Discovery Gaming Community
The Mollys - Feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Mollys - Feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=68290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Tigger - 02-10-2013

(02-08-2013, 09:18 AM)P1vas Wrote: I'd like to see your men flying something other than gunboats.
I won't be looking for interactions with you unless i have at least couple of mates to assist, which happens quite rarely, and even then we mostly aren't interested in shooting TZ gunnies.
I bet most BAF, BHG or corsair folks would tell the same.

Haven't seen a single Greyhound of yours for a loong while.
Just don't tell me that those 65+ ranked ships are snubs.

Looking at the faction activity, only 2 of the top 30 active ships are names I recognize to be gunboats, so your complaint that all we fly is gunboats is absurd.

As for snubs over rank 65, it's more than possible. When I had one character to to the FP1 event last month, it was a level 90 sabre.

My personal bactrian is a cau8. Two shared Ptrans are cau6+ with cloaks and cheetah thrusters. Some ships carry BS scanners just to be ornery.

As for greyhounds, we have members that fly them, as well as those that fly werewolfs and barghests.

I've no problem with negative feedback, but at least be accurate in your complaints before doing so.

Jeni
Molly faction lead.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - P1vas - 02-12-2013

*coughs*

[Image: th_screen28_zps6b63efa1.png] [Image: th_screen29-2_zpsed5bb20b.png] [Image: th_screen30_zps06574059.png]

I wouldn't bother myself posing and you reading if it was an exceptional case.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Tigger - 02-12-2013

Ahh yes, last night's encounter.

First off, the scyllia in your screen is number 78 in activity.

[M]-Golden.Druid 00:15:27 31/01/2013 06:24:24

Thus an encounter with it is rather rare and actually is an exceptional case.

As for last night, there was a report of a Corsair in system, was given as a probable cruiser. That ship was logged for a good cap fight. The pilot was actually griping in group chat about logging for a cap fight and ending up with a titan instead.

By logs of the encounter, you were given opportunity to leave which you chose not to do. You were then engaged and the dessie stayed out of it. You chose to put fire on the unarmed and unarmored mining ship, which is perfectly fine. The dessie then got between you and the mining ship and forced you out of the immediate area.

Dublin is our home, our primary system. If a Molly merc goes to gamma we end up with multiple corsairs from snubs to legates logging in to shoot us. You had 2 ships, of which only one gave serious combat to you.

Your problem is?

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - P1vas - 02-13-2013

I can always leave as long as there's noone with good aim and 200 m/s thruster speed.
So i don't do that beforehand usually.

There would be more fun for both sides if we had a little fighter clash. I don't mind getting outnumbered.
My problem? Maybe bad luck. I met [M] gunboats without snub cover in like 3 cases out of 5. Each time i was either alone or had only fighters in my group. It's okay to trap into superiour ship class. But with me it hapened quite too often.

Up to you if you make some moves or not. Anyway it's little to no problem for me and i didn't plan pointing out someone's wrongness.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Thunderer - 08-02-2015

I like the members of the [M]ollys and I like the faction's role-play, but there is one little (and sometimes very annoying) thing, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this.

The BAF| sometimes catch a Molly or two somewhere. Almost always I have seen (or heard of) the said Mollys, in case they were able to, escape to Golden Coin, under the cover of its numerous weapons platforms. Even if they were offered a fair fight. The BAF either turn around and dock, or gank the Mollys hugging the Coin. Or they die, in case they have too few forces, but don't turn around and dock.
And then the said Mollys return to pirate miners and traders, or to besiege one of our bases, mostly Hochschild, a BMM POB some 30k (20? 40?) away from the Coin.

Yes, that is all inRP. It is also inRP that the BAF besieges the Coin in return, but we don't want to. We know how important it is for you and your activity, and we don't want to kill it off. I don't like POB sieges personally, but if one is a bigger problem than the siege would be itself, I will try to see it removed.

Can you please stop hugging the Coin in case you are offered a fair fight? In case you are ganked, it's all okay, gankers should be ganked by 2304158921375 BS cerbs anyways, so they see how does the other side feel and not do it again.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Vigilia.Procuratio - 08-03-2015

To be sure, to be sure... if it was in Bretonia proper then I could understand, except it's Dublin. Given that Dublin is a single system under the proclaimed rights of the Republic, it's not as if it's a pirate faction claiming an entire house. I would deplore this tactic in Liberty if it were the Rogues making off to Rochester, but it's a bit different in Or'land. And yes, I've hugged Coin a few times to save me whiskey... an' me shiny nuggets fer that matter. Molly does what Molly does!

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 08-03-2015

What you've seen Mollys around, and nobody tells me ?
And the said Mollys return to pirate miners and traders?
I must definitly meet that one !

So the problem is the aforementionned Mollys are retreating to the Coin when outnumbered, and the BAF are retreating to the Essex; when outnumbered ?

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Thunderer - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 06:59 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Almost always I have seen (or heard of) the said Mollys, in case they were able to, escape to Golden Coin, under the cover of its numerous weapons platforms. Even if they were offered a fair fight.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Doria - 08-03-2015

Look... I fly an indie molly... If I see any BAF or BPA I will always run, fair fight or not. This 'fetiche' about fair fights is ridiculous, "oh, we have 10 times more ships, but let's watch those two duel, so we risk loosing a pilot and a ship when our victory is granted, how smart we are". To me makes no sense at all, cuz for PvP I go to Conn.

That said, I never hug bases.

RE: The Mollys - Feedback thread - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 06:59 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Almost always I have seen (or heard of) the said Mollys, in case they were able to, escape to Golden Coin, under the cover of its numerous weapons platforms. Even if they were offered a fair fight.

Being offered a "fair" fight is quite a rare thing to the last least. Maybe one of twenty encounter. Might remember having one in the last ( two ? ) month. But generally you'd be outnumbered by far.

So i suspect the problem to lie elsewhere... like in what the complaining players ( and it seem they're few, because we didn't had many encounters but with the same player(s) ) consider to be "fair" fight.
For example i had complains, about me fleing with a fighter from three... or fleeing with a barguie from a fighter.

However, it's not that i complain about it, for that's how it should be : "taking the risk to lose a pilot and a ship when the victory is granted" is the logical thing to do.
On the other hand, it's also hightly logical to flee when the defeat is granted.

Considering the whole thing, it might not involving the faction, but only from a few pilot and me...
Or is it all about fleeing from a fight ? I think there was a threat about it.