Discovery Gaming Community
The Mollys - Feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Mollys - Feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=68290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Reverend Del - 04-03-2012

I'll jump in here. No amount of opposing ships, when outside said opponents base, is a gank. Tough luck, but if you end up less than 10k from an opponents rock, station or planet, expect full resistance. Also don;t expect reams of RP. You're invading they're repelling. Quicker it's done the quicker they can go about their business.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Charos - 04-03-2012

' Wrote:I think you wasn't there...
wrong. 3 Gbs and 1 VHF against 2 Gbs. This other doesnt count Since he died without doing damage (wasn't on of us)
BTW. He died before you engaged us.
Sorry? We tried to RP for like 10min. Your Member sit in front of your Base and did NOTHING.
Uhm... And again.. NO.
We didnt hunt anything. We just saw on of your Member and followed him. Then we tried to RP. He just docked and came again. Of course without saying anything. Well. Suddenly all of you showed up and made an engage notice like "Engange all bunters i see". But well, if you like to play like that you should do it. Its a Feedback thread so you have to handle with bad feedback too... Just saying
I know what my wingmen fly and it was 2 gunboats and 2 fighters. Since you saw that attempts to RP were invain, you should've left and PM one of the HC members about the guy that was standing still.

And I can handle feedback, negative or not. Thing is, this feedback belongs to.. plain silly because it's about how it ended for you in a battle that you wanted.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Tigger - 04-03-2012

I'll start off by saying no, I wasn't there. I've been dealing with some computer issues as well as RL issues so have been offline except for occasional skype for the last week.

In regards to RP, some of our players are new to the server and their RP needs some work. We have veteran players who volunteer to help teach our rookies, but as I'm sure you are aware, it takes time and our vets can't be there all the time. What exactly went on in this situation I'm not sure, but in regards to the RP, we'll work on it.

In regards to calling for assistance, that is normal not just for the Mollys but for many factions and locations in the game. I'm on at least 10 emergency channels through Sirius and Gallia due to characters I play. Thus, regardless of faction, house, or location I see nothing wrong with that. It is in fact what our people are taught to do. We teach our players to call for assistance as soon as possible to allow others time to respond. Calling for help when you're out of regens and down to half hull doesn't help much, so we ask our players to put out the call as soon as possible. That our rookies did so before an engagement started is something I'm actually glad to hear.

In regards to numbers, I've personally taken on 4 Odins in one of my indie bottlenose. On another I was engaged with two Corsair gunboats. Why do I mention this? I mention it because I'm not even in the top 100 of PvP players on this server. The BN is a snub killing machine and very agile. Two BN's working together are killer in a group fight, this I know from experience on both sides of the ship's guns. Add a third, whether part of your group or not, and that's a hefty force to be reckoned with. That's my observation from not being involved in this incident, but having experience on both sides of the guns from both ID's.

I think Del said it best above in regards to the numbers. The Mollys were defending their base and thus I do not consider it a gank. Remove the base from the picture and I would still not consider it a gank due to to the capabilities of the opposing ships, which brings me back to role play. I've already agreed that some of our people could RP better, and that is being worked on. On our end, as bounty hunters, whether wanting to collect a bounty at that time or not, by sticking around as the reinforcements showed up would it not seem apparent that combat was going to happen? If it was purely role play and not combat that was expected, and when combat ships arrived, would it not have been prudent to vacate the area? On this, I'm simply curious.

I'll grant that a part of me wonders if you and your wingmen had engaged the rookies and destroyed them before reinforcements showed up, if there would have been a post here. I'm human, thus I can't help it, but no, there is no need to respond to that, it's irrelevant. Thanks for posting in our feedback thread. We'll work on coaching our rookies in regards to role play.

As for the reinforcements, I consider it a non-issue. It was a Molly base and a total of three gunships in opposition, the level of reinforcements were adequate to repel the opposition from the base. Based on the length of time estimated from the original post, there was more than enough time for the opposition to have withdrawn from the area.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - why_so_serious - 04-03-2012

mhh i never wanted to QQ about a gank. Well you got some more ships. But hey it was okay.
I just wonder why there was such poor RP from you. We had all the time of the world. We were alone, you got a nice force. So no need for making one line engagement.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Lucky Luke - 04-03-2012

' Wrote:mhh i never wanted to QQ about a gank. Well you got some more ships. But hey it was okay.
I just wonder why there was such poor RP from you. We had all the time of the world. We were alone, you got a nice force. So no need for making one line engagement.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to focus on too. As I said... I don't mind getting popped. If I did, I would stay close to a base all the time. Ganking is the way PvP is done in many systems today, and it's both fun and sad at the same time. But the hang-up is the fact that I keep seeing in posts, things about how indies must work on their RP, and how the official faction RP is superior. Maybe it IS superior... but not when indies are involved. It's like officials just assume... "Oh, an Indie! No need to put effort in our RP, coz since he's an indie, it's waste of time." So, please! RP with us! Then you can gank the hell out of us!:DCheers!

The Mollys - Feedback thread - Govedo13 - 04-03-2012

I would be rather short-imagine a base- of the faction X, when the enemy Y is chilling around the X base, X guns chill Y- this is more then RP- it is RP with guns. If someone from Y is RPin with guns at X base and then 2 more Y bottlenoses come- well they continue to RP..
Simple as that actually no need of 5 pages for it.

The Mollys - Feedback thread - why_so_serious - 04-03-2012

well, its a feedback thread. Take my Feedback or leave it ...

The Mollys - Feedback thread - dodike - 04-03-2012

' Wrote:well, its a feedback thread. Take my Feedback or leave it ...
Well, your feedback was not ignored and you got your response. Take it or leave it...

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - P1vas - 02-08-2013

I'd like to see your men flying something other than gunboats.
I won't be looking for interactions with you unless i have at least couple of mates to assist, which happens quite rarely, and even then we mostly aren't interested in shooting TZ gunnies.
I bet most BAF, BHG or corsair folks would tell the same.

Haven't seen a single Greyhound of yours for a loong while.
Just don't tell me that those 65+ ranked ships are snubs.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Yber - 02-09-2013

I was flying both, a greyhound and a barghest quite a lot today. And the past weeks a |WG sabre was around most of time.

Timezones?