Discovery Gaming Community
Police Vs Navy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Police Vs Navy (/showthread.php?tid=83410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Police Vs Navy - Guyton - 07-07-2012

For the longest I've been curious about the conflict in roleplay regarding police and navy factions. Today we have Navy/Military factions meant to protect the state from foreign threats policing the houses, and their IDs give them the right to do so. Where does that leave Police factions who are actually meant to police the state and enforce law? I could understand Navy forces policing the nation's border especially during a time a war. I don't understand why military personnel would take time from their training operations/preparation for combat would play police scanning individuals for illegal contraband like modern policemen doing drug searches. It appears police factions really have no specialized roles seeing as navys can do their jobs for them.

[Also I Did Not Vote In Poll]

Police Vs Navy - Blackvertigo1 - 07-07-2012

I voted "No" for the sake of MP forces. (Military Police)

' Wrote:I voted "No" for the sake of MP forces. (Military Police)

Curious of why Military Police would be policing Civilians. They would be guarding Guard systems if anything.

Police Vs Navy - Loken - 07-07-2012

' Wrote:For the longest I've been curious about the conflict in roleplay regarding police and navy factions. Today we have Navy/Military factions meant to protect the state from foreign threats policing the houses, and their IDs give them the right to do so. Where does that leave Police factions who are actually meant to police the state and enforce law? I could understand Navy forces policing the nation's border especially during a time a war. I don't understand why military personnel would take time from their training operations/preparation for combat would play police scanning individuals for illegal contraband like modern policemen doing drug searches. It appears police factions really have no specialized roles seeing as navys can do their jobs for them.
No they don't, but they get TLAGSNET which makes policing as a police officer much easier. It's been that way since the single player campaign. The navy did as much policing as the police.

' Wrote:No they don't, but they get TLAGSNET which makes policing as a police officer much easier. It's been that way since the single player campaign. The navy did as much policing as the police.

In the single player campaign the Liberty Security Forces bridged the gap in policing thus they were considered the military branch allowed to police. Counter Intelligence and authorization that allows the military/police to do what normally could not be allowed.

' Wrote:In the single player campaign the Liberty Security Forces bridged the gap in policing thus they were considered the military branch allowed to police.
Yes, unfortunately disco has interpreted that entirely wrong and thinks they are some kind if secret agent group.

That doesn't change the fact that the military factions you saw would spend as much time policing the core worlds as the police. Pirates in freelancer have military grade equipment, they are a military problem.

Police Vs Navy - RickJames - 07-07-2012

This is a very old discussion that's pops up at least yearly.

In a perfect game cops would be cops and the military would be the military. There would always be tons of cops and tons of criminals breaking the law to arrest. There would always be tons of military folks, and constant foreign threats to defeat.

Unfortunately, there are no perfect games and so each faction makes do with what it can.

For me the game is about good guys and bad guys. Good guys in their ZOI fight the Bad Guys in their ZOI and vice versa....no pun intended.

' Wrote:Yes, unfortunately disco has interpreted that entirely wrong and thinks they are some kind if secret agent group.

That doesn't change the fact that the military factions you saw would spend as much time policing the core worlds as the police. Pirates in freelancer have military grade equipment, they are a military problem.

Police factions also have access to military grade equipment. The only thing I can draw siding with your involving a matter becoming a military problem. Is the fact police are only authorized up to a gunboat and major pirate factions are authorized to fly larger classes. I would consider a ship flying in house territory a grade cruiser and higher would be a threat to national security this would involve military action.

Police Vs Navy - Ursus - 07-07-2012

As long as pirates are flying military-class vessels, the military should be able to respond

' Wrote:Police factions also have access to military grade equipment. The only thing I can draw siding with your involving a matter becoming a military problem. Is the fact police are only authorized up to a gunboat and major pirate factions are authorized to fly larger classes. I would consider a ship flying in house territory a grade cruiser and higher would be a threat to national security this would involve military action.
I would consider a pirate flying a top of the range military class fighter a threat to national security.