Discovery Gaming Community
[closed/solved] Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [closed/solved] Chance of surviving nomad NPCs (/showthread.php?tid=94564)

[closed/solved] Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - lIceColon - 02-23-2013

[issue resolved, thread closed]
all my freelancer life i've wanted to become a zoner. unfortunately the first chance I had i got a single bribe instead of a double bribe, so I was never gonna get that zoner id unless i lowered my rep with them.
someone suggest i shoot zoner depots in tau29, and i suspect that i might have over did it, cuz now zoners hate me (i thought my rep wouldn't drop so damn quickly, iwas wrong)
the only zoner allies i'm friendly with are the GMG, and they ain't never givin me that zoner double/triple bribe. So i figured i should go shoot some nomads to get me rep up with the order and everyone else, and try to get a zoner bribe an an Order base.
I am currently in a Percheron with 2.5x armor upgrade, Adv. Transport Positron Shield and all-bretonia small transport turrets. i've got 16M credits to spare, so any suggestions/indications on whether i could survive killing nomads? How should i survive against nomads?
How much stronger are the nomads compared to the vanilla nomads, and is there a good nomad system where I could shoot nomads? What ships and tactics are good against nomads specifically (otherwise i'm just gonna joust and hope my shields and armor hold)?

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - Narcotic - 02-23-2013

At first go to New Hope West/East in Conorado (Colonial Military Planet), and try to get a Zoner bribe. Alternatives would be Casablanca Base/Viernheim Base in Omega-47 (Corsairs/Red Hessians), or Cape Wrath in Newcastle (Outcasts), or Unioner Bases (and a lot more locations, which offer Zoner bribes). Once you've got your Zoner rep neutral, so you can dock at their bases again, you should try to get a double bribe at Bethlehem Station in Philadelphia. I even managed to get a triple bribe there, so I had the Zoner Guard IFF flashing.

And I doubt that shooting Nomad NPCs will fix your reputation.

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - nOmnomnOm - 02-23-2013

Shooting Nomads can be difficult. Especially if your alone and the server numbers are low!
SO yea.

Do what Narcotic said Big Grin

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - The.Comanche - 02-23-2013

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91634&pid=1273416#pid1273416

Hope i helped.

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - lIceColon - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 01:24 AM)The.Comanche Wrote: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91634&pid=1273416#pid1273416

Hope i helped.

GAAARGH!!! read guides on being trader, guides on dealing with pirates, and guides on flight tactics, just didn't figure out there would be rep guides as well...wish i read this b4 i did anything stupid >.<

@Narcotic

here's a list of the factions i might have indirectly angered:
colonial, corsairs, red hessians, etc.

but i will try outcast and unioner bases.

thanks for the help guys appreciate it

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - Zen_Mechanics - 02-23-2013

Come visit us at Omicron-mu - or check our guard system in Omicron-74, we will help you out.
As far as the reputation, killing nomads won't fix ur reputation, if u didn't bribe well at the first time.. its a goner.
You can shoot zoner npcs until ur rep drops againt to 0 or 0.5 and get a double bribe, and again shoot npcs and again get a double bribe, that should fix ur guard rep.
But even though its OORP here.. I hate people shooting at zoners, so don't do it while were there.

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - lIceColon - 02-28-2013

haha, finally managed to get a zoner bribe after defending myself from gallic fighters, then fixing my rep with IMG. now this time i shoot depots carefully. While there's zero chance of this thread being revisited, still how do I close a thread?

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - Melander - 02-28-2013

You don't, just stop posting in it. If you really want to you could just edit the post to say 'closed'

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - Joleia - 03-14-2013

edit: ignore this, i skim read and didnt notice the first line.

RE: Chance of surviving nomad NPCs - GTB - 03-14-2013

Easy way to get zoner rep. Dock at Freelancer base in Coronardo first, then fly to Tau-29 and shoot depots at the zoner base until your about "4 bars" to left on rep list with zoners. Then kill yourself so you re-spawn back at the freelancer base and look for triple bribes.

It's also a good way to get FreeLancer IFF. I've used that method a few times and got both full zoner and freelancer rep together at same time. If the depots are shot already at Tau-29, then head to Omega 5 instead and shoot depots at the zoner base their.