Discovery Gaming Community
Generic Unlawful IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Generic Unlawful IFF (/showthread.php?tid=85775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Generic Unlawful IFF - Mímir - 08-17-2012

Hello, it's been proposed before and I remember last time I was very much against it.

However I am really tired of getting rule-booked by noobs in regards to the Freelancer IFF/Pirate ID - so perhaps we should just get that generic unlawful IFF once and for all and put a stop to the confusion?

Thoughts?

Generic Unlawful IFF - Dubstep - 08-17-2012

Dude, just because you changed your opinion about it doesn't mean you should start the 10th+ topic about it. You pretty much have nothing new to say except "I changed my mind, lets start yet another discussion all over again".

Generic Unlawful IFF - Junes - 08-17-2012

I would welcome a generic unlawful IFF, too, mainly due to the reasons you mentioned. However I'm not sure if IFFs can be implemented without a respective ID. Maybe rename the 'Freelancer Pirate' back in 'Pirate' or maybe 'Unlawful'...

Generic Unlawful IFF - Constantine - 08-17-2012

IFF is not about the id but the faction reps.

Just like a freelancer faction, it will require for you to create a 'generic unlawful' faction or whatever.

' Wrote:Dude, just because you changed your opinion about it doesn't mean you should start the 10th+ topic about it. You pretty much have nothing new to say except "I changed my mind, lets start yet another discussion all over again".

I think you mis-interpreted my post and intentions. Yes, I wanted to raise the issue again, because the last time the result was somewhat inconclusive, and I (now) know it is something that really causes a lot of confusion and anger/rage amongst newer players, and perhaps it could be one of those things that could help make disco less confusing and hostile. Nice shot though.

EDIT: Also I wanted to make a poll but I don't know how

Generic Unlawful IFF - Paranoia - 08-17-2012

IFF - freelancer, ID - pirate. What`s wrong? He is independent pirat.

Problem is a lot of newer players dont understand that - and to be fair, I do see why it is confusing or could be seen as "cheating" by them. So when you stop them, you have to go through 10 minutes of OOC rule-booking before you can make your demands. It's really frustrating for both parties.

Generic Unlawful IFF - Constantine - 08-17-2012

' Wrote:confusion and anger/rage amongst newer players, and perhaps it could be one of those things that could help make disco less confusing.
New players can suck it up and learn what's what before they start raging in system wide channels or some random person's private chat.

Generic Unlawful IFF - Dubstep - 08-17-2012

' Wrote:So when you stop them, you have to go through 10 minutes of OOC rule-booking before you can make your demands. It's really frustrating for both parties.
Or you can just kill him and be done with it.

' Wrote:Nice shot though.
At what?

I agree, but that doesnt change the fact that they do rage in local/system and break immersion etc. and will keep doing so as long as the Pirate ID/Freelancer IFF exists.