odins after they received wide-spread criticism for doing much the same as what you are, then there wouldn't be an issue. Because they'd be seen occasionally, instead of constituting the bulk of your forces in every single encounter.

SCRA is not [M]. They're a separate faction that works differently and we do not wish to imitate every action of theirs.

Quote:As it is, we see more Hessians flying with Molly IDs, than we see Mollys. And that is not how the Molly Official Faction should be behaving.
I am wondering, how can 4 Odins can make us look like Hessians? Have you seen all 4 of them online at a time? As for the latter, you're not going to tell us how we should behave.

' Wrote:That's why Arbeiters aren't used in Bretonia. Hell, they aren't even used.
I'll remember you said that.

' Wrote:Yes, because Werewolf is a big target in group battles and we tend to get in a lot of those.
Yes, and we understand that. But you are not simply trying to find a setup that gets you on an even playing field with your opponents, you are trying to find the best pvp combinations you can to use against them instead. Eagles would make perfect sense with the mollys, they are cheap and effective in-roleplay, and easy to get ahold of. A -few- Odins, used -sparingly-, as they are not cheap and not easy to replace, could work. But when we see at the -very least- one Odin in every encounter, usually more than that (and yes, we HAVE seen all 4 Odins in a fight. More than once.), it's pretty obvious why you are using them.

Eagles, Greyhounds, etc. The Rogues have to deal with Liberty ships and they still manage. You have opponents with larger, slower ships. You're thinking of excuses to justify one of the biggest tech sharing setups of any factions in Disco.

' Wrote:SCRA is not [M]. They're a separate faction that works differently and we do not wish to imitate every action of theirs.
You're right, you aren't. But you should take a hint at how things turn out. You're going to get the same negative attention they received for it.

' Wrote:I am wondering, how can 4 Odins can make us look like Hessians?
When I see more Odins than Molly ships, that might give a hint.

' Wrote:As for the latter, you're not going to tell us how we should behave.
I'm not telling you how you should. I'm telling you that you might want to have that conversation with yourself. You're a role model for indie Mollys, and indie players in general.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Hone - 12-15-2011

My only [M] ship is a Werewolf, and its the [M] ship I fly most often. I flew it in a fight just now, also the only other molly there was in a greyhound. So why do you say;
' Wrote:There are no members using their Molly ships.

Also

' Wrote:You're forgetting that ships are balanced to their enemies, not all of Sirius. Arbeiters are balanced to fight other Rheinland ships. They are not balanced to fight Bretonian ships.

Are you saying Rhienland ships are better than Bretonian ships? Cos that would sem to be a dev issue that needs to be fixed, not something to do with the mollys.

But still, I'm a little uncomfortable with the sabre use, using rpd tech from our allies is all good, but just random civillian? And Lane Hacker tech? I gues we're sorta allies, right?

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Vito - 12-16-2011

I think what Dab is trying to say its you put PVP capabilities before RP and that is kinda sad for an official faction. You should be out there pirating or fighting for freedom and stuff instead of hunting people very far from your homeland. Just my 2 cents

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Veygaar - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:
- - - Rorry's Renegades
Payment: Sirius-wide 15.000.000cr. per ship.
Could I get a good inRP reason for this?

I'm thinking it is because of...

[5:43:35 PM] Pashalis (Charos): Maybe you could cheer me up if you returned the cap8 and battleship scanner to Narc

And saying it is because of ended negotiations is just silly, RL stuff got in the way and YOU ended the negotiations, even when I tried to explain...

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Death.RunningVerminator - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:I think what Dab is trying to say its you put PVP capabilities before RP and that is kinda sad for an official faction. You should be out there pirating or fighting for freedom and stuff instead of hunting people very far from your homeland. Just my 2 cents
Seconded. Me and a fellow group member were targeted earlier today in Omega 41. At one point the molly went to Gamma. Instead i think it would be better to, like Vito said, be at your home land pirating or fighting for freedom.