Discovery Gaming Community
The Mollys - Feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Mollys - Feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=68290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Charos - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:CBA to read everything but I happened to see this one line:
You didn't gave me a chance to jump, I kept telling you to leave me alone but you kept disrupting me and when we were finally alone you told me to meet the bushes, after-which you began shooting me, I was trying to type something when you snaced me. Bad form, pathetic, sad.
I remember you being about 1k away from the jumphole. I kept asking you the same question which was simple and since you didn't want to answer, you met the bushes. Don't pull that "I was typing and you killed me" thing because you took out my shield aswell and you were fighting me.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:Does this not seem a bit odd that a faction refuses to use its own ships

Well, in fact i can understand it, for the Z-line fighters are all , more or less unbalanced ( but not in a good way ).

-The Hyena, is so huge for a ship of its class, that it is useless in most of fights. Getting SNACed o' razored is very likely to happen. ( only 13 are used in Disco. So clearly there's something wrong with it ).

-The Greyhound is about 1.5 to twice as long as a templar, and it is still only a Heavy fighter.Turn are not so good for a ship of its class, and the hull is a bit weak.( that makes itvery vulnerable to razors and nukes )

-The werewolf carries a lot o' fire power, but it's also oversized. I think almost as large as some gunboats ( from the side ).While it's strafing capabilities are very poor, it makes a very easy target in group fight.So it is almost suicidal to use it in that kind of situation.

So the main problem might be the balance of this ship-line.And it can be understood that some players don't want to use it.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Vito - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:Well, in fact i can understand it, for the Z-line fighters are all , more or less unbalanced ( but not in a good way ).

-The Hyena, is so huge for a ship of its class, that it is useless in most of fights. Getting SNACed o' razored is very likely to happen. ( only 13 are used in Disco. So clearly there's something wrong with it ).

-The Greyhound is about 1.5 to twice as long as a templar, and it is still only a Heavy fighter.Turn are not so good for a ship of its class, and the hull is a bit weak.( that makes itvery vulnerable to razors and nukes )

-The werewolf carries a lot o' fire power, but it's also oversized. I think almost as large as some gunboats ( from the side ).While it's strafing capabilities are very poor, it makes a very easy target in group fight.So it is almost suicidal to use it in that kind of situation.
So the main problem might be the balance of this ship-line.And it can be understood that some players don't want to use it.

I am sorry, but your argument is irrelevant. Think about Titans and Sabres with Natters or Wraiths with Hornvipers. Even the Centurion I flew earlier in Dublin its slower than a Saber or an Eagle while being a HF or the Hogosha Black Dragon which has less hull and power than some HF's. Every ship has its weakness and it also makes perfect sense for the house military ships to be "better" than the pirate/unlawful ones. From where I'm standing I see no problem with the Molly/Rogues ships

Just like a libertonian faction, [M]'s put PvP capabilities before RP and I'll say it again: that is sad, very sad even.

On the other hand, I had a great time in Leeds/Dublin but I'd wish you have the decency to run to Arranmore instead of using the Hood for cover

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 12-18-2011

Aye, i do agree, but i was only answering to the ship-line thing i quoted. Not to the odd tech-ship combo part.

' Wrote:Does this not seem a bit odd that a faction refuses to use its own ships

And indeed every ship has it flaws and strongs sides.But i do feel that the Z-line has more weakness than others.

Anyway, always had good time when encounterin' sails.
As for the hood, as it stands on the way between leeds JH and Arry or Derry JH, if the char is not sure to make it all the way to Derry o' Arry, she could try hidin' near the hood.But it is a bet, wid de risk o' being surrounded and havin' no way to escape but to dock.
But maybe t'was more about sportsmanship ( sportswomanship ? ) than a RP question ?

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Vito - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:Aye, i do agree, but i was only answering to the ship-line thing i quoted. Not to the odd tech-ship combo part.
And indeed every ship has it flaws and strongs sides.But i do feel that the Z-line has more weakness than others.
Anyway, always had good time when encounterin' sails.
As for the hood, as it stands on the way between leeds JH and Arry or Derry JH, if the char is not sure to make it all the way to Derry o' Arry, she could try hidin' near the hood.But it is a bet, wid de risk o' being surrounded and havin' no way to escape but to dock.
But maybe t'was more about sportsmanship ( sportswomanship ? ) than a RP question ?

Actually it's a RP question since I already expressed my opinion about the Molly/IMG/BAF treaties a few posts ago. I have a problem not just with the Mollys but with everyone else who allies with everyone around them with no regard for their original lore, mainly because by doing that the only enemies they're left with are the Corsairs. Yes, I am biased but you can't tell me I'm wrong about it. What will happen if the sairs would go frindly/neutral with DHC to kill Hessians? Anyway, this is not the place to talk about how stupid (imho) most of the Disco aliances are

As for the Z-line, everyone thinks the same about the ship he/she uses. I can give you a dozen reasons about why the sair line is weaker than the others and I'm sure (almost) every other faction can do the same. How good a ship is depends on too many variables including skill, weapons, area of operations, enemies, etc. I'm sure the balance team thought about everything especially since we're talking about a very important ship line

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Username removed - 12-18-2011

