Discovery Gaming Community
Unactive jumpgates? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Unactive jumpgates? (/showthread.php?tid=78)

Unactive jumpgates? - xit - 07-27-2005

I were today happily flying around in the New York system, going down to the New York -> Magellan jumpgate.
But when I arrived at it, I just got the message that I couldn't dock with it, and it was non-operational or something like that.

Now I wondered if it was just a temporary thing, so flew around a little, even back to West Point, but it was still non-operational.

So now I ask: is it a bug, or is it on purpose that it's shut down?
Or is it just me?

Unactive jumpgates? - Igiss - 07-27-2005

There's a purpose - it's a singleplayer jumpgate, and for multiplayer it's normally shut down. However I did unlock all singleplayer jumpgates and jumpholes in Discovery mod, except for this one. It makes cardamine route from Mactan to Manhattan way too easy.

Unactive jumpgates? - xit - 07-28-2005

Ok, thanks for the info.

I just use it as a fast way to get to Leeds, didn't even know about the Cardamine route. Then again I've never befriended the Hackers, so never had any use of the Mactan base. :D

Unactive jumpgates? - Wrath - 07-28-2005

It's a really great jumpgate..... it's a shame we couldnt fix a few things to use it. But closing it is simpler so I don't blame you.

Unactive jumpgates? - Igiss - 07-28-2005

I closed this gate intentionally, I could leave it open. This is not a great jumpgate; it provides a cheap and short traderoute. Manhattan -> West Point -> Jumpgate -> Mactan and back, that's all, and you make 700 per 1 cargo unit on each run. Almost no risk (only 2 small areas with police, near West Point and Manhattan). And very short.

If you fly through California, there are 4 points where you can be scanned, and the route becomes much longer. That's why that cheater jumpgate is locked.

No you misunderstand... I mean for getting around the universe it is a great jumpgate....

But I understand why you closed it. Also let me just say being scanned doenst matter at all for runing cardamine.

Unactive jumpgates? - Igiss - 07-28-2005

If you are very unlucky and get scanned right when you exit the tradelane, and if there are Liberty navy capships flying around... these guys might destroy a freighter in seconds.

Thats not what I meant.... in multiplayer you can completely cheese the police with f1.

Unactive jumpgates? - daedalus - 07-28-2005

Wrath,Jul 28 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:Thats not what I meant.... in multiplayer you can completely cheese the police with f1.
[snapback]940[/snapback]

Yeah, good old F1. :crazy:

I've never seen so many players joining the server without apparently quitting!

:unsure: