Discovery Gaming Community
[SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: [SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL (/showthread.php?tid=94079)

Pages: 1 2

[SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Rocket.Mouse - 02-13-2013

Fer why?

Fresh install (x2 from the humble message), started up and got rid of the video card check, then installed discovery & launchpad, and I get an error that humbly staes "Freelancer did not detect a 3d capable video card in your system. If you have a 3d capable card installed please try rebooting, You may need to reinstall the game." Joy.

I know this lil netty booky did it before, just now....... bah - specs~

Intel Atom Processor1 N270 (1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache)
Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home with SP3
1024MB DDR2 533MHz SDRAM Single Channel Memory
160GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive tons of room for booty
Classic and Elegant Design with NightSky Supa Dupa Sexy Black finish
6-Cell Lithium Ion (4400mAh) = 7hours of streaming por...
Chassis with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 and Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset

Any help is much appreciated!

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Salmin - 02-13-2013

Quote:Chassis with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 and Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset

That is a reason.

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Anaximander - 02-13-2013

hiya, i used to play on similar specs with the horrid GMA950 too.

The problem is the bloom mod / enbseries that Disco uses as default now - your GMA can't run it properly and it needs to be switched off (the enbseries mods are typically based on Shader Model 3.0 specifications but GMA950 only support Shader Model 2.0 fully - you might be able to get either a custom enbseries file or custom drivers for your GMA950, but be very careful with such drivers). Back when I used a GMA950 machine, you could choose whether or not you wanted to install and run enbseries when you installed Disco - it works different now, so I am not sure how to de-activate enbseries before loading up the game (its shift+f12 when in game).

Also you might have problems with text and random artifacts jumping around on your screen. If that happens, update your GMA950 drivers, and in case that doesn't work roll back to some really old drivers (that worked for me).

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Narcotic - 02-13-2013

Weird, I'm having the same specs for my netbook, and I've never received such error. Maybe download the latest intel graphic driver for your GMA 950.

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Rocket.Mouse - 02-13-2013

Much appreciated, yet no win. Re installed FL+, updated drivers again, no luck. This must be a mission for another time, just not right now. I have my main box but I'll miss my lil traveling rig, kinda had need of it.

Thanks all, you two got me hopeful and more focused.

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Anaximander - 02-13-2013

as an experiment, try removing d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini from your Discovery/EXE folder (NOT your "regular" freelancer installation folder, but the Disco one) - I'm pretty sure that will de-activate the bloom mod permanently (or until you move the 2 files back) and it might let you get in-game. try it.

RE: Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Rocket.Mouse - 02-14-2013

(02-13-2013, 03:29 PM)Anaximander Wrote: as an experiment, try removing d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini from your Discovery/EXE folder (NOT your "regular" freelancer installation folder, but the Disco one) - I'm pretty sure that will de-activate the bloom mod permanently (or until you move the 2 files back) and it might let you get in-game. try it.

WIN!
Success!

RE: [SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Cannon - 02-18-2013

Hmm. This is good to know.

I've also had luck by installing the windows XP drivers.

RE: [SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL - Grail - 03-11-2014

(02-14-2013, 01:54 PM)Rocket.Mouse Wrote:
(02-13-2013, 03:29 PM)Anaximander Wrote: as an experiment, try removing d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini from your Discovery/EXE folder (NOT your "regular" freelancer installation folder, but the Disco one) - I'm pretty sure that will de-activate the bloom mod permanently (or until you move the 2 files back) and it might let you get in-game. try it.

WIN!
Success!

Also win here!!! Same Intel GMA, same problem. Solved !!!

RE: [SOLVED] Disco on my netbook = FAIL - evanz - 03-11-2014

so if i remove the d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini itll disable the bloom when loading?, as i always turn it off anyway, not that my comp cant handle it, i just dont like it and press the shift f12 to turn it off when fl is loaded