Quote:I remember you being about 1k away from the jumphole. I kept asking you the same question which was simple and since you didn't want to answer, you met the bushes. Don't pull that "I was typing and you killed me" thing because you took out my shield aswell and you were fighting me.
What ? were you expecting me to write a life story to answer your question while you were about to shoot me ? you asked if Rotakians are another branch of Rorry's and I told you no, you asked why I was there, I told you I was going with Rorry's to pop Sairs, you asked what's a Rotakian, I told you we do not want to have anything to do with you. It didn't bothered me I went poof, it bothered me that you were acting by an oorp hate for the Renegades and lying on the forums that I chose to fight you while in fact you were the one looking for a blue message which is also proven by the fact that I was trying to leave and you kept disrupting me while I was telling you to leave me alone. If I wanted to fight you I would done such while I still had the Renegade's support. And FYI the {R} tagged ships are not Renegades, Renegades are name|RR tagged, so you can't say you confused us, we have nothing in common with the Renegades, we are not allies of the Renegades, they were in Theta preparing to shoot Sairs and we were going to the Sigmas when we met in Theta, and decided to team up to pop a common red. Don't tell me you didn't know because I told you in-game, right after you asked if we're a branch of Rorry's. And if I'm not very much mistaken I also told you before that.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - FallenKnight - 12-18-2011

' Wrote:How good a ship is depends on too many variables including skill, weapons, area of operations, enemies, etc. I'm sure the balance team thought about everything especially since we're talking about a very important ship line
This

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Syrus - 12-19-2011

' Wrote:Now back to Bretonia. Bretland really needs some love and you are the only ones who can give it to her. All you have to do is drop the stupid pacts with IMG and BAF and you will have plenty of action at home. I have yet to understand how those pacts make sense in the first place as they are equally stupid as an Corsair/IMG/Daumann pact in Omega 7, for example.
"Stupid pacts with IMG" ? Excuse me, but may I remind you of how the Mollys sell their Gold via IMG / Hood iRP since vanilla? I think them staying friendly with IMG has good reasons - IMG is pretty much a good way to get ressources and sell what they produce (Gold). Also, the IMG is targeted by quite a lot indi Mollys...not to mention all the other people who target IMG. I don't think you have any reason to get the factions which were even in vanilla RP friendly to IMG and rely to some degree on being at least neutral to IMG hostile to them.
It would hurt Mollys iRP. Even if they have grown and got a guard system etc.
But I know what your problem is...

Anyway, about the Z-Line:
There is no doubt that this shipline is not made for the kind of combat which occurs on Disco most of the time: bigger fighter brawls. The ships are big, biggest ships around for it's classes. Except the GB and Cruiser.
The Werewolf for example is a good pirating ship though, but still, a bomber is better in that regard. And the Barghest is a very good bomber for fighting transports and caps. But the LF has no use. It's big, it's weak, it's slow... And the HF also lacks in strength. Yes, many factors and variables are important when looking at the ship's performance, but I can safely say, that there is still a big balance difference between ships of the Z-line and the average Sirius ships - just as an example. Ships in Disco rely on agility, if you won't get hit you won't die, no matter how weak your armor is. But big ships DO get hit. They should rely on armor and firepower, but can't, because they just die. I can very much understand the Mollys not using the line, but it still makes me sad, as I find the ships quite good looking ... in a weird way.

About the Mercenaries - why does every group has to have Mercs? I'm so sick of Mercs ... and indi pirates .. can't people try to stick to NPC factions and their RP?
But anyway, the WG might be there - iRP - to better the relations with allies. As everyone else does it, I can't complain about the Mollys using them, I saw worse multi-ID use to increase ZoIs and the issue has to be adressed overall, not just with the Mollys.
That Merc issue brings me to Mollys and the BAF - why don't Mollys focus on Bretonia and fight BAF?
Well, maybe it's because BAF is rarely around for long. Whenever I see BAF around it doesn't take long and some Mercenary pops up to shoot them. There isn't much left for Mollys to shoot. And even if there isn't a Merc shooting BAF, someone else will do it: Hogs, Gaians, KNF, Gallics, Corsairs, Nommies of all kind, indi pirates...you name it. Blanket bounties... *shrugs* Way to easy.
Guess that's one of your problems as well.

Anyway, can't say much about Molly ingame RP lately, haven't been around Dublin much since the mining mod was changed. And when I was there [Avengers] came to fight, so there was not much to RP.
All I saw was the Merc group outside of Bretonia (namely in the Omegas) - also wasn't much RP to be had there, as I was fighting or just running through the system with my trader hoping no pirate sees me.
So I won't comment on that due to missing knowledge.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - FallenKnight - 12-19-2011

' Wrote:That Merc issue brings me to Mollys and the BAF - why don't Mollys focus on Bretonia and fight BAF?
Well, maybe it's because BAF is rarely around for long. Whenever I see BAF around it doesn't take long and some Mercenary pops up to shoot them. There isn't much left for Mollys to shoot. And even if there isn't a Merc shooting BAF, someone else will do it: Hogs, Gaians, KNF, Gallics, Corsairs, Nommies of all kind, indi pirates...you name it. Blanket bounties... *shrugs* Way to easy.
Guess that's one of your problems as well.

Everything you said here is right except the part this is a molly problem. Its a BAF problem and it's a fact that majority of the community take our ensigns like a bonus kill/npcs and if that continue soon there will be no backbone for BAF. We have lost a lot members just from the fact:
' Wrote:Whenever I see BAF around it doesn't take long and some Mercenary pops up to shoot them.

My recommendation to all Mercenaries, and since this is a [M] feedback, to all Mollies, to reduce their blue message-lust when some of our recruits comes online. That what you find as "Its our Rp to kill kill...and kill" is the invisible hand which points the way out for our recruits..which leads to faction inactivity. I dont mean our recruits are weak, but some of them are new players to discovery and the way others treat them wont make them stay here for long.
Thank you for the understanding.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - FallenKnight - 12-21-2011

A simple question: How can you explain this quote if we consider the Tech Chart Cell: RED??

' Wrote:So, if you wish to paint your hulls in red and turn the place upside down for the Naval Forces and whoever else dares to cross in your path, please accept our B50P models -or Katanas, if you prefer it that way- as our token of grattitude. A limited number of them shall be smuggled down to Newcastle for it's immediate set-up.