Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP (/showthread.php?tid=89120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - KellyR - 10-23-2012

Hello.

I'd like to announce a new server. It's running the latest FLHook and Discovery 4.86, but it's a Non-RP server situated in North America.

As the subject says, it's called Discovery Freeplay Non-RP 24/7.

It's centrally located in the USA.

Features:
  • Only need 3 unique players for an official clan
  • RP is not enforced in any way. There is no system ban if a player is killed during PVP.
  • Repfixer disabled.
  • Power Drain on cruise is disabled.
  • Tech Compatibility is disabled.
  • Extremely simplified rule set.
  • System Ownership and territory conquest for official clans.
  • Any Ship/ID/weapons combo
  • Slightly enhanced mining.
  • Jumpdrives and survey modules greatly reduced in power and fuel usage.
  • Base requirmements cut in half on all recipes and greatly reduced on other things except the materials needed to deploy which are left at GC defaults.
  • Cloaking devices make much more usable
  • Battlestar II's and barges available for clans only. Battlestar II's cost 7 billion credits. Venators available for clans only for 8 billion credits.
  • Thor Mk2, Tundra, Persephone, Satsuma Imperial Yacht, and Necrosis available as an ADMIN purchase to anyone who has the credits.
  • Base insurance and base moves available for a substantial fee.

Player starting ship: Rhino docked at Planet Erie
Player starting funds: 10000 credits
Player starting rep: Discovery default

There are only 3 restarts: Nomads, Pantoms, and Coalition. These three and The Wild are the only factions that cannot be repped as they are hostile toward all except their own kind. These restarts requires prior financial backing as they start in a light fighter with 0 credits and no weapons.

IP address: 72.209.152.29
Hostname: disco-freeplay.game-host.org
Server port: 2302

Forums at http://www.discovery-freeplay.com

Edit: Added feature of only 3 people for an official clan
Edit: Added Phantom restart
Edit: Added Coalotion restart
Edit: Added Battlestar II availability for clans only.
Edit: Added new available ships as an admin purchase and availability of Base moves and base insurance.
Kelly

RE: Discovery Freeplay Non-RP 24/7 - JayDee Kasane - 10-23-2012

Sounds way too easy to play there.
I guess many players on Disco would love to play without rules that prevents lolwutism.
But Im not.

RE: Discovery Freeplay Non-RP 24/7 - KellyR - 10-23-2012

Don't get it wrong. There are rules. I don't tolerate non-rp threats, personal attacks, racial and sexual remarks in any chat. And will perma ban those who do it. I come down on swearing with a warning, then a fine or two then ban if needed.

I don't allow pirates to tax oiutrageous amounts (anything more than 1000 credits per cargo space (whether it's being used for equipment or not) is out of line on Freeplay. I also don't allow people to unlawfully pirate in anything larger than a gunboat, although I do allow interdiction of GC stated or official clan stated contraband in any size vessel.

I just don't enforce most of the RP rules.

The rules for official clans, system ownership and system battles are quite involved. I also don't allow people to place base weapons platforms closer than 10k to a NPC dockable object and then set the base to kill all non-allied ships.

It's meant to be a lot of fun without a lot of rules. But unfortunately, there do have to be some rules.

Kelly

RE: Discovery Freeplay Non-RP 24/7 - KellyR - 12-28-2012

Updated information concerning restarts

Kelly

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - monmarfori - 12-28-2012

That would be unrealistic and too easy since they can cloak when always losing.

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - KellyR - 12-28-2012

(12-28-2012, 09:17 AM)monmarfori Wrote: That would be unrealistic and too easy since they can cloak when always losing.

Who can cloak? Thewild? Nomads? Coalition? Phantoms? The way it's set up now, anyone can cloak if their losing. If they've purchased a cloaking device off of a player base. Since there are no player bases on the server in question yet, no one can cloak.

Kelly

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - Tigger - 12-29-2012

Sounds interesting. It reminds me of the many vanilla servers that used to be out there. Could be fun.

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - KellyR - 12-29-2012

Thank you. It's meant to be as near vanilla as possible considering it's running the Discovery 4.86 mod. Everyone is welcome to login when and if you want a break from RP. Or even if you just want something diferent. There's no rule against RP. It just isn't enforced.

Kelly

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - deso - 01-01-2013

This is great news, some friends and myself have been looking for a non-RP Discovery server to play on a few years ago, but we gave up.

We played vanilla back in the day when the game got released, but we disliked other mods except Discovery. The only problem was the RP enforced rule on servers and we're not into RP.

I'll try contacting my friends and see if they're still interested, hopefully we'll have 3 or more join and start our own clan.

Cheers and best of luck.

RE: Discovery Freeplay 24/7 Non-RP - Duvelske - 01-01-2013

well dont get me wrong. But for me it would be boring as hell. Its like playing on singleplayer with only npc interaction. The human interaction and RP makes it fun. I think its one of the great things wich kept Disco alive. BUt if you prefer it this way. Well i would say go for it.